News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Motorcycle repair

Started by dt77, August 19, 2008, 08:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

...again, welcome to BTF, dt77! As you've seen, old "frank white" here can derail a topic in ten words or less...but you'll soon learn to ignore the BS.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

frank white

Quote from: Boris on August 22, 2008, 08:24:14 AM
...again, welcome to BTF, dt77! As you've seen, old "frank white" here can derail a topic in ten words or less...but you'll soon learn to ignore the BS.

Uh dummy that was your friend Tony who did the initial derailing now shut up and go plan your ghetto fest.
I am Ozymandias. Ruler of Rulers, King of Kings. Look upon my works ye mighty and Despair!

Boris

Quote from: frank white on August 22, 2008, 11:47:06 AM
Quote from: Boris on August 22, 2008, 08:24:14 AM

Uh dummy that was your friend Tony who did the initial derailing now shut up and go plan your ghetto fest.

uhh...sorry, dude. It was you.

Hogzilla

Quote from: frank white on August 20, 2008, 03:21:49 PM
Hollywood is very pricey stick to an HD dealer.

Thanks for buying in Berwyn Tony!!

Actually Frank, you were made the first jab.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

Shoops

Tony,

You brought my name into this and all I did was respond to what you accused me and others of doing. I'm going to say it on here, that I have no idea who Frank White is.

P.S. Frank, I think the comment about Tony not buying in Berwyn is what started it.

Brandon Schuppe
SKYDAN Real Estate Sales
"Your Area Expert"
Cell: 708-710-1859
www.BrandonSchuppe.com

tony la

Quote from: frank white on August 22, 2008, 06:24:01 AM
Quote from: tony la on August 22, 2008, 01:04:07 AM
It is no biggie.  Shuppe, you or Frank White would not know one end of a Harley from another, but your need to be nosey got the best of you.  Neither you, or Frank White, should flatter yourselves about what I think of you. I could get in the gutter with you and Frank White,  but I refuse to do that. 

So I will just say........ Love you long time :P :P :P :P :P offtopic

Right and you do? If you did you wouldn't have bought that ugly color scheme!!! What is the lfurthest distance you have ever rode on that ugly thing? back and forth to work? My guess that purchase was just another scummy realtor marketing choice or a write of for your business. I've been riding and wrenching
bikes since I was ten can you say the same?

P.S. How is the egg on the face Tony?Schoops busted you out and now you come with this? I'll make sure I tell your two buddies what a goof you are. HA HA HA HA!!!! Now I'm done with you douche.
Frank,  I don't have to justify anything to you.  I will give you this.  My brother who is 10 years my senior has had Harley's his whole life and I was with him for most of his life.  I a full color member of LAMA.  If you know anything you know what that means about long rides.

I was suprised about Schuppe.  I will give you that too.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

frank white

Quote from: tony la on August 22, 2008, 06:18:14 PM
Quote from: frank white on August 22, 2008, 06:24:01 AM
Quote from: tony la on August 22, 2008, 01:04:07 AM
It is no biggie.  Shuppe, you or Frank White would not know one end of a Harley from another, but your need to be nosey got the best of you.  Neither you, or Frank White, should flatter yourselves about what I think of you. I could get in the gutter with you and Frank White,  but I refuse to do that. 

So I will just say........ Love you long time :P :P :P :P :P offtopic

Right and you do? If you did you wouldn't have bought that ugly color scheme!!! What is the lfurthest distance you have ever rode on that ugly thing? back and forth to work? My guess that purchase was just another scummy realtor marketing choice or a write of for your business. I've been riding and wrenching
bikes since I was ten can you say the same?

P.S. How is the egg on the face Tony?Schoops busted you out and now you come with this? I'll make sure I tell your two buddies what a goof you are. HA HA HA HA!!!! Now I'm done with you douche.
Frank,  I don't have to justify anything to you.  I will give you this.  My brother who is 10 years my senior has had Harley's his whole life and I was with him for most of his life.  I a full color member of LAMA.  If you know anything you know what that means about long rides.

I was suprised about Schuppe.  I will give you that too.

You can't justify because you can't justify very simple. Now stop before you make a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have.
I am Ozymandias. Ruler of Rulers, King of Kings. Look upon my works ye mighty and Despair!

Boris

...is this still going on over here?

Glad I left the sandbox for the swings.

Hogzilla

Yeah, was hoping to find out about some shops I didn't know about but this crap keeps going on and on like a bad case of mud butt.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

tony la

Quote from: Hogzilla on August 23, 2008, 07:19:57 AM
Yeah, was hoping to find out about some shops I didn't know about but this crap keeps going on and on like a bad case of mud butt.
You are rite.  I am sorry. 
WWW.TONYLA.NET

dt77

Wow.  Didn't mean to cause such a...thing. 

Illinois HD won't work on anything older than a '96.  I'll give those guys at Hollywood a call.  Just checked out their website.  Looks kind of pricey.  Has anyone gone down to Cycle Tech 5800 S Harlem?

BTW, Hogzilla.  I'm rebuilding an '80 Ironhead.  How 'bout you?

Hogzilla

dt77, glad to see you back. Yeah, the most innocent of questions can cause a stir. Don't know much about Cycle Tech, have driven by and noticed, but don't know anything. Let me know what you find out.

Yeah, stealership won't do you much good on that. Shame they turn their backs on older bikes. It's a grip a lot of folks have.

I am riding a 2006 Ultra. Got it back in March after having a Dyna and a Road King before that. It's hard to go back after having a Bagger.

Let us know what you find out on Cycle Tech.

Keep the shiny side up!

frank white

Cycle Tech is a good shop(personal experience!) that does a lot of Foreign bikes mainly jappers. Don't know if they work on H-Ds or not.

Hogzilla

Just got a quote for some work on my car at Hollywood, they quoted nearly $300 less than the dealer. If you have AAA their work is guaranteed also I believe.

dt77

Went to IL Harley this past wknd...  Looked at the new '09 baggers.  Woah.  I'm diggin' the new Street Glide.  I'm gettin' older and those baggers are such a sweet and comfy ride.  But $18Gs?  I'm leaning more towards the Dynas though.  I love that classic swing-arm line and look.  I'm torn between wrenching on another OLD bike or a brand spanking new one.  The other day, I took my Ironhead out for almost two hours.  Great ride, but my back was pretty stiff the next day.  Ten years ago, I could ride for days and days.  Now, at 35, with some back issues those "Old Man" bikes look really appealing. 

BTW, I pretty found out what was wrong with my Ironhead.  Had my plugs gapped wrong and a couple loose connections.  Power issues seem to be pretty much solved.  My stubbornness, perseverance and cheapness led me to that conclusion. 

Cheers!

Hogzilla

Good to hear you're back on the road.

You can't go wrong with a Bagger. Go for a year or two old used one and save quite a bit. Streetglide is a great bike. A buddy of mine rides one and loves it.

tony la

I have dreams about that street glide. My mistake was to take it for a ride.  Maybe someone else had better luck.  They will not budge on price at Illinois.  I guy from my club supposedly went to a dealer in Kankakee and paid 18k out the door.  That is almost 4k less than the best Illinois could do.  It is a gorgeous bike.   And it has that sport look for a bagger.  You know it is a hot bike.  Try finding a used one.  Not many.  I think I saw one, and I think it was bait for a dealership.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

dt77

I have my sights set on the Street Glide.  I just can't justify the price.  I think I'll pick up a Walnecks and nose around.  Used is probably the way to go for me.  I heard of that place in Kankakee, too.  My buddy recommends a place I think is called Village Harley.  Anyhoo, I'm just daydreaming right know.  I've several home projects to take care of.  Oh yeah, I'll have to figure out a way to convince the wife as well!

Hogzilla

You may try craigslist.org, I found mine on there. A guy in Elgin was selling it. Got a great deal in March. Ended up riding it home at the beginning of March with snow still on the ground. Streets were clear so all was good. If you buy from a dealer you will have to pay the sales tax on it. If you buy from an individual you will just have to pay the $25 flat tax on motorcycles. Will save you nearly $2k right there. I'll keep my eye's out for a good deal on a StreetGlide and let you know if something good comes up. Enjoy what's left of the riding season...