News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

LOST

Started by Boris, March 28, 2008, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: pioneer on February 03, 2010, 01:45:23 PM

If time was indeed altered in 1977 by detonating the h-bomb...then everyone that we saw die during the show...is now alive (in the new timeline that was created and seen during the flight from Australia segments) ..Claire (in the cab with kate), charlie (on the flight back from Australia), John Locke...and yes, even Juliet...afterall, she never would have been asked to come to the island to do her fertility research....her path just did not put her on that flight at the beginning of the show......but something tells me they are all going to somehow cross paths again....it has already started with Jack giving Locke his card...Kate getting in the cab with Claire....it's like you can't escape fate...or someone is controlling it?  

But.. but... where's Walt and Michael?  How could two central characters from Season 1 not be on the plane when it landed in L.A. ?

Ted

...  Based on the underwater scenes...we can speculate that the Dharma experiment up to 1977 did happen...Widmore and Faraday do still exist (assuming they are still alive in the new timeline) .....they are most likely still out there in the new timeline...plotting their next moves....knowing the position of the island at any given point in time as they know it.....their knowledge of the island's existance should not have been affected by the bomb's explosion, in fact, they probably know about it...it is a "part" of history as they know it in their timeline.....which means they will start seeking out Jack and Co pretty soon.......

But.. but... the only people who moved through time on the island were the ones who should not have been in that time line first place (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sayid). In 1977, Widmore and Eloise were in their original time line.

The fact that Desmond was on the plane means the time line changed after the H-bomb exploded. That means Widmore and Eloise would have died when the hydrogen bomb exploded (they were not time shifters since they were in their original time line) which means Daniel Faraday would never have been born! (and Widmore would be dead, unless Widmore was also a time shifter in 1977 and shouldn't have been there).

OICU812

Quote from: Ted on February 04, 2010, 05:50:12 AM

QuoteBut.. but... where's Walt and Michael?  How could two central characters from Season 1 not be on the plane when it landed in L.A. ?

Where's Mr Eko?

pioneer

You fail to see the point......there is no longer one timeline......we do not know what has happened in the new timeline created after the H-bomb....it's the Butterfly effect.......any minute event causes a series of events.....like I said...why is Desmond on that return flight from Australia.....he was originally on the island pushing buttons to keep things in check (the original timeline as we know it).....now for whatever reason, fate perhaps?, he is on that plane returning from Australia...why was he in Australia? who knows.....the series I think is based on not being able to change events that "should" happen....that somehow the events will happen, just via a differnt set of events in the current timeline.....I think Jacob is behind everything...everytime he cannot get things to "end" the way he wants them to, he seems to be the only one who can cross time and be anywhere and anytime he wants...apparrently the MIB cannot

the H-bomb destroyed everyone on the entire island?  No idea...but not sure that matters since Dharma people can come and go via their submarine which in 1977 was still not blown up........

Plus Widmore was banished.....not on the island as of 1977....I do not know if Faraday was on the island in 1977....

Walt and Michael?  who knows but they are most likely either on that plane, but we did not see them, or back home due to some unknown series of events that caused them not to be on the plane to begin with....same with Eko.....

Bottom line is...time is irrelavant in the LOST universe when Jacob has the ability to transport himself to any given point in time....the only problem is that by doing so, he creates a new timeline...and therefore his actions disrupt/change the timeline.... and get people/pawns LOST from their original timelines....

OICU812

QuoteI think Jacob is behind everything...everytime he cannot get things to "end" the way he wants them to, he seems to be the only one who can cross time and be anywhere and anytime he wants...apparrently the MIB cannot

I totally agree. I think that Jacob is changing events to get to his end game. He said it in the begining of the final episode last season. "Everything else (leading to destruction) is just progress). So he's learning each time where to go and make "adjustments" in time so that his end game is met. Which may or may not be people coming to the island and living in peace and harmony forever. The Island is Nirvana.

Tuttles

So what does everyone think about LOST?  I really hope we don't end up with more questions than answers at the end of this season!

pioneer

Quote from: Tuttles on February 18, 2010, 03:16:07 AM
So what does everyone think about LOST?  I really hope we don't end up with more questions than answers at the end of this season!

Apparently not many LOST fans in Berwyn....

I generally do not watch TV, but got hooked on LOST....maybe they will make a movie....but hopefully as a sequel to the series and not as a way to resolve loose ends....

Ted

The last few LOST episodes are just starting to seem like the same plot over and over again- a flash sideways with one character mixed in with some "the boogeyman is coming" good guys vs bad guys fights. It'll probably be that way until mid April... <yawn>

pioneer

Agreed, so far very few "revelations"....however, last night ended pretty good with the return of Widmore (knew he would be back...I am sure Desmond is not far behind)....

Also, seems we should get an answer about Richard Alpert's story soon....I think it is pretty obvious he was either the captain or a crew member of the Black Rock...probably the same ship we saw at the end of season 5 being watched over by Jacob and the man in black....

Also, hate how the next episode promos keep saying.."the time for questions is over"....how about more answers...and also how they teased about Ben's "demise" which did not happen.....

I wonder if the only way off the island for good is to accept "taking over" the life of the "alternate" self.....

The original Ben did sacrifice his daughter, however, seems he may have had a change of heart and may not do so again if confronted with a similar choice (swapping himself with his alternate self).....

Seems many of the characters are having a "better" life after bomb exploded/plane did not crash....there are exceptions though (Kate, Charlie....probably others we have not seen yet)...

So as of last night:

Team Jacob: Jack, Hurley, Sun

Team MIB: Kate, Sawyer, Jin, Sayid

I do not think the MIB needs a candidate to replace him...I just think he needs to keep all the candidates from accepting to replace Jacob...only then can he "go home" (heaven, hell, space?)....

Stay tuned....

Ted

Quote from: pioneer on March 10, 2010, 10:40:17 AM
So as of last night:

Team Jacob: Jack, Hurley, Sun

Team MIB: Kate, Sawyer, Jin, Sayid

I do not think the MIB needs a candidate to replace him...I just think he needs to keep all the candidates from accepting to replace Jacob...only then can he "go home" (heaven, hell, space?)....

Stay tuned....

I'm not so sure Kate is part of the dark force. Remember the way Locke/SmokeMonster looked at her last night.  She didn't make a deal with the devil.  I have a feeling kate is just playing along, unlike Claire and Sayid.

Plus, why did you think Sawyer and Jin are on the dark side?  Sawyer seems to be saying to hell with everyone and Jin seems to be lost in the jungle at this point.

pioneer

Sorry, I did not mean any kind of alliance, I just meant that they were currently with him and away from Jacob via Illana....

We do not know what has happened to either Sawyer or Jin after their encounter with "Locke"...as long as they are "going along" with MIB...they should still be alive....just like Sayid and Claire

I still cannot say who is worse, Jacob or MIB...I do not think people are acting on free will if Jacob has been manipulating lives into arriving to the island...also, weren't lives lost when the plane crashed onto the island....this is OK for Jacob to do just to get his "candidates"?

It is not over till its over....and then maybe not until after Lost: The Movie..... ;D

Ted

I finally figured it out. The island is really the Hotel California... <LOL>

pioneer

I hope there is an episode devoted to how the Widmore's encountered (Jacob/MIB)...they know what is going on on that island and what the stakes are....basically the destruction of the original timeline (which at this point seems to be the one where the plane actually did crash).....I think that is what is meant when "everything and everyone we know will cease to exist" is mentioned....why else would Widmore want to recreate the Electromagnetic phenomena other than to try and "erase" the second timeline....again, I need an episode that explains how Widmore has all this knowledge...how he knows how to keep the MIB/smoke monster at bay....

Daniell Faraday also now seems to have realized or become aware of "the alternate" timeline....somehow, the "original" Daniel via his experiments somehow managed to "time-travel" his conscience into his alternate self....in other words, both Daniels are alive but living in two different timelines.....just like everyone else

Last night's episode proved one thing though.....the timelines were the same up to 1977 when the bomb was set off...this is why the Widmore's know about the island/Jacob/MIB.....they have just not been able to get back to it...also, apparently, Eloise must have left the island sometime between Charles Widmore was booted off the island and before the bomb exploded.....additionally, they probably do not want people to start "putting the pieces" together of their "alt" existence for fear that they may not want to make "sacrifices"...which may mean destroying an entire world's alternate existence

pioneer

Sayid and The Kwons are dead?   So is the unknown Kwon candidate their daughter???? Can't remember if she was already pregnant when the plane first crashed during season 1....I think she was....

Crunchie

Quote from: pioneer on May 05, 2010, 10:38:12 AM
Sayid and The Kwons are dead? 
I wouldn't take that for granted. They kind of left it open-ended. I wouldn't be surprised if next week they show Jin finding a prybar and getting Sun freed, and them geting out of the sub.

Ted

Quote from: pioneer on May 05, 2010, 10:38:12 AM
Sayid and The Kwons are dead?   So is the unknown Kwon candidate their daughter???? Can't remember if she was already pregnant when the plane first crashed during season 1....I think she was....

I agree with Crunchie. They never actually showed Sayid or the Kwans dying.  Also, there is no daughter in the alternate time line. Last we saw, Sun was pregnant but bleeding so it is up in the air in the alternate time line whether she has the baby.

It's interesting that Locke/Smoke Monster would need any kind of army to "help him".  He obviously cannot be killed and he could kill a whole host of people (and already has) so the idea of him needing to "recruit" an army against Widmore is absurd.

Ted

pioneer

probably...cheesy though.....

He does not need an army...he just needs them to all leave with him (by their choice) in order for him to be able to leave...as per the "rules" between he and Jacob.....hopefully, the next episode will finally explain all that (not holding my breath though)...

Additionally, some of the candidates are allowed to die as long at it is not by his hand....which leaves me to believe you are correct...I think he knew he would be tricked and put the bomb in Jack's backpack to "ensure" they return...I assume he would have just turned off the bomb if his plan went as he wanted....so if the Kwon candidate is truly dead..the game is over which would not happen for the sake of the story....however.....who really initiated the course of events that led to the explosion?  Can you argue that it was Jack and/or Sawyer.....if so, then the "rules" were not broken....

Also, I still do not like the way Widmore "knows" how to neutralize the MIB....how does he know about the technology that keeps the smike monster at bay?  Too many unanswered questions....too few episodes left to answer them

Also, the Kwons returned to the island from "their" reality....they do have a daughter in "their" reality...there are at least 2 versions of reality in LOST...the one in which they are trying to escape the island and the one we now know as the "alternate" reality.....somehow they both seem to be merging in the subconscience of the ALTERNATE Jack, Hurley, etc...some are more attune to it (I am guessing people like the Widmore's, their son (forgot his name), and now it seems Desmond.....but they are all getting there....I think Desmond is the key

Ted

Let's see...

Cain & Abel meet Eve & the forbidden apple meet Oedipus Rex meet Pandora's box.

Is there any archetype that they didn't have in tonight's episode??  ....  LOL

pioneer

I cannot see how the Man in Black is the villian in all this.....his real mother was murdered, he is forced to stay on the island by the murderer of his real mother, and now apparently is held captive by Jacob....

Seems to me Jacob is the one who was manipulated and now seeks to want to prove his mother/brother wrong about MANKIND....OK...why not do it on his own time?

Yep...last night proved very disappointing.....and we need to just accept that going into the "cave of light" will turn you into a smoke monster?  Not to mention why the cave is even there and who the woman was..... Only 2 episodes left.....

UGH

Ted

Best line of the night was when Jacob said to Kate "It's only a chalk mark in a cave" when Kate asked why Jacob crossed her off the list.

Ted