COW & Council - November 28, 2006

Started by scoon, November 28, 2006, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bohemian

Patsy, in typical Berwyn fashion the "Banner issue" has become another "Berwyn Blunder."  First of all if you want your business name on one it cost $450.00!  Second I also heard about the New York company that was making them.  I then heard that Javier (I forgot his last name but he was the only IVB candidate that did not get elected) was making them at his shop.  Either way we failed once again because they are sporaticly placed in various spots in the city.  If we had any forsite they would be placed on every main drag in the city just like in Oak Park, or any other progressive city.  Instead another thing half assed Berwyn style.  ::)
Du Hast Mich!

markweiner

Bohemian:

Banners are going up as they can. I believe that the banners will not be sporadic, but fully placed, solid.

So, you speak to early about a blunder.

Second, as for the cost, I do not know where you get the $450.00 cost.  Bottom line, I do not know the cost of the banners, but the idea is is that the banners should not lose money for the city.  So the cost covers banners without business names so there is no sporadicness. 

I do so love naysayers in the morning, next to napalm.

Love you.   ;D

Mark

Count DMC

I believe the banners are being made by the sign shop(Sign-A Rama?) on Roosevelt and Oak Park next to Gina's and Horribles. I believe the cost was around $400, and they are being put up all over town. Check Cermak Lombard to Harlem, Roosevelt Rd, and also Ogden. They look pretty good so far.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

bohemian

QuoteSo, you speak to early about a blunder.

Mark, how long have the banners been up now?  2 months?  How long will it be before the other ones sans business names be up?  Maybe by next summer?  I just wonder why everything moves so slow here in Berwyn?  

Mark, I do commend you for what you are trying to do here.  I just can't say the same for your fellow Alderpeople and other members of the administration.  If I bitch about something like the banners it is because I am as frustrated as the next caring Berwynite.

Love you too.   ;D
Du Hast Mich!

renovatorbear

I was wondering the same thing about the roll out, after I noticed one of the banners on 16th and another one on Cermak, near OPA.  I like the design and was happy to see that Berwyn was taking such a forward (tho not original) step forward in self-promotion. 

But one has to wonder if the opportunity for maximum effect was missed by not rolling them out all at once?  As a marketing director I have to believe that would have been the ultimate goal. The good news, I guess, is that I noticed the banners tho...even if they were only here and there.

tony la

We may not all agree.  But we can recognize the love someone has for the community. Let's at least respect that. If we can do that....we can achieve alot.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

Terri

Quote from: renovatorbear on November 30, 2006, 07:47:47 PM
As a marketing director .

We have another volunteer to make Berwyn better.  
I'm on a roll.

Terri

OakParkSpartan

Go to  www.berwynsigns.com.   I'll leave it to you to figure out what to click on next.  Banners cost $360-450, depending upon location, and there is a discount for quantity.

http://www.berwynsigns.com/bdc/locations/loc&price.html

Patsy, the CGI contract was settled.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

Brian, do you know if there are 2 contracts going? One being CGI and the other Berwynsign company?
Saying the CGI contract was settled would appear to mean, to me anyway that some sort of law suit had been taken care of with the CGI company or is the CGI company still involved?
Or were some of my tax dollars spent on a law suit, that should never have happened in the first place? 
Just curious, I believe in open government.

markweiner

OakParkSpartan

And  here is some info about CGI...from theUS Conference of Mayors.    http://www.elocallink.com/mtv/

They've done a lot of marketing for other towns, at ZERO cost to the community.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato