News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Election day

Started by Ted, March 18, 2014, 08:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukesdad

Very classy response FatLady. They worked their asses off for something they believe strongly in, they should be commended rather than derided.

buzz

Quote from: Ted on March 19, 2014, 06:19:13 AM
Quote from: Fer on March 18, 2014, 09:56:00 PM
I also vote at the church at 34th & Gunderson.  When I was there tonight around 6 p.m., there were about 3 people ahead of me, and about the same behind me. 
And, I was not asked for any ID.
That's interesting. I also vote at 34th & Gunderson and I was asked for an ID.
Just so we're all on the same page, do you guys mean something other than the voter's registration card ?  I did give them my voter's id.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

buzz

Quote from: Ted on March 19, 2014, 06:23:42 AM
Here are the final results with all precincts reporting:
Registered Voters: 17,021
Ballots Cast: 3,685
I know it's a primary but the turnout in this town stinks.
Turnout: 21.65%

fatladysings

dukesdad,

too bad that they were only thinking about themselves then and their raises they wont get without the referendum.  Wow that's showing they work their assess off for themselves.   The people in Berwyn can't afford it Glad it didn't go through.  They work their assess off too.

dukesdad

Most of the folks I saw out walking were parents with kids in school.

Ted

Quote from: buzz on March 19, 2014, 09:35:20 AM
I also vote at the church at 34th & Gunderson.  When I was there tonight around 6 p.m., there were about 3 people ahead of me, and about the same behind me. 
Just so we're all on the same page, do you guys mean something other than the voter's registration card ?  I did give them my voter's id.

No, they asked to see an ID and I gave them my driver's license, not my voter registration card.  They actually checked the address on my license against the address in their book.

mustang54

Quote from: Ted on March 19, 2014, 10:04:50 AM

No, they asked to see an ID and I gave them my driver's license, not my voter registration card.  They actually checked the address on my license against the address in their book.
Ted they might have thought you were a suspicious looking character!! LOL!!!!

Ted

Quote from: mustang54 on March 19, 2014, 10:07:12 AM
Quote from: Ted on March 19, 2014, 10:04:50 AM

Ted they might have thought you were a suspicious looking character!! LOL!!!!

It might have been because I was one of the first one to vote that day and maybe they got tired of asking later on.  They looked like very new election judges (and very young - in their early to mid 20s).

Moose, you voted at 34th & Gunderson almost at the same time I did - did they ask you for your ID?

moose

I handed them my Drivers License without being asked, I figured it was easier than having them guess my name.
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

pkd50

I did early voting downtown.  I was asked for an ID.  I asked if they wanted my voters card and was told they wanted a picture ID.  Why are people so upset about showing an ID?

Ted

Quote from: pkd50 on March 19, 2014, 11:15:58 AM
I did early voting downtown.  I was asked for an ID.  I asked if they wanted my voters card and was told they wanted a picture ID.  Why are people so upset about showing an ID?

Pat, I was not upset.  In fact, I was sort of glad they asked for an ID.

I was just surprised, that's all.  That is the first time in 40 years I was ever asked for an ID so it sort of surprised me.

buzz

I got a call at 8am. from a friend who isn't computer savvy.  She wanted to know the election/referenda outcome.  I was surprised by the sound of relief in her voice when I told her.  Previously, she hadn't hinted how much of a burden the higher taxes would be for her, but this morning she let it all out.  In this case, she's helping her children get through some tough times.  I'm sure there's many similar stories out there.  Folks are proud.

Evil T., you thank your friends, okay.