News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Cicero President Accused In Sex Harassment Suit

Started by Robert Pauly, June 08, 2009, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Pauly

Cicero President Accused In Sex Harassment Suit
June 8, 2009 8:01 PM, Chicago Tribune Online

A Cicero municipal employee filed a lawsuit in federal court against Town President Larry Dominick today alleging he sexually harassed and assaulted her during several occasions since 2005.

According to the suit, Sharon Starzyk, 48, who was hired in 2000 to work in the town's Animal Welfare Department, alleges that Dominick embarked on "an increasingly offensive course" of sexual harassment and sexual assault, which included explicit comments, groping and inappropriate touching.

The suit accuses Dominick of sending Starzyk lewd and sexually explicit text messages. The suit said Dominick "grabbed and squeezed her breasts" and in one case "picked her up by her crotch."

Cicero officials would not comment on the lawsuit.

Terence Moran, an attorney for Starzyk, said there is a pattern of sexual harassment at town hall.

"We have witnesses," said Moran. "We are trying to retrieve text messages [Dominick] sent to her. This case won't be her word against Dominick's word. We have evidence."

Since 2007, three other town employees have sued town leaders, claiming frequent sexual harassment that has allegedly included inappropriate touching. Dominick is named as a defendant in all three suits but accused of harassment in only one.

The suits are still pending.

According to a lawsuit filed against Dominick in 2007, Janidet Lujano, a former auxiliary police sergeant, accused Dominick of harassment and inappropriate touching. The suit said Dominick repeatedly commented about her breasts. She also said Dominick touched her inappropriately and made sexual comments about her mother.

According to Moran, Starzyk first revealed that she was sexually harassed and assaulted during a recent deposition hearing for the Lujano trial. Moran said Starzyk didn't want to tell anyone about the incidents in fear of losing her job.

--Joseph Ruzich

OakParkSpartan

Yep,  I can see the Oak Parker's beating down the doors to live in Cicero.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Larry Dominick and Charlie Hernandez made a grand entrance into the city council chambers and sat in the front of the city council chamber next to Tom Pavlik and next to Bob Lovero's family.  During his inaugural speech, Lovero said he hoped he would "have the humility of Larry Dominick".
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tony la

Is it not kind of strange that a few have a relationship with El Dia.  Would this be the first time that someone tried to slam someone for political gain, and possibly monetary gain.  If it is in fact true,  then he will have to pay for what he did, and we all will suffer for it.  If it is not true and is politically motivated by El Dia and their cohorts then apologies should have to be made.

Brian, I really would love to have you meet Larry.  If you could look past prejudged opinions I think you would be surprised what you would see.

We have recently seen how dirty politics can be.     
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

mustang54

Quote from: tony la on June 09, 2009, 09:16:31 AM
Is it not kind of strange that a few have a relationship with El Dia.  Would this be the first time that someone tried to slam someone for political gain, and possibly monetary gain.  If it is in fact true,  then he will have to pay for what he did, and we all will suffer for it.  If it is not true and is politically motivated by El Dia and their cohorts then apologies should have to be made.

Brian, I really would love to have you meet Larry.  If you could look past prejudged opinions I think you would be surprised what you would see.

A homerun for Tony La, you hit that one out of the park. Yes former employees and current ones who lost their gravy train when Larry won four years ago. For years people in this town filed law suits expecting a big settlement. They think its easier than winning the lotto.
Well this administration doesn't settle frivolous law suits they fight them. One of the four on the news last night has a huge track record of filing lawsuits. I know someone she filed a bullshit suit against a few years ago and it almost cost the poor young man his job.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: mustang54 on June 09, 2009, 09:32:51 AM

A homerun for Tony La, you hit that one out of the park. Yes former employees and current ones who lost their gravy train when Larry won four years ago. For years people in this town filed law suits expecting a big settlement. They think its easier than winning the lotto.
Well this administration doesn't settle frivolous law suits they fight them. One of the four on the news last night has a huge track record of filing lawsuits. I know someone she filed a bullshit suit against a few years ago and it almost cost the poor young man his job.

So what about the other 3?

How do you guys know about their alleged relationship with El Dia?

I didn't realize Dominick's kid was the HR director over there. Betcha their complaints were taken seriously.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

tony la

Brian,  I don't know about the other three.  But what I do know is that they are all ruthless. And they make bedfellows to fight their a common greed.  I know that the Vrdoliak vine is and has been trying to get back in any way shape or form. And it keeps coming back in a different look.  It is always planned and thought out.  It's an ugly game,  and I hate it. Whoever is doing it on either side.

Because I know how ruthless they are I hold back judgement until I know exactly who the players are and how they got there.  It will come out.

Like I said Brian, if it is true he will have to pay.  But knowing of past schemes that not only involve El Dia, but the car dealership on Cermak  and they are all intertwined. If you hear something about me in El Dia in the next few days you will see what I mean. I have to hold back on prejudging.  That is all I am saying.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

MRS. NORTHSIDER

"FOR YEARS PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN FILED LAWSUITS EXPECTING A BIG SETTLEMENT"

Yes, and sometimes they win.  Take the case of former Town Collector Alison Resnick and her husband, former town spokesman, Ray Hanania.  They were fired for trying to blow the whistle on Betty and the town of Cicero settled the suit before it went to trial for $250,000 four years ago.  At the time, Cicero officials refused to comment on the settlement.

Bonster

Would this be the first time that someone tried to slam someone for political gain, and possibly monetary gain.  If it is in fact true,  then he will have to pay for what he did, and we all will suffer for it.  If it is not true and is politically motivated by El Dia and their cohorts then apologies should have to be made.

Brian, I really would love to have you meet Larry.  If you could look past prejudged opinions I think you would be surprised what you would see.

You've Got Mail

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3732.0

Ana

I thought Larry Dominick was part of the Vrdolyak vine.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

tony la

Bon,  are you comparing my post to kissing ass or some other act?  
WWW.TONYLA.NET

tony la

Quote from: Ana on June 09, 2009, 10:38:23 AM
I thought Larry Dominick was part of the Vrdolyak vine.

I don't think so.  I believe that would be Ramiro.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

tony la

WWW.TONYLA.NET

mustang54

Bon you know me well and believe me Tony is right. I don't know two of the woman but one is from the family from that newspaper. And Bri is right Larry got rid of the fast Eddie firm. Tony is also right when he says these people will stop at nothing. The money they made under the previous regime was astounding.

Roger

OPS:  Dominick is a defendant in all 4 cases because the president of a town, and the town itself are always included as named defendants when someone sues a town employee.  He is only charged with harrasment in 2 of the cases.   

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Roger on June 09, 2009, 11:24:37 AM
OPS:  Dominick is a defendant in all 4 cases because the president of a town, and the town itself are always included as named defendants when someone sues a town employee.  He is only charged with harrasment in 2 of the cases.   

Wow, that is a relief.  Only two, rather than four.

Two more than is acceptable in most communities.

Bonster

mustang, I'm not talking about Larry.  He's fine with me, but no one should be surprised.  In that previous thread, even you didn't really defend the guy other than saying something to the effect that others have done worse.

But Tony is the LAST one that should be stepping up.  He's got a history here.

Quote from: tony la on April 01, 2009, 01:39:58 PM
It really bothers me that our present administration is not on good terms with some of the other representatives in the area.

Like it or not, Cicero ...

but, he said that was BADDD...
Quote from: tony la on January 16, 2009, 11:24:50 AM
The last administration was definitely not in it for the money they made as officials.  It was for all the money and power they could get outside the city that was pertaining to the city.  Let's not be shortsighted here.  

Yeah, let's not be shortsighted here.

Quote from: tony la on May 13, 2009, 11:23:49 AM
I will tell you exactly where I stand.  I am not a politician.  I absolutely hate politics.  ...
And I hate the thieves that were here.  If I thought for one minute that they were still here, I would say something.  

I have had many conversations with our new mayor.  Way before he was elected.  I have known him for 15 years.  

Well, gee...you throw fact in his face, he doesn't respond.  
So much for loving Berwyn and hating politics.  

Roger

OPS:  The implication was not that being guilty of only 2 rather than 4 should be a relief.  You asked what about the other cases, and what I posted is fact.  As we speak, Larry Dominick has not been found guilty of anything.  He is a named defendant in 4 cases, and in 2 of those 4, he is ACCUSSED of sexual harrassment.