News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Joe Keating

Started by OakParkSpartan, April 27, 2005, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Is this Joe Keating http://cookemployees.1871dev.com/search/default.asp?query=60402&area=txtZipcode&action=SUBMIT&order=&curpage=3  the same as the one who is an employee of the city of Berwyn?  Community Relations or something like that?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

markweiner

Yes

MarkWeiner1@Hotmail.com

marysol_21

Mark,

Has the cook county on line payroll information database given any ideas to the new administration? This would be a postive tool for the city toward the goal of improving the government transparency issue the new mayor pledged.

Mary

java

I agree.  Employee profiles, departmental budgets, etc. should all be accessible online.
The City of Homers

highbooker542

Finally , a few more folks that share my thoughts on this matter. Include collective bargaining agreements also. State of illinois has all their union contracts online. The City of Chicago , Cook County , Illinois Tollway Authority all have wages , pay rates , departmental staffing etc. easily accessible online. They are not ashamed or afraid to disclose this info. Other municipalities have this type of information on their website.

java

"dedicated long-range IT plan" sounds expensive.  I suggest we stick to the basics.  Simple website with important content.
The City of Homers

OakParkSpartan

I believe that there is one person responsible for approximately 20 servers.  He is on-call 24x7x365.  I certainly wouldn't take that job even for 104k. 

As Jim said, the plan doesn't need to be expensive, but there may be opportunities for consolidation of systems, as well as implementing a technology refresh.  If we are running 100% MS products, that would be the first place I would look to reduce costs.  But you need to go in, poke around, see how systems are set up and being used in the offices before designing the infrastructure.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

markweiner

Once a year, I can say, the salaries of all Berwyn's employees are published in a newspaper.  Keeping them online certainly should be in the realm of possibilities. Remember, though, I only speak for me; not for the entire administration.

MarkWeiner1@Hotmail.com