News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Guess what number scares me?

Started by OakParkSpartan, October 28, 2013, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

The figure for the population 56,657 isn't that low? Berwynbev1 your right on the money Cermak Rd. is the pits when ever my wife and I went out we went to La Grange,Why? the side walks were cleaned to the curb no worry about falling.The business owners in Berwyn have no clue how much business they lost during the winter or didn't care.Many times I tried to take my mother to Czech Plaza,the snow was to dangerous for her to walk over.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 14, 2014, 02:42:40 PM
The total debt.

Bankruptcy may be an option down the road.
I knew we were in deep doo doo but this is really scary.  As a long term resident I am thinking about baling along with I'm not sure how many other people.  But, hey, let's just vote for the school increases along with the city tax increase that just got shoved down our throat because we can't vote on that one can we?  I AM the taxpayer who has supported this city and the schools for the last 25 years but cannot keep up with the current rate of consumption by the taxman. 

mustang54

The referendum here in Cicero Mrs. N is quite different. They are asking voters if we think they should spend 100 million to tear down a building to build a new school for pre k through third grade. Our taxes aren't going to increase they are asking if the school board should spend the money from THEIR RESERVE FUND. 201 is balanced,99 can spend 100 million of a surplus, hmmm I guess these Cicero folk ain't so bad after all.

berwyn senator

Who is teaching who the town or the school districts?

buzz

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on October 30, 2013, 08:29:46 AM
Any reason we have 102 more employees than Oak Park, which is the same size? That's probably a lot of the reason why!
Charlie nailed it months ago.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Bonster

Quote from: berwynbev1 on February 09, 2014, 06:02:30 PM
Berwyn has money to put planters,new signs and streetlights up and down cermak road...looks nice,broadcasting the waste of taxpayers money when the citizens are forced to walk in the streets....where is the common sense?

I don't believe we pay for the signs and streetlights.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

berwyn senator

fatladysings

Can somebody tell me what this means?  It is on the AGENDA for tonites board meeting?????

Adopt resolution to waive the limitation on administrative costs for the school year
2013-2014. This is an annual requirement by ISBE for school districts who rank
in the lowest 25% of per pupil administrative expenditures.

watcher

Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 17, 2014, 10:31:10 AM
Berwyn has money to put planters,new signs and streetlights up and down cermak road...looks nice,broadcasting the waste of taxpayers money when the citizens are forced to walk in the streets....where is the common sense?

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 17, 2014, 01:50:58 PM
Who does?

The planter, sign and lighting fairy?

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

markberwyn

Quote from: watcher on March 19, 2014, 01:54:33 PM

Who does?

The planter, sign and lighting fairy?

I asked my life experience and it said Jesus pays for them.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bonster

Who does?

On Cermak - the state. 

(OK, so we do, but... indirectly)
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

watcher

Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 19, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
(OK, so we do, but... indirectly)[/font]

AKA: The Tax Fairy

Goes by many names. Works for the umbrella group, Shift, Switch and Shaft to stymie any and all attempts to connect the dots. Sewn into the fabric of our society.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

MC

That's a great link OakParkSpartan.  Thanks for sharing.  These numbers discussed does bring some concern. 

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 14, 2014, 06:07:56 PM
The figure for the population 56,657 isn't that low? Berwynbev1 your right on the money Cermak Rd. is the pits when ever my wife and I went out we went to La Grange,Why? the side walks were cleaned to the curb no worry about falling.The business owners in Berwyn have no clue how much business they lost during the winter or didn't care.Many times I tried to take my mother to Czech Plaza,the snow was to dangerous for her to walk over.

Well that is probably 56,657 according to the census -people who actually answered it because not everyone did. A lot were scared because they had multiple families living in the houses,etc. And you know that number doesn't count the probably at least 1000 illegals living here lol

I agree with the business owners not caring for the property but then again, the city doesn't do anything to them when they don't. It's no longer a matter of having pride in your business, it's how much you can get away with. Heck even in the warmer weather you will see the businesses in LaGrange, Oak Park, etc hosing down the sidewalks, cleaning the exterior windows and  power washing the buildings. But those cities have a firm grip on the businesses because they want to maintain their image. Berwyn doesn't care. They figure they can bring all of these businesses here and people will flock to Berwyn. But it doesn't work that way. Our city is dirty year around and that isn't appealing to anyone. When Big Hurt opens, will they bother to clean up the other 3 corners? Probably not.

Good Time Charlie

illegals, bad business, and dirt oh my!