News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Where are other posts?

Started by berwyn senator, May 28, 2015, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Am I missing something here?gone for a year and no new subjects.

berwynson

Quote from: berwyn senator on May 28, 2015, 07:42:19 PM
Am I missing something here?gone for a year and no new subjects.

Listen, Chief! I been watchin', hopin', wonderin',, knowin', but always in touch, through Charlie. He was damn sick, sorry to say, but your birthday bash was top of my day, even though you didn't know it.

Really want to see you pullin' some of these big "stripers" out of the river here, you hear? You gotta keep fightin' to win.

Sorry about being so cryptic, you know how it is!   I loved your look when you chugged the half-bottle of Tequila at 1805, and love you still.       S. H.

berwyn senator

I might say it so good to hear from you wish you could have come to my birthday party, I am aware of the impossible.I am not able to travel for awhile, all we talked about were the good old days,at the party!!!!!

berwyn senator

I was gone a year,and I was surprised at the little amount of postings I had missed.Everyones hung up on a two way mirror at the ladies room in Cigars and Stripes.Other than that nothing.Berwyn must have changed a lot everything is perfect now?????.I must agree the town is quite,how long is anyones guess.I see quite a few posts on Facebook none on BTF.The McDonalds is gone from Ogden,didn't a cops hat get caught in Georges power window? What memories, two plain cheese burgers,along with some cheap whiskey!!!! Then we would drive!!!!!!!!   I can still hear George,as he drove the Imperial,listen to that noise, shocks the shocks are no good.We would be laughing the noise was empty wine bottles rolling around in the trunk. Every car he own he would complain about the shocks,I sure miss him,his brothers Ray and Bill still alive?

Ted

Quote from: berwyn senator on June 01, 2015, 02:43:24 PM
....The McDonalds is gone from Ogden... 

There is still a McDonalds on Ogden.  It moved a few blocks west and is bigger now with two drive thru lines.

berwyn senator

I'm aware of the new one,the old one was a place with many memories.In fact I am glad to see it moved everyone was tired of picking up the papers,and traffic jams.

berwynson

The original "2 plain cheeseburgers" I think was closer to our old homes, Maple and Roosevelt (?) 1 block east of Harlem. Real tiny place, small parking lot, still enough to let George peel rubber a little bit!

"Foremost" Liquors, south side of Roosevelt, Cicero, but not sure if east or west of Austin Blvd. Originally, you were too young, or looked to young yet, we paid a drunk to go in and buy us a bottle of Cobb's Creek, gave him a few bucks to boot. Soon enough, you had more chin feathers than I did, even though I was older, they sold it to you no questions asked!

After meeting Sue, you volunteered to buy me rubbers, I was chicken to go in, drug store also on Roosevelt, someplace near Oak Park Ave, I think. You came back out grinning and laughing. We asked what's funny? You said, "I told the guy I need the biggest he had!"  Take care, now guy!     berwynson

berwyn senator

You're correct the McDonalds on Roosevelt,not there any longer was replaced with a much larger one.Speaking of rubbers George's brother Ray asked us to purchase some for him as he had a girlfriend all ready and waiting.We walked over to Foremost on Roosevelt went into the mens room in the bar $.25 for three in a package!!!! Back at Rays house we gave him the package,into the washroom he went then out the door.An hour later he was back,and real quite,we finally got out of him what happened.He put the rubber on at the house and intended to walk over to this girls house,half way there the rubber fell off and he could not locate the thing.So he walked all the way home to try again he had two left,one he broke,success with the last one.Out he went walking funny so he wouldn't loose the last one, in one hour he was back he told us she was gone when he arrived!!!!

berwynson

Guy, this one I laughed my ass off on! My wife wondered from over in the living room, if I had cracked up! Good story! What a wonderful time we all had back then!       S   

Nancy K.

Are you talking about Pelikan's Drug Store on 12th Street, a few blocks East of Maple?  And Yes there were lots of taverns along 12th Street from Maple to Oak Park Ave.

berwyn senator

King's Hot Dogs was near on Roosevelt,I do not recall exact street.

berwyn senator

The whole strip along Roosevelt,Harlem to Cicero Ave. were taverns.

berwyn senator

I am very surprised at the lack of interest on BTF,there is much to talk about in Berwyn.

markberwyn

I want to hear your stories about the race riots.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

In Berwyn? tell me which ones.

markberwyn

Dude, you're the one who's supposed to educate us about the olden days.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

berwyn senator

I don't recall any race riots in Berwyn,and I have been here a long time.I wonder why people keep bringing up the subject?

markberwyn

berwyn senator

That was a long time ago,I was nowhere near the area,Berwyn lives with what happened on 19Th.st.Today's residents are note aware,and could care less.Why do we need to discuss racism in Berwyn?
Lets go to something more interesting.

markberwyn

This is the first time I've heard of the 19th Street Race Riot. I'd like to hear more.