News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

City Council meeting

Started by Berwyn Patsy, April 25, 2005, 06:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkd50

O'C can't let a secretary stay in the job, because "his people" said so?  It's a clerical position.  Isn't he capable of making that decision on his own?  If he did make a gentelemen's agreement, then he should keep his word.  Nobody answered yet who his people are.  Does anybody know?     Let me repeat myself....I hope his people are smart.  If he (and his people) do things right, we will all benefit.

jqpublic

It seems perfectly normal to me that a new mayor and administration can hire & fire as they see fit. Why shouldn't they be able to have the people of their choice working for them?
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

pkd50

I agree with you 100%.    However, IF  he said she could stay for a few months, then he should keep his word. 

pkd50

Mostly, I wonder why somebody had to tell him not to keep her.  It seems like a small matter.

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: pkd50 on April 30, 2005, 02:54:06 PM
Some of O'C's people also had a party the following Sat. at Garv's on Windsor & East.

Just to set the record straight the get together at Garv's was a bulletin board affair not IVB.  While there were mostly IVB people there, there were quite a few that didnt support either party and some that lean towards BRDO.  One person there was someone who I had been criticising on this board.  There was no confrontation (as I had expected) instead it was a productive conversation and a realization that our ideas were not so far apart after all.  There were quite a few productive conversations and ideas thrown around regardless of political leanings and it wouldnt hurt to keep doing this to maintain the momentum of public interest in improving Berwyn.

Also, I'm not an IVB supporter.  They got my vote because I believed they were the best choice on the ballot.  By voting I simply gave them the chance to earn my support or I'll be voting for others in 4 years.

If this secretary position is in fact as it's been described on this board, firing her with a few months left seems rather pety.  I have a feeling there's a little more to this.

markberwyn

Have any lawsuits been filed? Wrongful termination and such like?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Face Reality

We'll have to wait and see after he let's her go.  The lady is a single parent (not sure how many kids).  1 was terminally-ill when she first accepted the job, years ago.  She is now in her 60's and it seems a shame that O'Connor is not going to keep his word with Shaughnessy. The only thing Shaughnessy asked of him was to keep her on.  O'Connor doesn't keep his word because some other people (who knows who is advising him), said it's not a compatible match. She's a secretary not a politician.  For a matter of a lousy 4 months O'Connor and Suchy mess up a woman's life.  I just think it is very sad.

Face Reality

I also heard that Mike Adams is running around City Hall like he owns the place. 

O'Connor isn't even smart enough to know that a Judge has to swear in the new administration. He wanted someone specific to swear him in.  All for the dog and pony show. He should have known the person had to be Judge.  He's been through 2 swearing-in's already.

Another shady deal in the works is his ties to SKS who was also a big contributor of his.  SKS offers an apartment building owner, a large sum of money, well over and beyond the Fair Market Value to purchase his building.  It wasn't even for sale.  O'Connor wants this apartment building turned into Condo's.  You'll never guess who lives in one of these apartments!  Sorry, but Mr. O'Connor's true colors are already beginning to shine through.

T-Stan RPCV

Gone from city Hall - Rants like yours (above) are the reason you have your screen name.

If your going to attack the mayor, that's great, we need all sides represented to have any productive discussion.  However, calling O'Connor names hurts your attempts at making any clear or convincing arguement.  Calling his supporters names is childish. 

By the way, since you keep referring to your experience at city hall and who did what to whom, would you mind posting your name so we're not guessing?  I've narrowed it down to a couple people and don't want to falsely attribute your beliefs to another.

Bear

My Oh My!!!!!!....Such mindless bantering....Face and Gone have surely
woke the savage beast in those of you lacking intellect with their
pointless propaganda, and all of you have seemed to swallow
it whole...hook....line..and... sinker!

I had to laugh seeing this, the rumor mongers are running rampant
Remember...Mike  is not mayor till May 10th
Also keep in mind...there is no fiddle playing within 75 feet of
my house
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Face Reality

I would hardly classifiy what Gone from City Hall is posting as a rant.
Having someone post on here with factual information from first hand knowledge and experience can only enlighten us all.

Face Reality

Pointless Propaganda?  LOL

Bear

"Enlighten us all"...It's funny you would use that line Face...
As " The artist formerly known  as The Enlightened One" from this board,
I must share a tale from election night with you all...

After the election results came in "the artist formerly known as Tisbuy", in a foolish act
of mindless desperation and utter depression threw himself in front of the 7:02
Naperville Burlington express. Upon hearing this, I intervened with The Heavenly Father
and asked that Tisbuy could be given another chance in life because he was a weak tortured
soul who was confused and needed another chance in life to prove his worthiness..

The Heavenly Father relented and sent him back to earth saying " I will give him another chance
but from this day forth, he will be known as "face" since his other earthly face is still on the windshield
of the 7:02"
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Face Reality

What a disgusting analogy!  Who's wiping your face off O'Connor's butt?

jqpublic

Man, the sour grapes are really flying today. This place is starting to liook like a cross between a Woodward campaign flyer, the Gazette, and the scrawls in a high school bathroom.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

markberwyn

"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: Face Reality on April 30, 2005, 06:55:23 PM
I would hardly classifiy what Gone from City Hall is posting as a rant.

rant - 1. To speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way  2. to utter or declaim in a ranting manner 3. extravagant or violent declamation 4. a ranting utterance (Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language)

Yep, it was a rant.

Face Reality

QuoteAnd you used to be an elected representative of the people of Berwyn, you say?

I don't think he/she stated to be an elected representative.  Just stated that they worked at City Hall.  There are positions that are not elected positions which is why The Purple One can put whoever or whatever in City Hall without morals, values, experience, or otherwise.

T-Stan RPCV

Bring it to the chat room!

pkd50

No....don't go to the chat room.   We all need to hear both sides.     Mike Adams?  Section 8..... God help us all!!!