News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Tony Castrogiovanni?

Started by Ted, January 13, 2014, 02:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I was looking at the candidates who have filed in the Township Committeemen races.

Robert Lovero is running for re-election as Democratic Township Committeeman.

Rita Maniotis is running for Green Party Township Committeeman.

But, Tony Castrogiovanni is NOT running for re-election as Republican Township Committeeman. Instead, someone named Joe Woodward is running for Republican Township Committeeman.

Is Joe Woodward related to Michael Woodward (former Berwyn City Clerk from 2001 to 2005 and Mayoral candidate in 2005)?

I find it interesting that Tony Castrogiovanni is not running for re-election.

Berwyn GOP

Hello, Ted:

After 12 years of chasing my tail I've decided to call it quits. After I had announced, within Republican circles, that I would not be seeking a fourth term, Joe Woodward approached me and asked if I would support him for committeeman. Yes, Joe is Mike Woodward's son. I've know Joe about 10-11 years. He's worked for Republican candidates across the country going back about 10 years. He's been on staff for the House Republican Organization for 8 years and worked under Tom Cross and, currently, Jim Durkin.
Joe's credentials are solid. He's 21 years my junior and is the right age to appeal to this generation of Republican voters.
Everything about his candidacy is above board.
Several Republican Committemen in my age range have either resigned in the last two years or have opted not to seek re-election. The caucus of us "old-timers" see the direction, or lack thereof, the Party is headed and us tail-end Baby Boomers are obsolete. So, I'm not the only committeeman to retire after 10 years plus.

Tony C.

Ted

Quote from: Berwyn GOP on March 08, 2014, 01:51:26 PM
Hello, Ted:

After 12 years of chasing my tail I've decided to call it quits. After I had announced, within Republican circles, that I would not be seeking a fourth term, Joe Woodward approached me and asked if I would support him for committeeman. Yes, Joe is Mike Woodward's son. I've know Joe about 10-11 years. He's worked for Republican candidates across the country going back about 10 years. He's been on staff for the House Republican Organization for 8 years and worked under Tom Cross and, currently, Jim Durkin.
Joe's credentials are solid. He's 21 years my junior and is the right age to appeal to this generation of Republican voters.
Everything about his candidacy is above board.
Several Republican Committemen in my age range have either resigned in the last two years or have opted not to seek re-election. The caucus of us "old-timers" see the direction, or lack thereof, the Party is headed and us tail-end Baby Boomers are obsolete. So, I'm not the only committeeman to retire after 10 years plus.

Tony C.

Good luck, Tony.  I wish you well.

Berwyn GOP

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn GOP on March 08, 2014, 01:51:26 PM
Hello, Ted:

After 12 years of chasing my tail I've decided to call it quits.
Tony C.

What the fuck!?!  I've been here ~10 years, but I've always only known the Republican party as led by none other.  This sucks.

I'm sorry, but Joe will never touch your level of creativity.   
The signs... YNOT TONY?    The videos... (still pissed you took them down... c'mon; at least leave the intros up - those were CLASSIC).    The prose.  And while Woodward is a cool name (hehehe...hehehe... Beavis), it doesn't compare to CASTROGIOVANNI.

<sigh>
Take care.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Berwyn GOP

Well, Bonster...I think that I have those YouTube intros on a thumb drive. I'll see what I can do about getting them online again. I appreciate the compliments. I was fodder for many on this forum. Joe asked me to stay on as his Deputy. I promised I would for one year. He's a smart guy and I have confidence that he will create a Republican presence that resonates with a younger, less conservative and larger group of people.

Thanks, again.
Tony C.