News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

wooden shingles

Started by OICU812, July 06, 2008, 02:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OICU812

Hoping one of you may know where i might be able to find wooden shingles that are pictured below. They were used as the sideing for my garage. Not sure if they are even available any longer. Tried home depot without any luck. One of the managers even tried to track them down thru their distributor but could not locate them. the closest thing was too thick. these are about 1/4 inch thick. Theuy only had 1/2 inch and the surface was smooth. The surface on mine are grooved. Please take a look at the pics and let me know of any ideas you might have as to where to locate them.

thanks.

Bear

That is a basic cedar roofing shingle, they are beveled and very available
try Menards or Hines lumber
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

rbain

Are wood shingle roofs legal here? I can't remember seeing any on roofs since moving to Chicagoland, but they're pretty common in Northern California, which oddly enough has a much higher fire threat ???
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Bear

Rob, they are very common on the McMansions in DuPage,
come to think of it. I have never seen one in Cook.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Vic0218

Like Bear said, I've seen these at Menards as well (the Cicero store at 26th). Not sure about the exact thickness though, but I remember them having a good selection of cedar siding.

They provide them in planks...you'll have to cut them down to the right size. If you need help with that type of project, let me know as I can recommend a local guy who would be able to help you out.

fyi - Menards always has a better selection than Home Depot and their pricing tend to be better. Good luck.
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened" - Cora Harvey Armstrong

OICU812

Thanks all,
studios been sucking up all my time. but I am finally headed towards menards today!.
I'll post what i find... thanks.

OICU812

awesome.. Got a bundle from Menards yesterday!!. thanks for the info guys. couldn't wait, already got them up and painted !.

Bungalocity

Germany
Varrentrappstraße 17
38114 Braunschweig

www.de-ost.de

lol!!!
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"