News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Political T.V. ads/Nov. candidates

Started by Berwyn Patsy, October 08, 2010, 07:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

How much do you really, seriously listen and take note to the T.V. ads
running on the tube these days for the Nov. elections?
      Would you consider changing your vote over any of them?   I like
Christine's "I am you"!

Diona

I personally think they are all nothing but a bunch of crooks in their own ways.  They are NOT out for the people in any way shape or form.

Tommy

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on October 08, 2010, 07:37:51 AM
      Would you consider changing your vote over any of them?   I like
Christine's "I am you"!

So, um, Berwyn Patsy, are you telling us that you're a Witch?  Or did you just 'dabble?!'

berwynguy

Oh my god, this guy?  Where have you been since the last election?
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

Berwyn Patsy

A little of both Tommy!  lol.

truman40

Well in my case I cringe every time I see a Kirk/Giannoulias. Kirk actually had my vote but after seeing and hearing all the negativity coming from his end he lost me. Problem is I never cared for Alexi so now what???? Maybe Green
But by far the worse commercial has to be Debbie Halvorson's ads with senior citizens angry about their Social Security money. Second are the Crossroad commercial followed closely by Brady's commercial featuring his daughter. Looking at his stand on women's issue it just seems insincere to me.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

mailman7

Quote from: Tommy on October 10, 2010, 09:34:06 PM
Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on October 08, 2010, 07:37:51 AM
     Would you consider changing your vote over any of them?   I like
Christine's "I am you"!

So, um, Berwyn Patsy, are you telling us that you're a Witch?  Or did you just 'dabble?!'

This witch thing kills me. I remember being young and standing with some friends in front of the mirror with the lights off and saying "I believe in Mary Worth, I Believe in Mary worth". Remember those days? Did we all "dabble" in a form of raising the dead? What about playing with a Ouija Board. Calling out spirits...whoooo.

As far as I'm concerned, Christine O'Donnell is being honest. "Just Like You and Me". This is just a way for Liberals to come out and bash the women. Again, Liberals are afraid of this November election and when they get cornered with no issues to discuss they lash out and attack on a personal basis.

Remember when Clinton said he smoked but never inhaled?
Just imagine that when you're done protesting, you'll still be unemployed ... GET OFF YOUR ASS and GET a JOB!

jake

Quote from: truman40 on October 11, 2010, 10:55:01 AM
Well in my case I cringe every time I see a Kirk/Giannoulias. Kirk actually had my vote but after seeing and hearing all the negativity coming from his end he lost me. Problem is I never cared for Alexi so now what???? Maybe Green
I understand where you are coming from on this.  But because the Kirk commercials about Alexi are true (bank failure, shady clients, questionable departure date, Bright Start losses, etc), do you want to risk Alexi winning because of votes peeled off by the Green Party?  Furthermore, I think that many voters were not aware of those issues but only saw "Democrat" after Alexi's name.

Again, I would have preferred to see Mark Kirk do more positive campaigning, as he has an actual record (moderate) that I think the IL voters could get behind.

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

"Alexi just seems shifty", kinda like Rahm Manuel?

truman40

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 11, 2010, 11:59:19 AM
Alexi just seems shifty.
He (Alexi) seems like the same ole, same ole which is why I liked Kirk. But those ads are just making me yak!
To me a great commerical tells me what you stand for, tells me what you have done and then tells me why you want to win.
There is a funny moment in American Graffiti where Mackenzie Philips yells out to another girl, "Yeah well your uglier than I am"  :o
Thats what all these ads remind me of
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

eno

"None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers: a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us." - Paul Ryan

jake

Quote from: truman40 on October 11, 2010, 12:51:40 PM
He (Alexi) seems like the same ole, same ole which is why I liked Kirk.

So you liked Kirk because of a negative opinion of Alexi?  But when Kirk airs commercials highlighting the reasons for (perhaps) your negative opinion of Alexi, you get turned off?

Again, I also would like to see more positive campaigning by Kirk.  But in Illinois, I think the Democrat candidate gets a lot votes strictly on party affiliation, so highlighting the candidates background in campaign ads can provide needed background that might overwise not reach the less informed voters.

PS- Why did you form your negative opinion of Alexi ("same ole, same ole")?

buzz

Quote from: jake on October 11, 2010, 01:16:22 PM
  But in Illinois, I think the Democrat candidate gets a lot votes strictly on party affiliation,
Moot point.
Applies to both parties nationally.  Not just Illinois.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

jake

Last I saw, Alexi and Kirk were running in Illinois only...so how is that a moot point?

buzz

Because.... it applies to both parties and is not just happening in Illinois.
Also, in case you haven't noticed, many of the ads are financed by outside organizations.  Can you say "R O V E" ?
You can't really believe this is an "Illinois only" occurence.
Kirk is just an extension of previously failed policies supported (now) by outside $$$$$ influences.

jake

Quote from: buzz on October 11, 2010, 09:22:56 PM
Kirk is just an extension of previously failed policies supported (now) by outside $$$$$ influences

As I mentioned before, Kirk has a moderate voting record, and he has both voted against Bush-backed bills and voted for Obama-backed bills.

Your entire contribution to this thread is moot.

truman40

Quote from: jake on October 11, 2010, 01:16:22 PM
Quote from: truman40 on October 11, 2010, 12:51:40 PM
He (Alexi) seems like the same ole, same ole which is why I liked Kirk.

So you liked Kirk because of a negative opinion of Alexi?  But when Kirk airs commercials highlighting the reasons for (perhaps) your negative opinion of Alexi, you get turned off?

PS- Why did you form your negative opinion of Alexi ("same ole, same ole")?
I have/had a pretty high opinion of Kirk even before he ran against Alexi, so I guess I expected more.
Alexi just seems like he is cut from the Madigan/Daley/Mell type of politicians. Those that feel entitled to the position so much so they make it a family business.
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

buzz

Quote from: jake on October 12, 2010, 09:10:14 AM
Quote from: buzz on October 11, 2010, 09:22:56 PM
Kirk is just an extension of previously failed policies supported (now) by outside $$$$$ influences
As I mentioned before, Kirk has a moderate voting record
You can mention it as often as you like but it still won't make him a decent, honest candidate.
We need progressive solutions.  Kirk can't help.  He's a remnant of the failed past, not even a good liar.

Homebody

Does anyone else think that Dan Seals sounds like the actor playing Kenneth on 30 Rock? Close your eyes and listen to Seals' voice the next time the advert comes on. Maybe it's just me. Marge