News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

June 27, 2006 - City Council

Started by scoon, June 28, 2006, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~LL~

But what really pisses me off is my thread has come to this.  It makes me wonder why I bother spending my time writing these recaps...

[/quote]

Scoon -- please continue the recaps, if you can.  It really is a public service -- and I wish there was a way to compensate you for your time, your expertise and the humor you inject-- thus making reading a recap of these meetings something to actually look forward to...
The trolls are boring.  You are not.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bear

LL...You can compensate Scoon at OoT tonite...

Im sure a donation of liquid libation will keep the recaps
coming
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Ted

Quote from: scoon on June 30, 2006, 10:31:53 AM
...  The level of asshat on this board has really gone down hill.  I miss Berwynite, Ruffian, BerwynTruth... 

Rumor has it that BerwynTruth has sold his house and skeedaddled out of town  ;D ;D ;D

pkd50

Does everybody know who Berwyn Truth is except me?   Is he a former alderman, or am I guessing wrong?

scoon

Quote from: Bear on June 30, 2006, 11:32:37 AM
LL...You can compensate Scoon at OoT tonite...

Im sure a donation of liquid libation will keep the recaps
coming

I'll do alot of things for a liquid libation...  and the list grows longer with each one I have.

tgoddess

pkd50,

I just joined the board this month...I don't know that is, either.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Ted

Quote from: pkd50 on June 30, 2006, 04:04:10 PM
Does everybody know who Berwyn Truth is except me?   Is he a former alderman, or am I guessing wrong?

Pat,

None of us know for certain (at least I don't) but many of us do suspect he is a former alderrman.  I suspected it because I received private emails from BerwynTruth which related things that only this former alderman would have known.

Ted

Bear

It has been too quiet here with some of the
special people gone
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

BountyHunter

so I'm the bad guy, huh?  This is a tough crowd.

Looks like you all know each other.

Let's see.  It has been ascertained that I have no merit by a select few here, despite the fact I never met anyone from this group.  I make spelling errors so I'm not worth talking to.  Some guy pushes me to describe a gangbanger and when I turn the tables on him I am immediately perceived as the bad ass.  What a friendly group.  As far as posting what one might describe as valid or constructive opinions re: Berwyn, I see many people type stuff that is not particularly relevant or important.  So, again, why am I singled out.

It's not my fault if Scoon leaves letters off of words.  Typo.  Typo my butt.  Isn't he the one constantly ragging that reading is a skill?  Doesn't he read what he types?  The point has been that I don't think this chat room needs to have grammar/reading/typing/spelling police.  That's all. 

Then he posts disrespecting the Eagles.  I can't let that go.  Come on.  Aren't there any people over 45 at this chat room?  The only one who backed me up was Millieman (sp?).

scoon drew first blood when I was discussing with markberwyn.  When I'm attacked I attack back.  But it seems this chat room would give scoon two free hands and bind mine.

Lastly, responding to things people post is not following them around.  He's on here 24/7.  I post occasionally.  He's got this idea he's a great writer.  He's not.  Fair.  Too many buzz words (snarkly).  Actually, after reading posts long before I came here, markberwyn is the best writer at this chat room.  Doesn't mean scoon couldn't become a good writer, but for the moment he's fair at best.

as far as responding to me, seems like YOU'RE pretty thin skinned.  What fraternity did you belong to?  YOU'RE mad at yourself cause you made a spelling error (ok-typo-to be proven in a court of law) so you take it out on me.  It's OK.  I can take it.

You people expend a lot of energy trying to make Berwyn better.  It's people that make it better - or worse.  All the political maneuverers - get a life.  Here's Berwyn.

I ran into Pete one of the brothers that owned the Majorette forever.  He said BERWYN (whoever the powers that be are) knew all along they were going to build those condos, but sent a shill when he was selling.  He could have got tons more but they cheated him out of it.

THAT's Berwyn.

time after time

I'd have to agree that this is a "clickish" forum.

Cindy

T-Stan RPCV

There is no doubt that this is a "clickish" forum.  However, I think the "click" developed over time among people who have met in person to discuss issues that have developed through board discussions.  Whether it be hanging out for a beer or working with CARES a certain amount of respect and friendship are formed through face to face meetings rather than bantering back and forth with faceless text on the internet. 

OakParkSpartan

One reason it is "clickish" is many of us have met in person.  The other night at the bank, I met 2 folks that belong here.  Last night I was with Bru67 and Kurto and his wife.  Tonight I was with Mr. and Mrs. Scoon, T-Stan and Cheekymonkey (and one other nice member who shall remain anonymous).

So yeah, it is kind of clickish, in that we know each other.

Stop in at Olive or Twist on a Friday, and you'll probably find a few of us there.  We don't bite, and tend to be a lot nicer in person.  You'll probably find we agree about more things than we disagree.

Money on BerwynTruth's identity is Branco.  After his DUI incident, we have never heard from that poster again.

MarkBerwyn is a very good writer.  He used to have a blog that was pretty good.

Cheers,
BRian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

What the Berwyn talk forum means to me---------At first it was a place I could go to, and write all my frustrations regarding city poltics and politicians. I could finally feel free to say exactly what was on my mind .  I did not know anyone on this board at  that time. Through the months and year that followed I found many people here thought the way I did. I think that thought was, honesty, a better Berwyn and finally maybe I can help make a change!    It is my city, my taxes and my schools motto, that has come from this board through the people who write on this board.
I do not think Click has anything to do with it.  We all come from different times, areas, ethnic groups and religions.  Some of us are married, have children and some are single.  Some of us are what I consider "normal people" others not.
We are all of different political backgrounds, and most definitely not all IVB as some people would like to think.
This board has made a difference in Berwyn, and because of it, small positive changes have started.  For the first time ever, ideas were being listened to, politicians discovered they were being watched, school board officials took notice, and in my opinion we slowly started to move forward.   This board became a group, not a click.  The group still can disagree and often does.
Friendships are made here, but so are enemies.
It's the freedom of being able to express my thoughts on this board that I love the most.
One last thing here.  I could give a rat's A** about my spelling, grammar or sentence structure. We are who we are, and should not be intimidated. Bottom line we are all equal.

Ted

you're right on, Pat.   I think this board has made a difference. Kudos to Brian and Jim for starting it and continuing to run it. 

Berwyn Patsy

Jim and Brian, thanks to both of you, Ted is absolutely right, we would not have made a difference with out you!!

markberwyn

Well, I guess I'm flattered that BountyHunter thinks I'm the best writer here, but I just like to think I'm the most annoying one--always with the fussy questions, always bitching about evidence, always splitting hairs. (Once again: I wasn't trying to get BH to describe gangbangers in general to me. I wanted him to explain how he determined that a group of black people he encountered were, in fact, gangbangers. There's a distinction there. See? Fussy.)

Maybe that makes me part of the clique, but then again I've been a pretty crappy clique member--I don't think I've ever met any of the folks on this board. Nothing personal; I just picked a career that a) Pays poorly and b) Takes up a lot of my time. (Also, I don't drink or smoke anymore, so I'm pretty much zero fun these days.) I've been on this board long enough to notice that when some asshat cries that this board is biased or cliquish, it usually means nothing more than that a couple of people are disagreeing with said asshat. Maybe an asshat's life is more interesting if he/she feels that there's a Giant Cabal at work instead of just a couple of critics.

I like Scoon's recaps, and I'm happy he's doing them--if somebody out there is getting his ass sore on a regular basis for no pay, all I can say is thank you. I do wish sometimes that there were more people on this board--there are really only about a dozen folks who post with any regularity--but the group that's here has accomplished quite a bit.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: markberwyn on July 01, 2006, 10:50:34 AM

I like Scoon's recaps, and I'm happy he's doing them--if somebody out there is getting his ass sore on a regular basis for no pay, all I can say is thank you.

I think that statement needs to be left in context...  :D

I hope they're at least getting a tip...

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

BountyHunter

The click has been confirmed.  I guess I was right about something, huh?

If you guys would stop doing your imitation of the Village of the Dammed (those kids with the blonde hair) you might actually see some other/new people post here.  As it is, I think if anyone reads this chat room, they already know it's a click and that if they were to post and say anything contrary to the collective they will be put in the "asshat" bin.

As you were.

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: BountyHunter on July 01, 2006, 11:51:24 AM
As it is, I think if anyone reads this chat room, they already know it's a click and that if they were to post and say anything contrary to the collective they will be put in the "asshat" bin.

It is not a contrary view that makes one an asshat.  There have been quite a few well articulated and meaningful debates on this board between people that disagree with each other or disagree with the majority of other posters.  IMO that is one of the best things about this board.

My personal view is an asshat is someone who jumps in without establishing any credibility, uses logic below a 3rd grade level and is incapable of intelligently defending an opinion.  Then somehow the asshat thinks it is entitled to some respect.

BountyHunter

ok so I have no credibility.  I have logic below 3rd grade level and not capable of intelligently defending an opinion.  who ARE you people? self appointed gods?

Your a click-pure and simple.