News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

It's the sickest thing....

Started by Sherman, September 01, 2011, 02:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherman

...but over the past three or four months or so, I have become an Adam Ant fan.

It all started when I stumbled on "Strip" while surfing Sirius Satellite Radio one night.  Then, "Desperate But Not Serious". 

After that, I learned about the man himself...and it turns out that in real life he's crazier than a shithouse rat at the Towne Revue.

Finally, about seven weeks ago, again while surfing Sirius one night...I found "Puss In Boots".  I got into the music itself without immediately looking to see who the artist was--the best way to tell that music is good.

Now, I'm only a heartbeat away from prancing around in a silk shirt, leather pants, and lots and lots of eyeliner.  But, I'm happy. ;)

This Bud's for you, Berwynites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6zstmlOjLs

J'sMom

Quote from: Sherman on September 01, 2011, 02:18:08 AM
...but over the past three or four months or so, I have become an Adam Ant fan.

It all started when I stumbled on "Strip" while surfing Sirius Satellite Radio one night.  Then, "Desperate But Not Serious". 

After that, I learned about the man himself...and it turns out that in real life he's crazier than a shithouse rat at the Towne Revue.

Finally, about seven weeks ago, again while surfing Sirius one night...I found "Puss In Boots".  I got into the music itself without immediately looking to see who the artist was--the best way to tell that music is good.

Now, I'm only a heartbeat away from prancing around in a silk shirt, leather pants, and lots and lots of eyeliner.  But, I'm happy. ;)

This Bud's for you, Berwynites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6zstmlOjLs

This post made me smile this morning. The first concert I ever attended was Adam Ant in 1985. I still listen to the "Strip" album on my iPod. My husband said Adam used to be a recurring guest star on Miami Vice or some cop show like that.

scottymac

"crazier than a shithouse rat at the Towne Revue."

THE funniest quote EVER.

Of course you have to have grown up in Cicero to get the Dennis Miller-esque reference, but that's waht makes it so good.

Sherman

Thanks, scotty.  That's what I'm here for.

Oh, and thanks for my new signature, too. ;D