News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

D100 gives it to Paisans

Started by Ted, August 30, 2013, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Everyone should spend more time scrutinizing D100 and less time criticizing Ted.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Ted

Quote from: B o n s t e r on October 05, 2013, 12:41:38 PM
Nope.  You are wrong.

Yup, I agree. You're right.  I am wrong.  The board cannot control what the Foundation does.

markberwyn

Quote from: buzz on October 06, 2013, 05:00:53 PM
Everyone should spend more time scrutinizing D100 and less time criticizing Ted.

+1

Again, what should the superintendent say to the Muslim, or Jewish, or atheist parent of a D100 child who now has every reason to feel alienated by the administration?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Maybe he'd say, "I don't care about your feelings or your religion. I do what I want, and if I want to spent state funds to support my faith, that's more important than your faith. I'm above the law." Does that sound about right?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

buzz

I don't want anyone funneling my local tax dollars to any religion.

It's bad enough the Feds are sending dollars to these unaccountable so called "Faith Based Initiatives".

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: buzz on October 07, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
I don't want anyone funneling my local tax dollars to any religion.

It's bad enough the Feds are sending dollars to these unaccountable so called "Faith Based Initiatives".
+1.  I consider myself to be of the Christian faith but also consider myself to be an American citizen.  Which should come first in these uncertain times - God or country?

Bonster

Quote from: markberwyn on October 07, 2013, 01:56:56 PM

+1

+/- 1

Depends on the issue, buzz. 

With regard to the whack job church, I'm in full agreement with him. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

markberwyn

Quote from: B o n s t e r on October 08, 2013, 09:00:48 PM
Quote from: markberwyn on October 07, 2013, 01:56:56 PM

+1

+/- 1

Depends on the issue, buzz. 

With regard to the whack job church, I'm in full agreement with him.

Has the superintendent explained his actions regarding the church? Besides the "standing in a garage doesn't make me a car" eyewash, which is disingenuous and insulting. Or are people just pretty much OK with him taking public funds and spending it on Christian training sessions for him and his staff?

buzz

Quote from: markberwyn on October 08, 2013, 10:51:08 PM
.... are people just pretty much OK with him taking public funds and spending it on Christian training sessions for him and his staff?
Berwyn is a hotbed of apathy.  I don't think a big percentage of folks even have a clue about most issues; city government, bond issues, schools, etc.

One of my gal pals repeated the exaggerated rumors she'd heard while getting her hair cut.  If that gossip is any barometer of public opinion.....  Stanley would be well advised to have another press conference with that Life reporter to answer all the un-answered questions.  After all, he is without blame, right ?     

DonWadell

After reading this thread, it appears that questioning each other about happenings going on in d100 is not the route to go. I was in the audience when Dr. Fields responded to Ted's accusations and provided his phone number for anyone with questions. Ted was not present during this portion of the meeting as he exited the meeting as soon as he finished reading his prepared accusations, which turned out to be false according to his public apology. There are wonderful things going on in the schools, we need to celebrate the accomplishments, they are increasing your property values folks. Instead of printing lies and innuendos on this blog, why not get the facts from those who know best, not BTF members, not parents who have a little information, not former board members and certainly not people who attend the board meetings and report to Ted. 

markberwyn

Quote from: DonWadell on October 10, 2013, 09:32:38 AM
Ted was not present during this portion of the meeting as he exited the meeting as soon as he finished reading his prepared accusations, which turned out to be false according to his public apology.

But the superintendent taking public funds and using it for Christian training seminars---that's not false, right? If it's false, nobody has said so. The superintendent himself said that he did it.

why not get the facts from those who know best

I think this is a spectacular idea, and one worth following through on. What was the number the superintendent gave at the meeting? You were there---did you write it down when he gave it out? Is it in the minutes for the meeting?

markberwyn

FWIW, here are the minutes for the meeting where the superintendent bravely gave his cell phone number to those who might wish to reach him to ask him why he's spending state funds on Christian education for himself and his staff:

https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?mk=50090571&fn=minutes.pdf

Alas, the minutes only state that he gave the number out, but do not include the number itself.

Ted

After reading this thread, it appears that questioning each other about happenings going on in d100 is not the route to go. I was in the audience when Dr. Fields responded to Ted's accusations and provided his phone number for anyone with questions. Ted was not present during this portion of the meeting as he exited the meeting as soon as he finished reading his prepared accusations, which turned out to be false according to his public apology. There are wonderful things going on in the schools, we need to celebrate the accomplishments, they are increasing your property values folks. Instead of printing lies and innuendos on this blog, why not get the facts from those who know best, not BTF members, not parents who have a little information, not former board members and certainly not people who attend the board meetings and report to Ted.

What part of my public statement do you believe to be lies?

I admit I got the $20 cleaning fee wrong. I was wrong about the purpose of the cleaning fee and I apologized for being wrong.

But, what part of my statement do you believe are lies? Are you saying the entire statement is a lie?

Bonster

After reading this thread, it appears that questioning each other about happenings going on in d100 is not the route to go. I was in the audience when Dr. Fields responded to Ted's accusations...There are wonderful things going on in the schools...increasing your property values folks

You just said we should not believe people who attend board meetings or BTF members, therefore I do not believe you.  You are printing lies and innuendos. 

Our property values are increasing because of the market.   We'll see what this year's test scores bring now that they're changing format; you may be eating those words.

BTW, this is not a "blog"; it's a forum.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"