News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Stone planters

Started by chandasz, May 24, 2005, 11:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukesdad

He does a great job, a little more anal than we are. He cuts our lawn because he likes the lawns to be at the same length. Suits the hell out of me!

T-Stan RPCV

My wife and I plan on redoing our front garden in the next few weeks and we've been walking the neighborhoods looking for ideas.  We've spent a few hours walking around looking for ideas, but we must have made some wrong turns because we have not seen much that we like. 

The photos posted heere look great! Now I know there are some nice gardens out there. Thanks for the ideas.

Bonster

Check out this inventive planter!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

hounddog

In Oak Park, we used to enjoy the planters in front of a house on Oak Park Ave. near Jackson -- they had a white ceramic toilet with plants in both bowl and tank.   ;D

Suzy Q

The problem around here is that things keep disappearing.  We would like to put nice things out but even planters or other stone items that have weighed hundreds to a thousand pounds have disappeared.  Why can't people just enjoy the beautification that other people try to do in the neighborhood instead of trying to steal it?

Bonster

I dont' believe for a second that some random thug stole a thousand pound piece of landscaping from your home.

The typical thievery here is when someone grabs one of your Christmas snowmen.
Good parents are ones who catch them and make them throw it back on your lawn the next day.

Thanks, Bear, I'm usually the one railing about that one...

Bear

Bonster please....There is no x in Christmas
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Suzy Q

Actually yes.  Our neighbor saw someone come by in broad daylight with a forklift and put it on their truck.  He tried to stop them but they took it anyways.

Bonster

Nice neighbor.  I'd've called the cops.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Suzy Q on November 12, 2006, 03:42:14 PM
Actually yes.  Our neighbor saw someone come by in broad daylight with a forklift and put it on their truck.  He tried to stop them but they took it anyways.

Record the license plate number.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato