Cicero President Accused In Sex Harassment Suit

Started by Robert Pauly, June 08, 2009, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: Classof67 on June 09, 2009, 06:33:06 PM

Elio Montenegro defending Mayor Dominick with Anne Kavanagh from Fox

"Mayor"  Dominick?  I thought he was Town President?  There is no mayor in Cicero.

btw, if this was a "setup", then why do it now?  Why not do it in December or January, just before the election?

Mr. Daniel Lumis

That was without a doubt one of the funniest press releases I've ever read. I kept expecting to see something along the lines of: "and then? In eighth grade? She pushed me into a locker? And it hurt my head? And Charlene saw the whole thing? And she knows a guy who once saw her kick a dog? And I think I heard that it died..."

Priceless comedy. So much for not commenting on pending litigation...

java

Quote from: Mr. Daniel Lumis on June 10, 2009, 07:38:03 AM
That was without a doubt one of the funniest press releases I've ever read. I kept expecting to see something along the lines of: "and then? In eighth grade? She pushed me into a locker? And it hurt my head? And Charlene saw the whole thing? And she knows a guy who once saw her kick a dog? And I think I heard that it died..."

Priceless comedy. So much for not commenting on pending litigation...

My favorite bits of the press release:

Quote from: Snoopy on June 09, 2009, 04:29:15 PM
Cicero, Illinois... In response to the Fox News Chicago "story" on the Town of Cicero, Cicero Town Spokesman Elio Montenegro released this statement today,
In hysterical hit piece on Larry Dominick and the Town of Cicero, replete with exaggerations, inaccuracies and downright falsehoods, Fox News Chicago and Anne Kavanagh slung a myriad of salacious allegations at Cicero President Larry Dominick.

Just as with the infamous Duke Lacrosse case, Ms. Kavanagh and Fox News Chicago assumed the role of judge, jury and executioner, moving to ruin a man's reputation solely on the basis of sensationalized allegations without ever stopping to critically examine the veracity of the allegations or the credibility of the accusers. As long as the allegations are juicy enough, the motivations of the accusers or the lack of evidence serve as no impediments to Ms. Kavanagh.

hmmm...sounds familiar -->  http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=7545.msg132051#msg132051

Godspeed and may the force be with you Larry, always.
The City of Homers

OakParkSpartan

Doesn't that describe their response as well?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Quote from: java on June 10, 2009, 07:53:17 AM
Quote from: Snoopy on June 09, 2009, 04:29:15 PM
Cicero, Illinois... In response to the Fox News Chicago "story" on the Town of Cicero, Cicero Town Spokesman Elio Montenegro released this statement today,
In hysterical hit piece on Larry Dominick and the Town of Cicero, replete with exaggerations, inaccuracies and downright falsehoods, Fox News Chicago and Anne Kavanagh slung a myriad of salacious allegations at Cicero President Larry Dominick.

Just as with the infamous Duke Lacrosse case, Ms. Kavanagh and Fox News Chicago assumed the role of judge, jury and executioner, moving to ruin a man's reputation solely on the basis of sensationalized allegations without ever stopping to critically examine the veracity of the allegations or the credibility of the accusers. As long as the allegations are juicy enough, the motivations of the accusers or the lack of evidence serve as no impediments to Ms. Kavanagh.

hmmm...sounds familiar -->  http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=7545.msg132051#msg132051

Godspeed and may the force be with you Larry, always.

Jesus, java, don't you understand humility when you read it?

Larry Dominick and Charlie Hernandez made a grand entrance into the city council chambers and sat in the front of the city council chamber next to Tom Pavlik and next to Bob Lovero's family.  During his inaugural speech, Lovero said he hoped he would "have the humility of Larry Dominick".

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

In today's Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-cicero-vandalism-14jul14,0,6867748.story 

Cicero worker who is suing town's president finds her SUV vandalized

Tribune staff report
July 14, 2009

A sexually derogatory word was spray-painted Saturday on a vehicle owned by a Cicero town worker who had filed a lawsuit alleging that Town President Larry Dominick sexually harassed and assaulted her.

Terence Moran, an attorney for Sharon Starzyk, 48, who was hired in 2000 to work in the town's Animal Welfare Department, said someone spray-painted the word on the right-side doors of the woman's black SUV while it was parked at the town's Waggin' Tails Animal Shelter, 1634 S. Laramie Ave.

Town spokesman Elio Montenegro said police believe the vandalism was a random act and wasn't done by a town employee or an associate.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Ted on July 14, 2009, 06:07:32 AM

In today's Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-cicero-vandalism-14jul14,0,6867748.story 

Cicero worker who is suing town's president finds her SUV vandalized

Tribune staff report
July 14, 2009

A sexually derogatory word was spray-painted Saturday on a vehicle owned by a Cicero town worker who had filed a lawsuit alleging that Town President Larry Dominick sexually harassed and assaulted her.

Terence Moran, an attorney for Sharon Starzyk, 48, who was hired in 2000 to work in the town's Animal Welfare Department, said someone spray-painted the word on the right-side doors of the woman's black SUV while it was parked at the town's Waggin' Tails Animal Shelter, 1634 S. Laramie Ave.

Town spokesman Elio Montenegro said police believe the vandalism was a random act and wasn't done by a town employee or an associate.

What is 'an associate'?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

mominator

A few thoughts:
1) Don't know anyone's guilt or innocence here, but I hope this woman is smart enough to have her own attack dogs.  Call it a network, if you will.
2) Perhaps not in this instance, but I've noticed other times that the biggest dogs who cheat on their wives are the first to "question the character" of the women that turn them down. 

Been there, done that.  PM me for back stories.  On second thought, better not.

Thor

Before I write this off as a coincidence I'd like to know what the stats are for this type of crime. Does spray painted a derogatory word on someone's vehicle happen that often in Cicero that this could be considered a random act? In my day spray painting a building with a gang sign was the thing to do. Those crazy kids in Cicero!!!
Good thing our mayor looks up to Larry Dominick!!

Stop your whining and think the way I do

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: mominator on July 14, 2009, 08:11:51 AM
A few thoughts:
1) Don't know anyone's guilt or innocence here, but I hope this woman is smart enough to have her own attack dogs.  Call it a network, if you will.
2) Perhaps not in this instance, but I've noticed other times that the biggest dogs who cheat on their wives are the first to "question the character" of the women that turn them down. 

Been there, done that.  PM me for back stories.  On second thought, better not.

So someone who is sexually harassed needs to have their own gang?  Because that is what you are calling "attack dogs". 

I thought we lived in a society where laws held sway, not vigilante justice.  Guess not in Cicero.

mustang54

"I thought we lived in a society where laws held sway, not vigilante justice.  Guess not in Cicero."

OPS I believe the quote you are referring to was made by a Berwyn resident so your not in Cicero remark doesn't fly. Never seen vigilante justice here or our leader using the police force to make raids on civil matters.

Ana

I lived in Cicero for over 10 years, and I have got to ask, mustang, who are you kidding?  Both Cicero and Berwyn are guilty, and after a few conversations with those Cicero and Berwyn residents that have moved to Westchester, so is Westchester.   ::)  Please.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on July 14, 2009, 09:49:26 AM
"I thought we lived in a society where laws held sway, not vigilante justice.  Guess not in Cicero."

OPS I believe the quote you are referring to was made by a Berwyn resident so your not in Cicero remark doesn't fly. Never seen vigilante justice here or our leader using the police force to make raids on civil matters.

1. Berwyn Police have every legal right to investigate complaints of trespass and disturbing the peace.

2. Consent vitiates whatever misguided notions there may be of a "raid". Look the term "raid" up in the dictionary.

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on July 14, 2009, 09:49:26 AM
Never seen vigilante justice here.

Then you must be blind.

Ask around how many lawsuits the Town of Cicero has settled with respect to unlawful/unconstitutional actions by members of their police force, especially those concerning Hispanic residents/non-residents. Take a ride down 14th Street and/or Cicero Avenue sometime. Vigilante justice occurring on a daily basis.

Let it rest.

The town's reputation is well deserved.

mominator

OPS:
1)  I used the word "network", not gang.
2)  My comments are not specific to Berwyn, Cicero, Chicago, or any place else for that matter.  From my perspective, it's a fact of life.
3)  As far as I know, you are not, nor have you ever been, a woman.
4)  Relying on weak men to protect you or do the right thing, no matter who they are, will leave you in worse shape than you started.

I'm done.

Ana

Quote from: mominator on July 14, 2009, 11:16:59 AM
4)  Relying on weak men to protect you or do the right thing, no matter who they are, will leave you in worse shape than you started.

I'm done.

+1
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: mominator on July 14, 2009, 11:16:59 AM
OPS:
1)  I used the word "network", not gang.
2)  My comments are not specific to Berwyn, Cicero, Chicago, or any place else for that matter.  From my perspective, it's a fact of life.
3)  As far as I know, you are not, nor have you ever been, a woman.

I'm done.

I know you did.  But I still think in this area the idea of vigilante justice is common.  Remember a ways back the discussion about...crap "something" fisticuffs".

As to #3, as far as I know either.

I'd amend #4 that weak men were doing the WRONG thing.  Sexual harassment is predatory.  Decent men will recognize that what was done is wrong.

Marcy

Quote from: Ted on July 14, 2009, 06:07:32 AM
someone spray-painted the word on the right-side doors of the woman's black SUV while it was parked at the town's Waggin' Tails Animal Shelter, 1634 S. Laramie Ave.

Is there any chance that the parking lot has surveillance?
If so, was it working?

BRoWN

This thread topic is a keeper.  Too many people thinking with their dicks and tits at work.

Classof67

Quote from: BRoWN on July 15, 2009, 07:04:49 AM
This thread topic is a keeper.  Too many people thinking with their dicks and tits at work.

Gees, that was a deep thought.  I liked the added caveat..."at work".