News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Apple TV, Boxee, and XBMC

Started by jfrickind, December 26, 2010, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrickind

Does anyone have any experience with Apple TV, Boxee, or XBMC?

I want to ditch my DirecTV.  Sony's Google TV is too new.  We don't watch enough TV to warrant $80 or more a month (at most 3 shows a week).  I can get sports on ESPN3.

I want something easy for me and the family to use.

Anyone out there using any of these three?

JD

dukesdad

Apple TV, the new version. Very slick, easy to set up and use. Not sure it replaces cable yet, but getting there.

OakParkSpartan

Apple TV + Netflix comes close.

I take it you aren't a sports fan?  That is the deal breaker for me. 

Overall, Apple TV s very nice.  Maybe drop down to the very cheapest DTV package to go with ATV.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

The easiest thing for you to do is pay the 80 and watch more TV.   

jfrickind

I love sports and I love watching sports - mainly basketball - but I also have a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 4 month old.  So ... not a lot of free time to sit and watch sports.

Illinois basketball, football, and the Bears are the games that I make time for.  All of those I can catch on ESPN3 or HD rabbit ears.

I'll look into the cheapest DTV package and compare costs.

I also like the idea of watching more TV but I just can't make the time for it.

Thanks all.

jfrickind

Bought the Apple TV and hooked it up tonight.  It's pretty sweet.  I think next month I'm going to buy a Roku in order to get Hulu Plus and I'll have everything I need.  I'll keep you updated (although at this point it might just be me paying attention - just like a good marriage).

JD