News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Cubs Rooftop Dates On Groupon

Started by seebee, April 01, 2011, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seebee

Doubt I would go, but it's mildly tempting. I've never done a rooftop before.

http://www.groupon.com/chicago/

mustang54

Quote from: seebee on April 01, 2011, 12:38:13 PM
Doubt I would go, but it's mildly tempting. I've never done a rooftop before.

http://www.groupon.com/chicago/
I don't think Cub fans should be allowed on roofs this season.

pkd50

Go online and read the Onion's story about the Cubs.  It's laugh out loud funny.

n01_important

It's a sign of desperation... not something you want to see in a local "healthy economy" AND going into the start of baseball season.

Great buying opp if you were smart enough to raise cash.   :P
Stupid fuck

seebee

Sox tix with access to the patio party on Groupon today.

The Jackal

Mustang,

Now which teams fans shouldn't be allowed on rooftops this year? Remind me onnce again. I'm just looking for a copy of The Onion to see what they have to say about the Bridgeport train wreck....

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on May 05, 2011, 09:08:49 AM
Mustang,

Now which teams fans shouldn't be allowed on rooftops this year? Remind me onnce again. I'm just looking for a copy of The Onion to see what they have to say about the Bridgeport train wreck....
LMAO!! Sox fans are no longer allowed on rooftops or allowed to be around sharp objects. But there is hope, I caught the end of yesterdays game and Hawk said Danks is the best 0 and 5 pitcher in all of baseball!! MERCY, now thats somethin to be proud of,dag gone it! Oh wait its a marathon not a sprint and they are ALL IN! Jackal I'm sure you have played a little poker. Would you go all in with the 3 of spades and the 4 of diamonds? LMAO!!

The Jackal

No Mustang, I wait to go ALL IN with a 2 of clubs (Dunn) and a 7 of spades (Peavy).....LMAO!!!!

What do that call that again? Deadman's (Guillen) hand? LOL!!!!!

Danks is the best 0 and 5 pitcher in baseball, Thornton was the best lefty reliever in all of baseball last year, Ozzie is the best goateed South American mah-nah-ghhher in beisbol, Bossard is the best groundskeeper that ever lived, Vito the parking attendant gives the best hand directionals in the city, Mary Lou from 35th and Wallace serves the best polishes, the Bertucci brothers make the best cement shoes, etc., etcm, etc.....all for THE WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL!!!!!

LMAO!

The Jackal

What I wonder is this: If winning baseball is the barometer by which fans in this city are measured, then how in God's name can ANYONE follow the Black Sox now or even claim to be a fan of theirs now?

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on May 05, 2011, 09:54:19 AM
Hawk said Danks is the best 0 and 5 pitcher in all of baseball!! MERCY

Well, he's 0 and 6 now, so scratch that....got BATTERED last night, to the point where Hawk gave up on trying to make excuses. LMAO!

Time to move on for the Hawkster now....my guess is he'll tell us, in the very near future, that Edwin Jackson is the best African American righthander in baseball playing in pinstripes between the age of 25 and 28 who also had played for the Diamondbacks. Any guesses on the over and under on that?

mustang54

LMAO! Mercy, don't stop now boys,wer're all in!!

The Jackal

You should have heard the loudmouth redneck last night mustang.......claiming the umps don't give pitchers the inside of the plate anymore....as if THAT was relevant to anything.

Hey Hawk, if the umps aren't giving the inside of the plate to pitchers, its EQUALLY APPLICABLE to ALL PITCHERS, not just those ALL IN!!!!!

Not sure WHAT point the imbecile was trying to make...very little of what he says makes sense anyway.

mustang54

Ya know all home announcers are pretty much homers but Hawk is really pathetic. He is always looking for someone or something to blame other than the players. Thats what I and many others really liked about Harry Caray. Soriano is so lucky Harry isn't in the booth right now. I remember years back when Carlos may was with the Sox. Harry said "why does this guy wait til he has two strikes to swing at a pitch,he's not a good enough hitter to do that!"

The Jackal

TOP TEN REASONS TO HEAVE THE HAWK

1. Repetitive nature. See Hawkisms. The Hawk has "described" the events in a ballgame with the same lame catch phrases for over 20 seasons.

2. Homer. The Hawk is more cheerleader than broadcaster. He calls the Sox the "good guys," and the opponents, "bad guys." Why is Harrelson such a rabid Sox fan anyway? It's weird. He should have been a fan when he was General Manager.

3. Hillbilly. The fair city of Chicago is the third largest media market in the country. So why must we listen to a South Carolinian carnival barker with NO White Sox connection? But wait, he was GM, you say? Yes, read on.

4. GM Schmee-Em. Harrelson's .239 career batting average looks good compared to his run as Sox GM in 1986. He fired Tony LaRussa, the most successful manager in the game today, over personal differences. He traded Bobby Bonilla for a pitching machine (Jose DeLeon). He almost single-handedly sent the team to Florida. How can any self-respecting Sox fan support The Hawk?

5. "The Best at this/that." You can count on The Hawk to tell you who the best player in any particular situation is- no matter how specific. "Nobody can draw a walk in a day game like Carl Yastrzemski, DJ. Nobody. He's the best I've ever seen at that.'"

6. Playing Daze. The Hawk yaps incessantly about what it was like when he played. "We used to play with cow patties...we had cow patty bases...cow patty balls..."

7.Yastrzemski man-crush. When he's extra fired up, Harrelson shows evidence of a disturbing Carl Yastrzemski man-crush, gushing about the BoSox slugger for innings at a time.

8. Dead Air. The Hawk often says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for minutes at a time, especially when the Sox are losing.

9. Jay Mariotti obsession. The Hawk regularly wastes valuble air time confronting his arch nemesis, Jay Mariotti. Just call the game, Harrelson. Don't be such a baby.

10. Because he sounds like that Boomhauer guy from "King of the Hill."

The Jackal

13-Starlin Castro
15-Darwin Barney
18-Geovany Soto
21-Tyler Colvin
29-Jeff Samardzija
34-Kerry Wood
36-Randy Wells
38-Carlos Zambrano
40-James Russell
45-Sean Marshall
48-Andrew Cashner
49-Carlos Marmol
62-Marcos Mateo

a) ALL drafted or signed by the Cubs

b) ALL Cubs farm system products

c) ALL on the Cubs 2011 Opening Day Roster

How many other teams in the majors had over 50% of their Opening Day Roster come through their own farm sytem?

seebee

The Jackal

I'm sorry, come again?

Not sure if the implication is that these players are on the roster out of necessity, but if so, take a look at that list again.

Castro and Barney are two of the best young players in the league. Soto was in contention for a Silver Slugger award at C last year. Colvin hit twenty dingers in '10 as a rookie. Wood and Marshall are two of the best set up guys in the NL, and Marmol is in the top handful of closers in the NL and an All Star. Zambrano is a FRONT end of the rotation pitcher (with an eight figure contract), and Cashner will be in the near future.

Samardzija has been pretty damn good this year, and even if he wasn't, I highly doubt saving $$$ was the rationale for his spot on the roster....not with HIS contract.

That leaves Wells and Mateo. Of the two, one is a back end of the starting rotation guy who has won 14 games in the majors and the other is a 12th man in a 12 man staff. I HIGHLY doubt you'll find ANY team in baseball shelling out big bucks for a 5th starter or a 12th man reliever.

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on May 05, 2011, 09:54:19 AM
Sox fans are no longer allowed on rooftops or allowed to be around sharp objects. But there is hope, I caught the end of yesterdays game and Hawk said Danks is the best 0 and 5 pitcher in all of baseball!! MERCY, now thats somethin to be proud of,dag gone it! Oh wait its a marathon not a sprint and they are ALL IN! Jackal I'm sure you have played a little poker. Would you go all in with the 3 of spades and the 4 of diamonds? LMAO!!

Well, make that 0 and 8 mustang, and the Redneck boob is no longer claiming ANYTHING with respect to Danks...in fact, no more JOHNNY either...just plain Danks....LOL!!!!!!!!

He was about to tell us how "COOP" is the best pitching coach in baseball....until he realized Danks would soon be 0 and 8 ..... LOL!!!!

COREY PATTERSON anyone???

LOL!!!!

LOVE IT!!!