News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

For the blues fans in the crowd

Started by jqpublic, June 02, 2005, 11:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jqpublic

Legendary guitarist Johnny Winter will be performing at Naperville's Ribfest on July 2nd. Take the Burlington, grab the shuttle at the station, and you're there. Headlining that night is Kenny Wayne Shepherd. A hell of a double-bill for $7.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

T-Stan RPCV

Rib Fest is one of the best festivals I know of.  Every year the music, food and atmospere are great.  The main stage has good/national acts, but I really enjoy the occassional jems that can be found on the side tent stage.  For the evening shows, get there early to stake out a decent spot on the lawn.

jqpublic

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

markberwyn

Quote from: T-Stan RPCV on June 03, 2005, 04:42:17 PM
Rib Fest is one of the best festivals I know of.  Every year the music, food and atmospere are great.  The main stage has good/national acts, but I really enjoy the occassional jems that can be found on the side tent stage.  For the evening shows, get there early to stake out a decent spot on the lawn.

I haven't made it to a Rib Fest, but they had the best rock band on the planet play there last year:

http://www.drivebytruckers.com/

If you have even a remote affinity for southern rock, I can't imagine you not loving these guys.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

T-Stan RPCV

As far as suburban festivals go rib fest doesnt F' around with getting some big name acts.  Not only Kenny Wayne Shepherd but David Lee Roth, Ted Nugent and Loretta Lynn will also be on the main stage with BOC and Urge Overkill on the side stage.  For that price, plus plenty of room to throw down a blanket and drink a few beers, and some of the best rib vendors from around the country, you can't ask for too much more.  Much better than fighting the crowds at The Taste.   I try to make it there at least 2 days every year. (i sound like a paid advertisement)

I didnt know Jonny Winter was playing & couldnt find him on the schedule  :(

Link to entertainment schedule:
http://www.ribfest.net/entertainment.php

markberwyn

I love how the Ted Nugent show is being proudly plugged as ALL AGES. So is "Cat Scratch Fever" off the set list?

David Lee Roth? Blue Oyster Cult? Yeesh, this year's lineup is scary. Needs less cowbell!
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

OakParkSpartan

Wonder if Ted is shooting his own pig and butchering it for ribs  :-*
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

T-Stan RPCV

I've somehow managed to see Nugent 3 times (never paid for tickets) and was amazed at how much spit one person can generate in a 70 minute gig.  I'd hate to be the stage hand cleaning up in between bands.

On another note, Grand Funk Railroad was there a couple years back and they went on a "support Bush or your evil" political rant when they were suppose to be playing music. (that's Naperville  :()