News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

D100 Tax referenda poll

Started by Ted, January 25, 2014, 07:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I am interested in seeing what people think now that we know the cost of the two D100 referenda.

The amount of money being asked for is much much higher than had previously been discussed.

Ted

Well, it looks like we got our first vote for the education initiative only proposal.

I think most people are leaning toward either NO on both referenda; NO on the tax rate and YES on the building bond or YES on both.

This is the first vote that is YES on the tax rate but NO on the building bond.

I guess someone wants public schooling for 3/4 year olds and 2 teachers in the classroom without fixing the buildings or adding on extensions

Ted

Well, after 1 week, we have 42% voting against any tax increase; 21% voting for only the building bond and 32% voting for both the building bond and the tax rate increase;

Does anyone think that's what'll happen on March 18? 

berwyn senator

I would think the vote will go against all by a larger margin,many seniors do not have computers.

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 01, 2014, 11:45:00 AM
I would think the vote will go against all by a larger margin,many seniors do not have computers.
Yeah, but do seniors even know this is on the ballot?

buzz

I've spoken to some of my voting neighbors, about 7.  They were unaware of the city bond issue that was passed; wanted to know the price.  I couldn't tell them.
They were upset by the proposed school referenda following so closely.  No one I spoke to is in favor of any tax increase and I'm the only one over 65 in that group.
If they walk in cold, not knowing in advance, I think most people will balk.  Remember it's been a very angry winter and most people aren't out, aren't going to meetings.  That may be what D100 is hoping for.  Mobilize a small group hoping for a low turnout.

BTW ...  How much will the city's bond issue increase taxes ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?