News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Contract approved but not public

Started by Ted, November 11, 2010, 06:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Telecommunications employees?  Who knew Berwyn had employees who are part of the telecommunications union?  Anyone wanna bet this is another 5% increase?  Story in the Life:

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/berwyn/topstories/x1615399092/Berwyn-approves-but-does-not-release-union-contract 

Berwyn approves, but does not release union contract

By Staff reports
Berwyn Life
Posted Nov 11, 2010 @ 03:06 PM

Berwyn, IL — The city of Berwyn voted to approve a contract with its telecommunications employees' union Nov. 9 at the council's regular board meeting.

The contract is another in a series of contracts approved this year by the city council.

City Clerk Tom Pavlik said the contract is not yet public and sited the same reasons previous union contracts were not made public immediately after being approved by the city council.

Previous contracts approved by the council had to be finalized by the various unions' attorneys before the city would release them to the public.

Ald. Marge Paul, 3rd Ward voted against approving the contract.

buzz

Any idea who was appointed as the new 911 Supervisor ?
That position was eliminated by Lovero.  Now it's back.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Homebody

There was a lot of confusion on this matter when it came up on Tuesday's agenda. Chief O'Halloran gave a short presentation. He stated that there was no one in line to get the job; an effort to dispel rumors circulating that the position had been filled before Council even approved the position. The job requirement that the applicant would need only a GED was also discussed. Chief said that the job would require much more education than the the commuication had listed.

I believe that Ald. Chapman questioned why there was no salary range listed. She is the Budget Comm. Chair. The Chief said that salary would be in the range of 60,000 plus benefits. We approved the position with the understanding that the matter goes back to the 911 board to determine whether the position can be funded through the $ we get from telephone remittances the City receives for 911 operations. Then, I think it comes back to City Council to approve the hire.

I have heard from several sources that this position is badly needed. Marge

Mr. Daniel Lumis

I'm happy though that the newspaper knows the difference between "sited" and "cited." /snark