News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Township Assessor

Started by Ted, August 07, 2013, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

At National Night Out last night, when the politicians were introduced, Al Kveton was introduced as the Township Assessor and David Avila was announced as the Township Assessor Elect.

That surprised me.  I would have thought Avila would have been sworn into office last May with the other township officials.

The question that popped into my head was this - Who gets paid the Township Assessor salary?  Al Kveton or David Avila?

And, is there some time period under state law after which David Avila cannot become Township Assessor because he does not have the credentials?  Or can he be the Township Assessor Elect for the next 4 years?

SimplyBerwyn

According to the Illinois State Board of Elections, the Township Assessor's term starts on January 1st following their election.
Hope will never be silent. --Harvey Milk

Ted

Quote from: SimplyBerwyn on August 09, 2013, 09:35:14 AM
According to the Illinois State Board of Elections, the Township Assessor's term starts on January 1st following their election.

Thanks for the clarification.  That seems rather silly - all other township officials start their term in May, right after the election. Why should the assessor not take office until 9 months later?

Does that mean that David has fulfilled the credentials needed to take office?