News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Where were we?

Started by T-Stan RPCV, April 17, 2005, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Stan RPCV

What were we discussing again?  There were some good things going when the door got slammed shut.  
Parking
overcrowding
rasicism pertaining to discussions of parking/over crowding
someone complaining about having to fund education through taxes (must have passed on his chance at an education)
Get Togethers (celibate/without the love)
Swearing in the new regime
Swearing out the old
Pet abuse
Director of Public Safety abuse
Ruffian not using a right wing talking point on an issue
Neighborhood garage clean-ups
Hvychev threatening to go AWOL
Etc. Etc.

markweiner

On all the topics mentioned that relate to making Berwyn better, all I ask is for ideas and suggestions as to what the Alderpeople/Mayor can do to adress the ways that a legislator can help, laws passed, things to do, etc.

Mark Weiner

admin

Mark:

Glad to see you made it to the new spot.  I'm brainstorming various ideas and categories for this forum.  One of my ideas is to create a category called "Wards" and create forums for each Ward.  You, as the new 3rd ward alderman, can moderate the Third Ward forum, if you wish.  This could serve as a spot to discuss all relevant third ward issues, which will help keep some order to the site (instead of lumping all political discussions in one spot).  Do you like the idea of having a dedicated spot on this site for your ward, as well as the wards?

Again, I'm just brainstorming, so I'm willing to entertain any suggestions. 

Jim F.

Juliet

I'm so glad to have found the new site.  I was missing out on my daily neighborhood reading.  Thanks for creating a new site to gather to make things better.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

markweiner

Jim:

I will have a website soon for the 3rd Ward.  I will solicit people from there.  Having an extra job to moderate here would, well, be an extra job.  As I get email addresses from the constituents, I add them to my email list.

Having sections for each Ward is a great idea.  However, I do not know if all the Alderpeople will respond and/or moderate.  Feel free to call me: 708-484-7512.

Thanks.

Mark

marysol_21

Is there a way to publicize the new site? I happen to come across it only by going through markberwyn's site.

java

Java here.  Nice site.  Markberwyn-love the blogs...
The City of Homers

bwater

This is going to be wonderful, a new goverment and a new site to discuss that goverment, I look forward to visting here on a daily/weekly basis :D
Outta the Black Into the Blue

ruffian

Stan I think you covered all the subjects that we were talking about.  I'm sure more people will find us here so we can get going again.  I still would like to see us have a chat room also.  It's another good tool in case we get interruped/cut off in our forum disucssions.  Once a few of us start using it ... others will come.  Just need someone computer savy to register the room ... can call it Berwyn.  They don't always have to be there ... they can have bot moderate for foul language, etc.

Go to http://www.mirc.co.uk/install.html to download the MIRC.  It will allow you to connect to an IRC server.  When choosing your online handle (suggestion, put some numbers behind your name as it is likely someone will have your handle).  Once you connect to the IRC server, type:

/server irc.starchat.net

once you get there on the same line type:

/join Berwyn

You should get the hand of it pretty easy.

the room is not registered.  So the minute I leave, the room goes down.  If you would like to try I can go there and be in the room waiting to greet anyone who makes it there. 

Try it !!!

bobbi

Hi and Glad your here.

I am a first timer to any site like this. If you need another opinion, this is great. I especially like the board for ward idea.  Is there a spell check?  The first place I checked out was the church listings and info.  Maybe I dont know how to work this new site.  Did you e-mail to all the pastors to get the info on the board?  It might be a way to get a lot of happenings listed.
bobbi
ty markw.

WIZARD

I made it!!!  Anything new on the Marzullos.... been searching the internet, but nothing!
I can't believe there has not been charges yet!

OZ

Bear

My Oh My! New Mayor...new forum...So...new name for me.
Irish, Senator Bukowski and the Enlightened One have "retired"
after accomplishing their ultimate task at hand.

But there is one thing I really want to know...

Where is Tisbuy?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

jqpublic

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

hvychev

QuoteHvychev threatening to go AWOL

Hello all. I see that the good group has made it over here. Hopefully the knuckleheads will decide not to show up. (wishfull thinking :P)