News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

D100 referenda summary

Started by Ted, March 02, 2014, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I understand every time there is a referendum for RB the voters turn it down? Am I correct jaw bone?

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 06, 2014, 10:27:25 PM
I understand every time there is a referendum for RB the voters turn it down? Am I correct jaw bone?

Beats me. What of it?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 06, 2014, 10:20:24 PM
Replace them with a few good women who have ran a household,are raising children,and maybe even held a job out side the home.The budget will be balanced!!!!

Sexist.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

The credit for Jaw Bone of an Ass goes to Berwynson,I just used it to nick name a dummy.  ;D   See how nice he responds to jaw bone. :D

George Lambesis

You guys take the flier, put out by Tobin, which is saturated with lies and misinformation, as gospel.  For example, Martirano worked for the city, not the school district.  There are names on that flier, listed as employees, who have been retired for several years.  Yet, you question FACTS put out by stand-up community leaders, who recognize the correlation between great schools and property values.  Tribune could not have picked a worse person to interview, than Tony Harris.  He didn't know the magnitude of the infrastructure needs?  Either he's lying or he was derelict in his job as a BOE member.  In April of 2008, he voted to approve the 10 year Life Safety Survey, which identifies EVERY item that needs attention. 

What a bunch of tools!

P.S.  Before you question my residency or union status, be very sure to check your facts.

Ted

I found it interesting that the Trib article referred to District 100 as a "high poverty" district. 

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 06, 2014, 09:24:58 PM
www.TaxpayersUnited.org   312-427-5128

One point about Tobin's article.  I don't know where he is getting his figure that the average house in Berwyn has a value of $216,000.

The Cook County Assessor's office has the median assessed value of property in Berwyn Township after the last assessment to be $165,000, not $216,000.

And, remember, that is based on the Bizarro World of the way Cook County does assessments.  I think the assessor's office assessments are about $20,000 to $30,000 above actual market value.

markberwyn

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 06, 2014, 10:32:49 PM
The credit for Jaw Bone of an Ass goes to Berwynson,I just used it to nick name a dummy.  ;D   See how nice he responds to jaw bone. :D

Does berwynson live in Berwyn?

Good Time Charlie

Replace them with a few good women who have ran a household,are raising children,and maybe even held a job out side the home.The budget will be balanced!!!!

Replace them with unpaid volunteers then. The budget would indeed be balanced. Markberwyn I believe you have your answer!

markberwyn

Quote from: Good Time Charlie on March 07, 2014, 08:20:18 AM

Replace them with unpaid volunteers then. The budget would indeed be balanced. Markberwyn I believe you have your answer!

Makes sense to me. By making these positions unpaid, you'll attract legislators who are independently wealthy and thus in touch with the needs of the common people.

Bonster

Quote from: Ted on March 07, 2014, 06:15:05 AM
Quote from: berwyn senator on March 06, 2014, 09:24:58 PM
www.TaxpayersUnited.org   312-427-5128

One point about Tobin's article.  I don't know where he is getting his figure that the average house in Berwyn has a value of $216,000.

The Cook County Assessor's office has the median assessed value of property in Berwyn Township after the last assessment to be $165,000, not $216,000.

And, remember, that is based on the Bizarro World of the way Cook County does assessments.  I think the assessor's office assessments are about $20,000 to $30,000 above actual market value.

Average can be higher than median.   My guess, though, is that he's generalizing.  "Average house" being an "average" brick bungalow.  How much are they going for these days?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: George Lambesis on March 07, 2014, 04:41:07 AM

P.S.  Before you question my residency or union status, be very sure to check your facts.
Fact checking:

Did you move back to Berwyn? 

And while we're at it - whose job is it to report the poor conditions of the schools?  Is it the custodial staff?

Do you know if previous BoE's rejected requests to improve the infrastructure over the years?

Bonster

Did anyone notice the Trib article changed after they were made aware of some inaccurate numbers?

fatladysings

Well as I see it...... This referendum won't pass "Legally"  people can't afford this.  The economy isn't getting any better anywhere in Illinois. :-\

Bonster

I get the correlation between great schools and property values, and if I were in that district I'd likely vote for the referenda (at least the infrastructure), but I would have no delusions that this alone would make our high school great.

It's the chicken/egg dilemma.  Do great schools make great commmunities, or do affluent communities beget quality school systems?  I don't think the schools made Riverside nice; the demographics contributed to great schools.

Either way, we need to - at the very least - keep the elementary schools up to keep the families here till HS. 

mustang54

Lets be real here for once. I'm tired of hearing great schools bring great property values. That is TOTAL BULLSHIT by educators wanting more fucking money. The truth is high property value areas with expensive homes,and high property taxes make for better schools. Why, because the people who live their have higher paying jobs because they had a higher education and their apples don't fall far from the trees. I have NEVER seen an area with our demograhics turn into an educational mecca because they gave the schools more money. So lets quit telling this lie over and over how the schools are going to improve property value. Especially when you raise taxes in an area where the homes are grossly over taxed already for their real market value!

Ted

Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 07, 2014, 08:53:15 AM
Did anyone notice the Trib article changed after they were made aware of some inaccurate numbers?

The online version of the article that I posted is different than the paper version that was printed in yesterday's Tribune.  I have the paper version and it has some additional stuff in it and different wording on some other stuff than the online version.

berwyn senator

Musang54 you have hit the nail right on the head! Keep telling it like it is!!!!

markberwyn

What do poor schools do to property values?

berwyn senator

The bottom line is the politician lies,is a greedy S.O.B. and wants as much as he/she can get.If you think everything they do is for your benefit then we can believe elephants fly.The Adm. jobs are all political chosen,your never going to hear the truth from any of them. They are the puppets of the powers that be,they don't want to loose their high paying jobs,they spent too much time ass kissing and god knows what,to get them.VOTE NO!!!! back them in a corner where do you think they are going to go,and get what they are paid here in Berwyn. VOTE NO!!!!!!  Got to remember outside of a job and pension,they could give two shits about our housing valves,Berwyn as a community, because the majority of them do not LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!! They are paying taxes somewhere else.