2/25/2009 City Council Meeting

Started by Ted, February 21, 2009, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Here is the agenda for the 2/25 city council agenda.  Looks like some interesting things, including

+ Ethics charges against Erickson (Item I-8);
+ The recommendation to make the Marik funeral home an historical landmark (Item I-10);
+ The La Qunita overcrowding incidents (Item I-2);
+ The alley behind Salerno (Item I-3); 
+ The parking situation on Lombard avenue (Item F-3)
+ Reserving parking on Ridgeland for teachers at Havlicek school (Item J-11)
+ Proposed promotion of Jim Sassetti to seargeant (Item I-9)
+ Mobile units at St. Mary of Celle for Children's School of Oak Park (Item I-1)

BERWYN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
                                 FEBRUARY 25, 2009

DEAR ATTENDEE.....THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL WELCOME YOU. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS A MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS AS OPPOSED TO A PUBLIC HEARING WHERE ATTENDEES ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE. UNLESS INVITED BY THE MAYOR TO SPEAK, YOU ARE REQUESTED NOT TO INTERRUPT. IF YOU ARE RECOGNIZED BY THE MAYOR, PLEASE PREFACE YOUR REMARKS BY STATING YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR THE RECORD. THANK YOU.
MICHAEL A. O'CONNOR                                                         THOMAS J. PAVLIK
   MAYOR                                                                                    CITY CLERK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AGENDA

ROLL CALL

(A) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - MOMENT OF SILENCE

(B) OPEN FORUM - (TOPIC MUST NOT BE ON THE AGENDA)

(C) PRESENTATION OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS MINUTES FOR APPROVAL
1. REG-2/10/09-COW-2/10/09

(D) BID OPENING - TABULATIONS

(E) BERWYN DEVELOPMENT CORP.-BERWYN TOWNSHIP/HEALTH DISTRICT

(F) REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE MAYOR
1. PROC-HONOR ALD. TOM DAY FOR DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
2. PROC-HONORING POLICE OFFICERS & DISBATCHERS
3. LOMBARD AVENUE PARKING
4. POLICE PENSION BOARD
5. BERWYN HOUSING CENTER

(G) REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY CLERK

(H) COMMUNICATIONS FROM ( ZONING) BOARD OF APPEALS

(I) REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS FROM ALDERMEN, COMMITTEES OTHER BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
1. DEFER-ERICKSON-TEMPORARY BUILDING –ST MARY OF CELLE
2. CHAPMAN-INCIDENT AT LA QUINTA RESTAURANT AGAIN
3. CHAPMAN-ALLEY TO THE NORTH OF SALERNO'S
4. WEINER-LIBRARY
5. WEINER-FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUESTS
6. PHELAN-1926 EAST AVE
7. LOVERO/DAY-1844 LOMBARD-TREE REMOVAL
8. ADM COMMITTEE REFERAL #17-PROHIBITED POLITICAL ACTIVITY
9. F/P COMM-APPT J. SASSETTI AS SERGEANT
10. BHPC-NOMINATE MARIK & SONS FUNERAL HOME BLDG-6507 W. CERMAK RD AS HISTORIC LANDMARK

(J) STAFF REPORTS
1. DEFER-LAW-RESOL TO CONVEY PROPERTY & ASSIGN LEASE TO SEDGWICK PROPERTIES DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
2. LAW-RESOL AUTHORIZING FILING OF APPLICATION WITH THE FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION FOR TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE
3. LAW-RESOL AUTHORIZING PAYMENT OF TAXES
4. LAW-SIGN ORDINANCE
5. LAW –ORD-AMERICAN ST BANK BLDG-6801 CERMAK RD-HISTORIC LANDMARK
6. LAW-ORD-BERWYN NATIONAL BK. BLDG-6804 WINDSOR-HISTORIC LANDMARK
7. LAW-ORD-AMENDING CHAP 480 & 484 OF THE TRAFFIC CODE
8. LAW RESOL-ADOPT PUB HEARING PROCEDURES FOR BHPC
9. BLDG DIR-DEMOLITION REQ-1320 HIGHLAND AVE.
10. TRAFFIC ENGINEER-WINDSOR AVE CONFLICTING SIGNAGE
11. TRAFFIC ENGINEER-ADDITIONAL PRKNG AT HAVLICEK SCHOOL

(K) CONSENT AGENDA: ALL ITEMS ON THE CONSENT AGENDA ARE CONSIDERED TO BE ROUTINE IN NATURE AND WILL BE ENACTED IN ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSION OF THESE ITEMS UNLESS A COUNCIL MEMBER SO REQUESTS, IN WHICH EVENT THE ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA AND CONSIDERED AS THE FIRST ITEM AFTER APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT AGENDA
1. BUDGET CHAIRMAN-PAYROLL-$897,859.85
2. BUDGET CHAIRMAN-PAYABLES-2/25/09-$2,972,140.46
3. WEINER-HANDICAP SIGN-K. ZOLECKE-7120 W. 28TH PL-APPROVE
4. LOVERO-HANDICAP SIGN-N. LADA-1818 HOME AVE-APPROVE
5. ERICKSON-HANDICAP SIGN-M. SINNOTT-1429 CLINTON-APPROVE
6. ERICKSON-HANDICAP SIGN-S. HENSEL-1246 EAST AVE.-APPROVE

ITEMS SUBMITTED ON TIME 33
In accordance with the provisions of the Americans with disabilities Act, any individual who is in the need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in or benefit from attendance at a public meeting of the City of Berwyn should contact Thomas J. Pavlik, City Clerk at 708/788-2660 as soon as possible before the meeting date.

OakParkSpartan

Did you see Joel's memo to Pavlik?

One of the funniest communications I've read in a long time.

Suddenly Skryd is "sighting"[sic] ethics violations.  Pot, meet kettle.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

n01_important

The big thieves hang the little ones.
Stupid fuck

Bear

Wow...We got gas thieves...#3 wants to catch them
red handed!...

BP might get the alley back!... Some TG's could perish picking up
up their pies if that happens!

Looks like the rest of the meeting is going to the...
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Berwyn Patsy

Wouldn't it be easier to count gas keys again?  How many people have gas keys?
I thought the gas issue was long taken care of?
The blocked alley has been a sore spot with me, along with other issues concerning
Salerno's as you all know.  It's about time accountability and action should take place regarding
the alley being block, it's been a safety issue (among other things) since the first day it was closed off.

ZORBA

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 21, 2009, 01:07:00 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to count gas keys again?  How many people have gas keys?
I thought the gas issue was long taken care of?
The blocked alley has been a sore spot with me, along with other issues concerning
Salerno's as you all know.  It's about time accountability and action should take place regarding
the alley being block, it's been a safety issue (among other things) since the first day it was closed off.
Patsy,

Who are you looking for answers from?

You may want to talk to some of your DEM buddies.

They were the ones who made it disappear in the first place.

Berwyn Patsy

Zorba, I thought you had taken a vacation, you have been so quiet!
I know exactly when, why and how that alley came  to be.   I thought it
was a wrong decision then, and never changed my mind, and as a resident voiced
my concerns many times.
It does not matter that "MY BUDDIES THE DEMS" WERE IN OFFICE AT THE TIME.
Oc has been in office for almost 4 years and "YOUR BUDDIES", have also done diddle
to correct the situation being discussed.

n01_important

Can someone elaborate on what alley, where and why it's a problem?  For the sake of those us little un-important people who are not in the know.
Stupid fuck

ZORBA

Well then Patsy, do tell us when, why, and how regarding the alley.

Let me get this straight-you want OC to correct a problem YOUR people have created?

Why not ask Nona first?

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 21, 2009, 02:27:23 PM
It does not matter that "MY BUDDIES THE DEMS" WERE IN OFFICE AT THE TIME.
Oc has been in office for almost 4 years and "YOUR BUDDIES", have also done diddle
to correct the situation being discussed.

Maybe no one has complained since you left?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Berwyn Patsy

I have written all there is to know about Salerno's , the alley, the blight, the homeless, the
safety issue, its all been said. You'll have to look back through this board since the beginning, I
can't.
Zorba likes to twist and turn and manipulate, but the truth of matters always seem to be hard for him.
I don't know if anyone else has complained since I left, I don't care about anyone else.  I cared about
me and my family.  My neighbors on that block all agreed with my complaints, some worked with me,  but many were just not
as verbal as I was, and also knew Arnie or Delores, the owners of the building and didn't want to make waves.
Ya know Politics??
Nona and Jean Marie Hajer were both helpful to me and were instrumental in getting the owners to
repair the back of the building which was blighted. 
So if Nona is back on the bandwagon, I applaud her.. she is doing her job.

ZORBA

Ah, you can't get off THAT easy Patsy.

Where has Zorba manipulated anything?

What I find utterly amazing is that a Dem, ANY Dem, would want to touch this issue with a ten foot pole. :D ;D :D

mustang54

Now theres economic development progress at its finest. Making an empty funeral home a historic landmark? Your kidding right? Oh I forgot it worked so well for the bank on Oak Park and Cermack. If they pass that one the new city motto should be "cluster fucks r us!"

Berwyn Patsy

The whole situation in my opinion has nothing to do with what political party you are, were or have been.
It has everything to do with what's right and what's wrong.
Wasn't OC a democrat before he was an IVBer?
It's in  your personality Andy, you can't help it, it's called manipulation disorder. Nothing you can do about it,
and the rest of us just have to accept it.

ZORBA

Ah Patsy, how does the above JIBBERISH answer the question?

The alley was closed off AFTER OC formed the IVB.

By YOUR people, who were in power then.

Including the owner of the BUILDING.

You DO know who that is, don't you?

And now you come on here complaining about it?

You expect OC to fix a problem YOUR people are SOLELY responsible for?

You hold OC accountable for what YOUR people are SOLELY responsible for?

And you pat Nona on the back for "adressing" the issue a few months before an election, YEARS after the fact?

Berwyn Patsy

Zorba you are a stitch!!   The old Zorba is back folks!! lol.
  Of course I know who owns that building as well as 100 other people in Berwyn.  I
don't think it ever was a secret, was it?
  So even though the problem occurred after OC formed the IVB, he wasn't about to upset the apple cart,
just as he won't now even though he is the liquor commissioner.
   Nona addressed some of the problems that I complained about from the start, that was right after the last election, before she switched parties.   She would go talk to Arnie, so would Jean Marie, things would be O.k. for awhile and
then they would go back to the old ways.
I could understand the reluctance some what on Nona's and OC's part.  Salerno's could have been a viable business for
Berwyn and the revenue would be great for the city.
Once things get out of hand, the fight gets bigger and harder, and I think that's where they stand now.
So again, yes I hold accountable the people in charge now to correct what's wrong and make things right. Wouldn't you?

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 21, 2009, 04:34:42 PM
I have written all there is to know about Salerno's , the alley, the blight, the homeless, the
safety issue, its all been said. You'll have to look back through this board since the beginning, I
can't.
Zorba likes to twist and turn and manipulate, but the truth of matters always seem to be hard for him.

You have also incorrectly accused Arnie of allowing 500+ people in there, TWICE.

It seems that YOU are the one twisting, turning, and manipulating.

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 21, 2009, 06:18:32 PM
   Nona addressed some of the problems that I complained about from the start, that was right after the last election, before she switched parties.   She would go talk to Arnie, so would Jean Marie, things would be O.k. for awhile and then they would go back to the old ways.

And she's picking it up again now.........because of the upcoming elections.  THAT'S IT.  The rest of the time Nona was basically telling the entire 1st Ward to fuck off.

"Ya know Politics??"

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 21, 2009, 06:18:32 PM
I could understand the reluctance some what on Nona's and OC's part. 

NO.  That's called "apathy," and you're supporting it.  You left, she stopped caring  (until there became political opportunity).  Sickening.

Bear

My oh my...The alley problem came up once again due to
logistical problems with the parking garage.

You would not "get" that would you andy?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

ZORBA

Yes, they've been having LOGISTICAL problems with the garage for the last XXX# of years.

LOL!!! :D ;D :D

Go back to sleep bear, or have another hamm's.