News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Joe Vallez

Started by Ted, February 23, 2014, 08:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Is North Berwyn Park District Administrator Joe Vallez also the administrator of the Justice Park District? Or is that a different Joe Vallez?

http://www.justiceparkdistrict.org/parkboardstaff.asp

ADMINISTRATIVE
Joseph Vallez
Administrator
jvallez@justiceparkdistrict.org

Elizabeth Haines
Preschool Instructor
lhaines@justiceparkdistrict.org

Bonster

I think it's the same guy.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

MindoverMatter

Most of gentleman that run the park districts have two jobs.

dukesdad

I think "some of" would be more accurate than "most of"

Ted

Quote from: MindoverMatter on February 24, 2014, 09:15:04 AM
Most of gentleman that run the park districts have two jobs.

I didn't realize this was common practice.  Can you please name 3 other Park District directors who are directors of two different park districts at the same time (Tony Martinucci doesn't count).

Thank you.

MindoverMatter

I didnt say they run two different park districts.  I said they have two jobs.  Why wouldnt Tony Martinucci count?

Ted

Quote from: MindoverMatter on February 25, 2014, 03:37:57 PM
I didnt say they run two different park districts.  I said they have two jobs.  Why wouldnt Tony Martinucci count?

Thanks.  I didn't realize that being a park district director was a part time position for a lot of park districts.

MindoverMatter

Quote from: Ted on February 25, 2014, 08:28:34 PM

Thanks.  I didn't realize that being a park district director was a part time position for a lot of park districts.

I dont know if they are part time positions.  I would think they are full time.    Why wouldnt Tony Martinucci count?

Ted

Quote from: MindoverMatter on February 26, 2014, 02:41:47 PM
Quote from: Ted on February 25, 2014, 08:28:34 PM

I dont know if they are part time positions.  I would think they are full time.    Why wouldnt Tony Martinucci count?

I think most people knew that Martinucci held 3 positions so it was an obvious choice.

MindoverMatter

Does anyone know what we pay Joe, Jeff & Tony?

OakParkSpartan

Same guy.

How do you work two jobs, especially if business is conducted at the same time (9 to 5)???
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

berwyn senator

They do it in Chicago!!!!!!

buzz

There's absolutely no reason  not  to consolidate all these park/rec districts.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

mustang54

Quote from: buzz on March 14, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
There's absolutely no reason  not  to consolidate all these park/rec districts.
Buzz there is a reason. We have two in Cicero also. I was told years ago they would never merge them because of grant money and funding. Some districts are too big to qualify for certain grants while others are too small for certain grants. Being separate with one quite a bit smaller than the other they get a lot more money for the community than if they were one.

buzz

But if we were to add up all the grants would it justify the duplicate positions, employee salaries, health coverage and pension benefits ?

mustang54

Quote from: buzz on March 14, 2014, 10:45:48 PM
But if we were to add up all the grants would it justify the duplicate positions, employee salaries, health coverage and pension benefits ?
Buzz I think the money they recieve would be higher. If it wasn't districts would have been merged long ago. I also think that is true because the smaller of the two districts seems to always be a whole lot smaller with a lot less employees.

Ted

Well, in addition to being North Berwyn Park District Park District Director and Justice Park District Director, it looks like Joe Vallez took on a third job as the Marengo Park District director last October:

http://marengo-uniontimes.com/news/1540-new-park-district-director

Vallez is still listed as the Park District Director for both the North Berwyn Park District and the Justice Park District on their respective web sites.

buzz

The article says he completed the "five year stint" in Justice.
So.....there is no justice !

Ted

Quote from: buzz on March 09, 2015, 06:02:16 PM
The article says he completed the "five year stint" in Justice.
So.....there is no justice !

But, I think there still is justice...lol   The article was written last October but the Justice Park District website still lists Vallez as its director:

http://justiceparkdistrict.org/parkboardstaff.asp