TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Super block

Started by Suzy Q, July 14, 2010, 05:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Mike Phelan on November 02, 2010, 06:28:29 PM
Quote from: Bonster on July 15, 2010, 02:55:29 PM
Mike, what's with the "your" city, BDC, BHS stuff.  Did you move?
Bonster,

I did move.  I'm living in Texas.  It's refreshing to live in a state that has it's act together.  There's no state income tax here, no tax on groceries.  I'm in Amarillo where the cost of living is about 25% less than Chicago.  The unemployment rate is a little over 5%.  Nice homes are plentiful under 100k, many in the neighborhood of 50k.  I'm really not missing Berwyn at all.  I just wish I didn't still own the real estate I had there.

Mike
I've been to Texas and would rather pay a state income tax and tax on groceries than live there.  Just my opinion.  I guess I'm a Midwesterner through and through.  Good luck with getting rid of your real estate and hard feelings about Berwyn, Mike.

The Jackal

I've been to Texas several times, Austin and San Antonio, and would have NO PROBLEM whatsoever livin in either place. Never been to Amarillo so I can't comment there, but BOTH San Antonio AND Austin were very nice.

Bonster

I know about 20 ppl who transferred to TX about 3 years ago.  Don't know of any who like it.  In particular, the schools are horrific.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"