News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

American Idol Season 7

Started by Berwyn Patsy, February 19, 2008, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

I forgot about David Hernandez in my earlier post. Hes got a real good voice. I liked him when he was on during his first audition. I found it interesting that Archuleta comes from the same town in Arizona as last years winner Jordan Sparks,Glendale Arizona. Compared to the last couple of years I think the girls are weak. Have to record it tonight since I'll be at Whitney Young rootin for the Mustangs!

Berwyn Patsy

Almost forgot about the game tonight!  Good luck and I will anxiously be awaiting a winning report!!

menace2society

Let's not forget this year's ringers that had recording contracts / albums already...

apatriot

if you would like to view/listen to David's performance, I found it on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XpVuogzmWhg

Berwyn Patsy

The first girl out,  Carly Smithson was the best for me tonight.
I wish Paula Abduhl would say something different.  She is so predictable and getting
a little boring.

Ted

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on February 27, 2008, 08:31:25 PM
The first girl out,  Carly Smithson was the best for me tonight.
I wish Paula Abduhl would say something different.  She is so predictable and getting
a little boring.

I didn't like any of the performances tonight.  Lots of bad song choices, I think.

Ted

Quote from: menace2society on February 27, 2008, 01:51:15 PM
Let's not forget this year's ringers that had recording contracts / albums already...

I read in the paper yesterday that one of the "ringers" was one of the people eliminated.  If there are 4 or 5 "ringers", I still think David Archuleta is heads above any of them as far as talent.

Ted

David Archuletta fell flat last night.  He would have been better off singing "Yesterday". I thought the girl who sang "Let It Be" was the best.

Ted

mustang54

Quote from: Ted on March 12, 2008, 05:56:26 AM

David Archuletta fell flat last night.  He would have been better off singing "Yesterday". I thought the girl who sang "Let It Be" was the best.

Ted

I wish they would quit saying this is the best group they have had. Most are average or below. The Irish girl with the big arm tattoo blows all the rest of them away. Shes got a powerful voice and the most range.

Berwyn Patsy

I agree with you mustang, I thought I have seen better talent in the other seasons.

Ted

I thought all the contestants stepped it up a notch last night.  David Cook's rock rendition of Billy Jean was by far the best.  I never thought a Michael Jackson pop classic like that could be turned into an all-out rock anthem.

Ted

Berwyn Patsy

David Cook was great, and I can see him winning American Idol this year.

mustang54

Last night proved again that song choice means everything. Cooks rendition of his song was fantastic and fit his style and voice perfectly. The Irish girl I think its Carly Smithson by far has the best voice of all. Great power and range but her last few song choices have hurt her. Archuleta is good but his voice is starting to get boring. The rest are pretty much average singers.

apatriot

What about Chickeze?  I know I spelled that wrong.  I pretty much agree with you mustang.  I think David is a ballad man.  When he steps out of the ballad, he is out of his element, therefore, he is limited.

Berwyn Patsy

Poor Chakezie (sp?) he looked like he was about ready to cry. I thought he would
be eliminated, I didn't care for his style.  I am thinking the blonde cute girl who sold her horse,
to get to American Idol will be next!

mustang54

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on March 27, 2008, 06:29:54 PM
Poor Chakezie (sp?) he looked like he was about ready to cry. I thought he would
be eliminated, I didn't care for his style.  I am thinking the blonde cute girl who sold her horse,
to get to American Idol will be next!
The blonde has a good country voice and probably more vocal range than over half the others. Castro with the dread locks should already be gone. He is horrible. Has no power or range at all. Just whines and mumbles. Should have never been there in the first place. Dont know how judges can like him and cut down the tiny girl who sang Alone by Heart. She wasn't that bad and to sing a Ann Wilson tune you gotta have some talent or you will look and sound like a fool.

Berwyn Patsy

Who's going home tomorrow?  Brooke White?  My best picks tonight, Carley
and David Cook.

Bear

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on April 22, 2008, 08:04:28 PM
and David Cook.

I am going home tomorrow as I do everyday. You people in Orland have been
drinking too much bad Orlandtucky water from disposabile bottles if you consider
such an item to be a topic of discussion or import.

Your neighbors home is now for sale, you can still move back before you become a lost soul.

-The Exorcist
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Ted

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on April 22, 2008, 08:04:28 PM
and David Cook.

I thought Saliesha sang well yesterday as did David Achuletta (alothough he is making the big mistake in the last 3-4 weeks of not picking well known songs).

I didn't think David Cook did that well.  To me, he sounded just as bad as Jason Castro and Brooke.  Jason and Brooke chose songs that they could not handle. Carley made the smart choice by singing a pop song.

Andrew Llyod Webber songs are difficult to sing because of the range of notes and awkward phrasing and pauses in the songs.  Carley made the smart choice in singing "Jesus Christ, SUper Star"

It might have been a better choice for Jason or Brooke to sing something like "I Don't Know How to Love Him".

Ted

Suzy Q

I'm surprised nobody sang "I Don't Know How to Love Him", too.  That could be a dynamic song.  My pick to go.....Jason.