News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

cost for new concrete front porch steps

Started by pioneer, January 02, 2009, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Quote from: Ed Fitzgerald on August 14, 2009, 10:44:10 PM
Check out the driveway
I'm lovin' it, would be nice for my entry walkway
You're right, I checked it out.....Looks great.
But that driveway is a a big expanse, how would it work/look on your walkway  ?
Also, how did they do the "imprinting" ?  Do they use a form and just repeat the design on the top layer ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

buzz

Quote from: maraire on August 15, 2009, 12:46:25 PM
Can't believe I hear somenone saying Andreas work sucks.
I know from experience. They did my foundation, garage pad, apron, and one kickass stamped colored concrete patio.
Believe it.  Their concrete stairs suck !  One was done in 2008, the other was done in 2007.  I can scrape their pour off with a fingernail.
And,  I did !!!

Jo

Quote from: buzz on August 15, 2009, 10:35:34 PM
Can't believe I hear somenone saying Andreas work sucks.
I know from experience. They did my foundation, garage pad, apron, and one kickass stamped colored concrete patio.
Believe it.  Their concrete stairs suck !  One was done in 2008, the other was done in 2007.  I can scrape their pour off with a fingernail.
And,  I did !!!

Wow. We had them quote our front steps (6 stairs and the top slab, and a little brick work) and it was almost $7k. We just can't afford that right now...

Hogzilla

Hey Buzz, was that a new pour or a covering over old stairs?

We got a quote on redoing ours and it was not even close to the $7k. It's been a while now though. Our highest quote of 3 different guys was not over $5200. For 5 stairs and a 7x10 back porch. Andreas came out lowest.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

buzz

It was a new pour.  I'll get more info for you today.  I'm going over there.  They're feeding me !  Cost, size, # stairs, etc.  I seem to remember the wrought iron railings were extra ?  I'll ask about that too.

tony la

Can't believe I hear somenone saying Andreas work sucks. Its been my experience that they are by far the best around. Quick efficient and back up their work.

Wouldn't have trusted it to anyone else.

Highly recommend to all my customers.

By far they are the best, most reliable, and time tested.  I would give them a call and tell them what happened.  Tell them to send MOONEY out.
If I knew how to post pics I would. Maybe I can get Bonster to do it for me. Bon?
By far they are the best, most reliable, and time tested.  I would give them a call and tell them what happened.  Tell them to send MOONEY out.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

Port Meadow

We had our front steps redone--7 steps including the floor outside the door, front sidewalk, repair to limestone ornament on the corner of the house. Job was complicated by fact that our front steps are actually the ceiling to a room in the basement. Called various places and the quotes were all around $4K, so I'm surprised about some of these numbers. We went with Magana in Riverside--job took a while to finish, but the resulting work was above my expectations

Bonster

Can't believe I hear somenone saying Andreas work sucks. Its been my experience that they are by far the best around.

+1

http://www.youtube.com/v/5YU2JgxdXLM&hl=en&fs=1&
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Jo

Quote from: Port Meadow on September 01, 2009, 01:13:56 PM
We had our front steps redone--7 steps including the floor outside the door, front sidewalk, repair to limestone ornament on the corner of the house. Job was complicated by fact that our front steps are actually the ceiling to a room in the basement. Called various places and the quotes were all around $4K, so I'm surprised about some of these numbers. We went with Magana in Riverside--job took a while to finish, but the resulting work was above my expectations

Did they demolish and re-build the steps, or was it repair work? I think I'm going to call them...

Port Meadow

They completely demolished, hauled away the concrete, and repoured

Bungalocity

Interesting feedback on some of these quotes and experiences.

What a coincidence I just got a postcard from a George's Concrete with a decent website...

georgesconcrete.com

Oak Park I think.

I'm going to email them now some specs for a short sidewalk job in the back yard...
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain