News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Cooking Shows

Started by buzz, November 07, 2009, 09:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Help please.  I'm getting confused about 2 shows on Ch. 11.
What's the difference between America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country Kitchen ?  They have the same host, some guy named Kimball, and the same cooks.
When I saw them I didn't notice the dates at the end of the credits.  Is one a rerun,  and did the other replace it ?
Are they both reruns ?  I'm usually never home on Saturday but I saw them again today.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

watcher

Quote from: buzz on November 07, 2009, 09:54:30 PM
Help please.  I'm getting confused about 2 shows on Ch. 11.
What's the difference between America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country Kitchen ?  They have the same host, some guy named Kimball, and the same cooks.
When I saw them I didn't notice the dates at the end of the credits.  Is one a rerun,  and did the other replace it ?
Are they both reruns ?  I'm usually never home on Saturday but I saw them again today.

Google is ur friend.

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/

http://www.cookscountry.com/default.asp
WATCH Cook's Country TV!

Cook's Country From America's Test Kitchen takes you inside the test kitchen of Cook's Country magazine to discover the best American home cooking. Join us every week as we bring the pages of Cook's Country magazine into your home. Click here http://cookscountrytv.com/to learn more about our show and to find out when episodes of Cook's Country are airing in your area.
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Mr. Daniel Lumis

America's Test Kitchen shows you how to make grown up, adult food. Cook's country is all about comfort food, or in many ways, how to prepare something for your children that you don't have to serve in a trough.

Speaking of the Channel 11 family, we watched Katie Brown today and I laughed so hard I almost coughed up an old safety pin. She was showing us how to create daily bulletin boards made out of picture frames and cardboard that you stick hooks into. Each one had a letter stuck to it so you'd know which day you were at. Problem is, both Saturday and Sunday had an "S" and tuesday and Thursday had just a "T" which wouldn't help keep me from getting confused. She made some kind of pear tart or something out of canned products and pre-made dough. Then said at the end "your family will think you've been cooking all day." Apparently it is morally acceptable to pretend to love your family enough to cook for them, when in fact you just pulled it all out of cans. Yum. Very reminiscent of a show Tammy Faye Bakker had years ago, back when she was alive..saw her make a pie with a premade crust, a can of pie goo, and say "your husband will think you've been cooking." Then she went on to nail all of her jewelry to the wall to demonstrate how common nails could serve as both storage and decorative devices...I miss her...