News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Berwyn represents at Blackhawks game

Started by treeguy, March 03, 2011, 09:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeguy

I went to the Blackhawks - Flames game last night.  They announced overhead that the Berwyn Fire Department was having their annual Put out the Flames night.  I thought it was pretty awesome that Berwyn was representing.   We won a critical game 6-4.  We are starting to look good and are generally healthy compared to other contenders.   Go Blackhawks! 

Homebody

I was there with a bunch of friends and had a blast. Thank you Mike Laureto and family for the work done to host this nice fundraising event to help kids injured in fires to have a chance to go to summer camp. Marge

The Jackal

I had an invite also, but couldn't go due to previous commitments. Hell of a gmae though, watched part of it on TV.

Bonster

Quote from: Homebody on March 03, 2011, 01:47:22 PM
I was there with a bunch of friends and had a blast. Thank you Mike Laureto and family for the work done to host this nice fundraising event to help kids injured in fires to have a chance to go to summer camp. Marge

+1

Great event, growing larger and larger every year.  I think they sold upwards of 800 tickets for this alone!!!  At least four greyhound busloads of folks for the event.  No matter what anyone thinks of the Lauretos (politically speaking), Mike Laureto really is one heck of a guy.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

dukesdad

QuoteI had an invite also

Everybody had an invite.

The Jackal

Wow dukesdad, now you really burst my bubble....I thought there was some newfound love flowing from the Berwyn FD to the Jackal...LOL!!!

Robert Pauly

Went to the Wolves game last night (the result of giving an 8 year-old a $50 limit in a silent auction).  I enjoyed the beer, Jumbotron and DePaul banners - didn't realize they've only been to the NCAA's three times in the past 20 years.

Some guys were playing hockey, too.  The Wolves lost 3 - 1, so they had to start a fight in the last 10 seconds.  Some sport.

mustang54

Quote from: Robert Pauly on March 05, 2011, 09:03:29 AM
Went to the Wolves game last night (the result of giving an 8 year-old a $50 limit in a silent auction).  I enjoyed the beer, Jumbotron and DePaul banners - didn't realize they've only been to the NCAA's three times in the past 20 years.

Some guys were playing hockey, too.  The Wolves lost 3 - 1, so they had to start a fight in the last 10 seconds.  Some sport.
You went to a minor league game. Of course if your still a DePaul fan you enjoy minor league type entertainment. But then again I'm sure you stopped being a DePaul fan years ago and are probably now a Duke fan! LOL!!

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on March 05, 2011, 11:38:20 AM
But then again I'm sure you stopped being a DePaul fan years ago and are probably now a Duke fan! LOL!!

....until the Blue Devils lose in the NCAA tourney....then its on to the flavor of the month. LOL!!!!!

Bonster

Quote from: mustang54 on March 05, 2011, 11:38:20 AM
Quote from: Robert Pauly on March 05, 2011, 09:03:29 AM

You went to a minor league game. Of course if your still a DePaul fan you enjoy minor league type entertainment. But then again I'm sure you stopped being a DePaul fan years ago and are probably now a Duke fan! LOL!!

LMFAO!

\=
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Robert Pauly

Don't like Duke - been a Buckeye fan for years.