News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

American Idol Season 7

Started by Berwyn Patsy, February 19, 2008, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

To all you fans, especially Bear and Java, tonight is the top 12 guys competetion.  Starts at 7:00 P.M.
Let's see who your favorite will be?

Bear

Well if American Idiot...I mean idol ever gets cats like this I might watch.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMmeNsmQaFw
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Ted

I thought David Archuleta did the best tonight... for a 17 year old kid, he has a great voice.  I thought most of the other guys were pretty good tonight. A lot of interesting arrangements.

mustang54

Archuleta was the best. The rest were pretty much a night of Karaoke.

Berwyn Patsy

My choice also! 
I think the looks of Luke Menard will carry him far in this competition.  The girls are on tonight.  They all seemed to be
talented, cute and young. Bear,  you might want to break down and take a gander!

Ted

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 20, 2008, 07:30:57 AM
  The girls are on tonight. 

I didn't like any of the girls' performances last night.  Ramiel Malubay (sp?) was the best of the bunch but I found myself agreeing with Simon about the performances last night.

Last year, I thought that there were more outstanding female singers than male singers.  I think it is reversed this year.  I thought there were better male singers this year than female singers, although it sounds like many of the girls have the flu.

Ted

mustang54

They have said its their most talent as a group of any season. I don't think so. I think its one of if not the worst. Every year theres 3 or 4 who you could say have a real shot, not this year. But then again if the talentless Taylor Hicks can win.

apatriot

mustang "They have said its their most talent as a group of any season. I don't think so. I think its one of if not the worst."

Agree totally.  The worst I have seen.

Berwyn Patsy

Maybe they all need to relax a little.  Tonight 4 will go, and the count down begins!
Big decision for me, do I watch the Obama, Hillary debate, or go for lighter entertainment with Idol?

scoon

Quote from: apatriot on February 21, 2008, 06:05:52 PM
mustang "They have said its their most talent as a group of any season. I don't think so. I think its one of if not the worst."

Agree totally.  The worst I have seen.

Really?  Watching American Idol?  I thought more of you.

apatriot

That's the problem.  You think too much.  Stop baiting.

Ted

I think they have too many young kids on this year.  A 17 year old Jordan Sparks is once in a lifetime.  Maybe they should have a lower age limit of 18 or something.

mustang54

Quote from: Ted on February 22, 2008, 12:33:02 PM

I think they have too many young kids on this year.  A 17 year old Jordan Sparks is once in a lifetime.  Maybe they should have a lower age limit of 18 or something.
Ted this year the youngest ones seem to be the best ones! Even the judges have said it and I agree.

Berwyn Patsy

Lots going on tonight!!
American Idol, Clinton-Obama debate, Berwyn city council meeting.  I hate choices!!

apatriot

The kid did an excellent rendition of Imagine.  Surprised me.

mustang54

Quote from: apatriot on February 26, 2008, 08:50:16 PM
He is by far the best. I cannot believe how cocky some of those guys are when they really are not any good, average at best. Archuleta was really good, Noriega was ok but not as good as he thinks he is. Chekezie was not bad, the rest were average or below. The clown who sang All Right Now was lucky Simon didn't notice he wasn't singing the right words for each verse. Anyone can sing that song. Most of these guys have no business on there they are average vocalists at best with limited or no range.

Ted

Quote from: apatriot on February 26, 2008, 08:50:16 PM

Achuleta's rendition of Imagine sent chills through my spine.   I think it's David Achuleta's competition to lose.  I don't see anyone beating him.

David Hernandez had the best performances next to Archuleta's.

Ted

apatriot

Ted, apparently this is a song he has perfected over time.  It will be interesting to see if he can continue to deliver that level of performance as the competition progresses to the 80's 90's, etc.  Your spine feeling chills was a reaction to the passion he put forth.  This is what is missing from many of the accomplished talented stars we see.  Example. Josh Groban comes to mind, especially with this David kid.  My guess is that Groban started off with passion, and now, through performance after performance, he's stale.  This kid at 16, with his performance this evening, just left Groban in the dust. 

Berwyn Patsy

No denying it David Archuleta is a star. I believe he will be in through out the competetion. David Hernandez following him.
I think over all,  the girls have more talent, but we will see tonight.  Tune in 7:oo P.M.

Ted

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 27, 2008, 06:40:57 AM
No denying it David Archuleta is a star. I believe he will be in through out the competetion. David Hernandez following him.
I think over all,  the girls have more talent, but we will see tonight.  Tune in 7:oo P.M.

Pat, I disagree.... I thought last year, the girls had more talent than the guys but this year I think there are more talented guys than girls.  I was not at all impressed by the girls last week.  None of them stuck out and made an impression.