News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

12/12/2006 Council Meeting

Started by OakParkSpartan, December 13, 2006, 12:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoon

I hope the council moves quickly and decisively on this...  but I have serious doubts that they could agree on toppings for a pizza.

Assuming that they could agree to have pizza in the first place.

Bear

This is the biggest deal to come along in many moons,
I just hope the city does not FUBAR
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

cozynite

Quote from: scoon on December 14, 2006, 01:30:39 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on December 14, 2006, 12:54:56 PM
Scoon,

You guys  walked into a building which the city has neglected to maintain   for years.  That is not what the completed project  will  look like.

Cheers,
Brian

Oh...  thanks for pointing that out.  I actually thought they would leave the dead mice and mold.  Silly me.

(Read with sarcasm, and lot's of it.  I realize that the building had been neglected, but that's no excuse for the city to not send someone thru to clean it up a bit before the special COW meeting that opened it up for public viewing.  And I'm not talking about mold.  I'm talking about pigeon feces and dead rodent carcasses. 

Especially if their intent was to garner support for saving it.  I was all for saving it until I saw first hand and realized that it's a HUGE undertaking and to do so that might prevent any development at all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I want something, nay ANYTHING to happen at that corner.  If we save it great.  If we tear it down great.  I could care less either way.  I'm simply tired of that eyesore sitting there untouched.

It's an embarASSment to BerWIN.

I'm not some asshat talking sh*t.  I'm a resident who lives approx. 7 blocks down the street from that thing who has to answer questions about it from out-of-towners coming to visit who pass by it on the way to my house.  Don't lump me in with them because I share what I saw there.

I'm on your side... but the truth needs to be put out there.)

(That might be the longest parenthetical statement ever on this board.)

Yeah, I think it was.
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

dukesdad

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on December 14, 2006, 02:45:54 PM
I think it was disgraceful  as well.  I couldn't see opening a building  up like that for tours, and not  cleaning  up the pigeon shit and  dead rodents.    Some folks around  here are just a  little too  comfortable with conditions  like that.  But I don't want to blame  anyone...

One thing which the Harboe  group  said is that they were ready  to take immediate  steps to  stabilize the building  ie.  stop water infiltration  etc. 

I wonder why the people we trusted with OUR property didn't see  fit do some maintenance?    Thirteen years is a long  time  to ignore  a property.

Cheers,
Brian

In my opinion they were trying to make it look as bad as possible, to justify tearing it down. Same reason they never maintained it, everyone thought it would be torn down.

Bonster

I wonder why the people we trusted with OUR property didn't see  fit do some maintenance?    Thirteen years is a long  time  to ignore  a property.

LMFAO!

They can't even perform blight inspections on HOUSES, much less that pile!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Terri

Quote from: dukesdad on December 14, 2006, 03:54:19 PM
I think it was disgraceful  as well.  I couldn't see opening a building  up like that for tours, and not  cleaning  up the pigeon shit and  dead rodents.    Some folks around  here are just a  little too  comfortable with conditions  like that.  But I don't want to blame  anyone...

One thing which the Harboe  group  said is that they were ready  to take immediate  steps to  stabilize the building  ie.  stop water infiltration  etc. 

Cheers,
Brian

In my opinion they were trying to make it look as bad as possible, to justify tearing it down. Same reason they never maintained it, everyone thought it would be torn down.
Precisely.  Sole reason I was curious as to why J.Stillo took the time to submit a proposal on behalf of Skydan. 

Terri

Count DMC

He was hoping the citizens had a short memory?
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Berwyn Patsy

Again, what part or is there no part that the Health Dept. comes into play with empty buildings such as this or El Centro?  There is someone to blame for deploring conditions such as dead animals, feces and rodents, but who's problem does it become?  Or do we the tax payer accept these conditions in our city, while we wait years for decisions to be made?

OakParkSpartan

Talk to the folks that  voted into office a do-nothing Township Administrator  or whatever his title is  (Mr. Pechous).

Do  they do health  inspections of restaurants?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

cozynite

Brian,

I don't think that Pechous was running against anyone else. 
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

Ted

The city has not owned the building for 13 years.  It was privately owned for over 20 years.  The owner was not able to sell it so the city bought the property a few years ago.  I think the city has owned the building for less than 5 years.