News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

1st Ward Meeting

Started by moxnix, February 17, 2010, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moxnix

The following email was received last night at 8:50 pm. 

QuotePlease forward to any 1st ward residents you know.

February 16, 2010

Re: First Ward Town Coffee

Dear Fellow Residents of the First Ward:

The First Ward Town Coffee scheduled for Wednesday, February 17, 2010, at Grounds for Appeal, has been canceled.

Should you have any additional specific items for discussion prior to the March 17th meeting, please leave a message for me at home: (708) 484-6662 or via the Internet at www.AldChapmanWard1@aol.com.

Once again, my apologies for this unexpected conflict and any inconvenience it may cause you. I thank you for your understanding.

Nona N. Chapman
First Ward Alderman

I thought about not posting, as I do not want to become known as the one to communicate on behalf of the 1st Ward Alderman.  However, seems that her campaign promises included holding these consistently (obviously not happening) and ensuring all residents had this information (which I don't believe they do). 

Thor

Well she ought to get alot of feedback using www.AldChapmanWard1@aol.com
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
At least she is trying to keep her promise to the condos on Grove. Any more businesses close up and it will be reallllly quiet around there.
BTW- I heard from a not too reliable source that Salernos is closing too, anyone??
Stop your whining and think the way I do

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Thor on February 17, 2010, 02:46:15 PM
Well she ought to get alot of feedback using www.AldChapmanWard1@aol.com
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
At least she is trying to keep her promise to the condos on Grove. Any more businesses close up and it will be reallllly quiet around there.
BTW- I heard from a not too reliable source that Salernos is closing too, anyone??

A patron of theirs said a similar thing...business hasn't been too good.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

I don't think Salerno's is closing so to speak.  Thought Arnie sold the place to
or maybe is leasing it to another, who will be keeping the name Salerno's, though.
Jackal, could probably give you the low down on this.

The Jackal

A friend of mine went in there last week and they were out of beer...and the owners were nowhere to be found.

Not a good sign.

JSlaught

I thought about not posting, as I do not want to become known as the one to communicate on behalf of the 1st Ward Alderman.  However, seems that her campaign promises included holding these consistently (obviously not happening) and ensuring all residents had this information (which I don't believe they do). 
[/quote]

The 3rd Wed of the month every month seems quite consistent to me...

If you can't figure that one out maybe its a good thing you weren't voted in.

Bonster

Quote from: moxnix on February 17, 2010, 12:32:49 PM
However, seems that her campaign promises included holding these consistently (obviously not happening) and ensuring all residents had this information (which I don't believe they do). 

I'd have to say that monthly meetings is rather, well... consistent.  No?  (In the 8th Nora's had three, not sure about other aldermen.)  

As to the information, is she not emailing her constituents?  I'm not sure mailing 3000 fliers every month would be very cost-worthy.  I would probably send them once, early in the year, stating we'll have monthly meetings, then distribute some in key areas of the ward (businesses, etc.) as reminders.  For the most recent meeting in the 8th an announcement was posted on the Prairie Oak sign at 15th/Oak Park.

Perhaps the 1st Ward meetings could be moved from Grounds For Appeal to Arnie Salerno's in an effort to help business.  ;D
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Hogzilla

I went to Salerno's once (3 years ago) and had linguini and clams. Canned clams don't get me excited. Didn't go back.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

Bonster

Quote from: JSlaught on February 17, 2010, 03:56:57 PM

I thought about not posting, as I do not want to become known as the one to communicate on behalf of the 1st Ward Alderman.  However, seems that her campaign promises included holding these consistently (obviously not happening) and ensuring all residents had this information (which I don't believe they do).  
[/quote ]

Right?  That's about as bad as your ability to quote. 

MRS. NORTHSIDER

She's having the next meeting on March 17th - does she realize that this is St. Patrick's Day?  How many people does she think will attend unless she happens to have it at James Joyce and throw in some free green beer?

buzz

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on February 17, 2010, 04:27:53 PM
She's having the next meeting on March 17th - does she realize that this is St. Patrick's Day?  How many people does she think will attend unless she happens to have it at James Joyce and throw in some free green beer?
That's funny.  Didn't catch it at first.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Thor

[/quote]
That's a real nice sentiment coming from a 1st ward mouth piece!!

Thor

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 17, 2010, 03:06:20 PM
I don't think Salerno's is closing so to speak.  Thought Arnie sold the place to
or maybe is leasing it to another, who will be keeping the name Salerno's, though.
Jackal, could probably give you the low down on this.
No Pats, its seems everyones whining and bitching about loud noises and rodents and the alley being blocked and condoms being strewn all over the place and whatever other vendetta you guys had against a guy trying to run his business succeeded in creating another empty store front. That meth clinic isn't looking so bad now!!

Berwyn Patsy

You are an odd one Thor, and that's putting it kindly!!!  Most "normal", folks
wouldn't call reporting (or as you say bitching and moaning) blight, extreme noise,
illegal cars parked and speeding in a blocked ally, used condoms strew on sidewalks
and an uncontrolled rodent problem a VENDETTA.
      I would rather think of the people who live or lived in that community, as ones
who cared about their neighborhood and property values.  I gather you seem
to be a person who does not care about your living conditions, your so sad Thor!
Do you own your home in Berwyn, or just run your business from Berwyn??

moxnix

I thought about not posting, as I do not want to become known as the one to communicate on behalf of the 1st Ward Alderman.  However, seems that her campaign promises included holding these consistently (obviously not happening) and ensuring all residents had this information (which I don't believe they do).  

[/quote]

My concern is not that she has them SCHEDULED regularly, but they seem to get cancelled every 2 - 3 months, with very little or no notice (her website indicates that the next meeting is to be held January 20).  Therefor the meeting is not held consistently.  

Or should we all stand up and applaud that meetings are scheduled, regardless of if they occur?

Thor

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 18, 2010, 05:30:55 AM
     You are an odd one Thor, and that's putting it kindly!!!  Most "normal", folks
wouldn't call reporting (or as you say bitching and moaning) blight, extreme noise,
illegal cars parked and speeding in a blocked ally, used condoms strew on sidewalks
and an uncontrolled rodent problem a VENDETTA.
      I would rather think of the people who live or lived in that community, as ones
who cared about their neighborhood and property values.  I gather you seem
to be a person who does not care about your living conditions, your so sad Thor!
Do you own your home in Berwyn, or just run your business from Berwyn??
Yeah Pats and I like clubbing baby seals too. You're missing my point which I have brought up before.
1) blight- What blight?? Having plastic tables and seats in front? Having a few too many cars parked in back for deliveries? Maybe you don't recognize it but this is what happens when a business is successful. And our city officials should try to encourage and work with these types of businesses. Not run them out like secret squirrel is doing. So where exactly is the blight?
2) extreme noise- maybe at first but he worked towards remedying this and it never was that bad plus it was only 2 days a week after hours. Honestly I live near by and it never ever bothered me so I have no idea how it bothered you in Orland Park!!
3) illegal cars parked and speeding in a blocked ally-Usually the cars are parked within their space and once in a while they are parked illegally but that's what tickets are for. Not once did I see a police officer write up tickets. And as for speeding,,,,never saw that happen.
4) used condoms strew on sidewalks- Again I never ever ever saw used condoms strewn on the sidewalks. This is a myth created by one person to make gay people look like undesirables.
5) The whole area has an uncontrolled rodent problem, can you prove this problem is solely caused by Salernos?
So I guess you all get what you wanted another empty store front.
And yes I own my home

The Jackal

From what I hear, Salerno's problems have nothing to do with rodents or used condoms, but rather with the new ownership/management.

Of course this is all hearsay, so take it for what it's worth.

OakParkSpartan

Patsy, didn't you step on a rat while walking outside of the now shuttered grocery store on OP Ave? 
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Quote from: moxnix on February 18, 2010, 08:20:20 AM
My concern is not that she has them SCHEDULED regularly, but they seem to get canceled every 2 - 3 months, with very little or no notice (her website indicates that the next meeting is to be held January 20).  Therefor the meeting is not held consistently. 

Or should we all stand up and applaud that meetings are scheduled, regardless of if they occur?

How many have been canceled since she was sworn in as a Dummycrat?  I'm one of the last to defend her actions, but considering the number of meetings I've grown accustomed to since moving here she by far seems to outpace the rest, like her or not. (hey, you can always go to the bar after city council meetings, lol)

Who else has regularly scheduled ward meetings?  Does Avila?  Skryd?  The two-faced guy from the 5th?  The new #2?  Number 6?  Who is #1?

OakParkSpartan