News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Cubs Rooftop Dates On Groupon

Started by seebee, April 01, 2011, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on May 29, 2011, 06:06:58 PM
Quote from: mustang54 on May 05, 2011, 09:54:19 AM
Sox fans are no longer allowed on rooftops or allowed to be around sharp objects. But there is hope, I caught the end of yesterdays game and Hawk said Danks is the best 0 and 5 pitcher in all of baseball!! MERCY, now thats somethin to be proud of,dag gone it! Oh wait its a marathon not a sprint and they are ALL IN! Jackal I'm sure you have played a little poker. Would you go all in with the 3 of spades and the 4 of diamonds? LMAO!!

Well, make that 0 and 8 mustang, and the Redneck boob is no longer claiming ANYTHING with respect to Danks...in fact, no more JOHNNY either...just plain Danks....LOL!!!!!!!!

He was about to tell us how "COOP" is the best pitching coach in baseball....until he realized Danks would soon be 0 and 8 ..... LOL!!!!

COREY PATTERSON anyone???

LOL!!!!

LOVE IT!!!
Dag gone it Jackal you beat me to it, MERCY!! LMFAO. What do you do with COOP when his staff goes to POOP? I love Coops interviews he is like a Sox fan he always goes back to how it was in 05. Nobody cares anymore about 05 folks, its all about today. Especially when you GO ALL IN!!

The Jackal

mustang,

Miracles only happen once a lifetime..........LOL!!!!

Just LOVED what Cub reject Patterson did to them this series.....ripped 'em apart. LMAO!

I'd just like to know when JOHNNY (or is it just plain John now?) Danks figures he's going to win a ballgame...hopefully by the all star break, for the rednecks sake!!!

Ted

Pedaki mou, the Cubs ain't doing so hot either.  A few days ago, the Sox had a better record than the Flubs.

Danks actually pitched some good games earlier in the season.  He just wasn't getting any run support.  Now, though, I think it's all psycholigical.

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on May 29, 2011, 08:42:49 PM
Miracles only happen once a lifetime..........LOL!!!!

Not for Cub fans - Miracles never happen.... LOL

The Jackal

Quote from: Ted on May 30, 2011, 05:36:53 AM

Pedaki mou, the Cubs ain't doing so hot either.  A few days ago, the Sox had a better record than the Flubs.

Danks actually pitched some good games earlier in the season.  He just wasn't getting any run support.  Now, though, I think it's all psycholigical.

Ted my friend, the Cubs sacrificed this season to shed some payroll but the Sox are ALL IN!!!!!

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on May 30, 2011, 05:29:28 PM
Ted my friend, the Cubs sacrificed this season to shed some payroll ... 

Excuses, excuses.

dukesdad

Quotethe Sox are ALL IN!!!!!

Not you Jackal. You're living the "Wrigley Life" Lucky guy.

The Jackal

Well dukesdad, most of Chicago lives the "Wrigley life" (whatever that means), so if it makes you feel better proclaiming as such, have at it.

I simply don't proclaim "ALL IN" with a horsecrap team.....LOL.

EVERY year its something with the Black Sox..kids can play, good guys wear black, all in........maybe just shut the hell up for once and play ball. If you're good enough, everybody will see it.

dukesdad

In 2005 it was "Grinder Rules", that worked out pretty well. I know, I'm living in the past, just not the very distant past.

The Jackal

Well, the Diamondbacks also won a WS in the not too distant past (in a once in a lifetime miracle season as well), yet they don't go around acting like they invented the game and/or with GOOFY, asinine slogans every year that leaves them open to scorn and ridicule.

Play the damn game and let others judge you on your merit, or lack thereof.

Nonetheless, I guess its your right to open your mouth wide at any given point in time...just don't cry like a whiny 4 year old when someone (Jose Bautista???) sticks a foot in your mouth.

mustang54

Quote from: Robert Pauly on May 31, 2011, 04:20:53 PM
Why have a slogan when Derek Jeter is still kicking around?

http://kentsterling.com/2011/02/25/jeter-on-cubs-billboard-cubs-marketing-is-as-idiotic-as-hendrys-leadership/
Good call Bob. When I saw the ad I couldn't believe they would market an opposing player to try and sell tickets. In a city the size of Chicago NEITHER team has anything close to a star.
Lets be real for a minute about both Chicago teams. If you merged the 25 players from both rosters you would have a payroll of 240 million and still suck. You would still not win ANY division in baseball. Heres why.
1 The outfield would still be a nightmare. None of them from either team can play defense or hit consistently. Would still be one of the worst outfields in baseball.
2. Infielders? Two above average young shortstops and thats it. NO second baseman on either side of town and the corner guys you would play,Aramis and Pauly have both seen their better days.
3. Catchers? I don't feel I need to even go there.
4. Starting staff? You merge them both and would still have a brutal rotation. No real number one standout guy and hard pressed for a top flight #2. Maybe Peavey IF and I mean IF he can stay healthy.
5. Bullpen? Carlos Marmol and a band of nobody's!
6.Manager? Please lets not go there either.
7. G M's? Hendry is the joke of all of baseball. How Ricketts kept this incompetent over paying clown is beyond me and ALL the sportwriters that cover MLB. And then there's Kenny. Traded his entire farm system away and now must sign has beens or never will bes like Hendry.
 Now heres the difference between the fans. Cub fans knew this team would suck and suck bad. It will be bad for a long time and we admit it. Sox fans keep having visions of grandeur and never admit there team hasn't got near enough to win anything.
And as for our hometown announcers Lenny and Squigy on the north side belong with Hawk, out of work.

Ted

Quote from: mustang54 on May 31, 2011, 05:00:26 PM
5. Bullpen? Carlos Marmol and a band of nobody's!

Didn't Marmol CHOKE big time yesterday?

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on May 31, 2011, 05:00:26 PM
If you merged the 25 players from both rosters you would have a payroll of 240 million and still suck.

True.

Quote1 The outfield would still be a nightmare. None of them from either team can play defense or hit consistently. Would still be one of the worst outfields in baseball.

Except for Fukudome, and his hitting swoon typically starts right about now. Marlon Byrd is above average at best. The rest are a nightmare. Soriano is the worst defensive outfielder in baseball now that Dunnis a full time DH. Rios is subpar in center and Quentin is out there simply cause Dunn is MUCH worse defensively. Pierre is tragic.

Quote2. Infielders? Two above average young shortstops and thats it. NO second baseman on either side of town and the corner guys you would play,Aramis and Pauly have both seen their better days.

Huh?

Ramirez is close to 30.

Barney is one of the best rookies in baseball and VERY good defensively. Aramis Ramirez is DONE and NOBODY the Sox throw out at third is even remotely adequate. I disagree on Konerko...I still think he has a few years left.

Quote3. Catchers? I don't feel I need to even go there.

Soto looked like he was going to develop into a star, but has settled into slightly above average status. Pierzynski is flat out awful.

Quote4. Starting staff? You merge them both and would still have a brutal rotation. No real number one standout guy and hard pressed for a top flight #2. Maybe Peavey IF and I mean IF he can stay healthy.

No, not brutal, just nothing spectacular.

Peavy is an accident waiting to happen. Jackson is Jackson. Floyd, Danks, Dempster (based on THIS year)and Buerhle are basically .500 pitchers. Garza looks solid...as a #3 on a good staff. Zambrano is the wild card. Have no idea what you'll get with him, front end of the rotation stuff or complete meltdowns...and here's hoping the Cubs can unload him come late July.

Quote5. Bullpen? Carlos Marmol and a band of nobody's!

I wouldn't say that.....excluding last night, the Cubs bullpen is pretty damn good with Marshall and Woody in set up roles. The Sox suffer from their boy wonder GM miscasting everyone in inappropriate roles at the beginning of the season. Thornton is NOT a closer...nor is Sale. Lets wait and see on Santos once he's been around the league a few times. The guy I like from Bridgeport is Jesse Crain.

QuoteNow heres the difference

...between Chicago and Bridgeport.

We have a farm system that HAS produced some pretty good players, and that WILL continue to do so, along with a payroll that will shrink DRAMATICALLY at the end of the season. Bridgeport is ALL IN!!!!!

seebee

Well, Jackal -
Not that you need, or give a shit about any agreement from me, but I think you stated all this stuff pretty well. I especially like what you pointed out about Fukudome and Paulie. Fukudome can play defense -solid, accurate arm. I think Paulie sees the writing on the wall for his career coming to an end, and would be considered a stud 1b on ANY team this year, last year, and hopefully a year or two more before the real slide begins. Aj, though - granted, his slide began last year. Other than that, to say he is awful? Not true (as far as offense.) For most of his career, he was a rock solid 280 hitter with 10-15 hr. For a catcher, these days, not too shabby.

Sadly, yes, Pierre is tragic. Time and time again, teams tag up from third on a pop up to left. He can barely get the ball to third, and the league knows it.

I thought Thornton would be one of the only lefties that could go against thre grain, and handle a closing gig. I don't have regrets about the org trying that out. Sure it blew up, but I don't think too many ppl saw that coming.

Robert Pauly

Quote from: The Jackal on June 01, 2011, 07:52:15 AM

Soto looked like he was going to develop into a star, but has settled into slightly above average status.

Glad to hear you've finally moved from the Clapton Soto is God position.

Ted

Quote from: Robert Pauly on June 01, 2011, 11:28:17 AM

Soto looked like he was going to develop into a star, but has settled into slightly above average status.

I thought Aramis was God?  ::)

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

The Jackal

Quote from: Ted on June 02, 2011, 05:55:57 AM
Quote from: Robert Pauly on June 01, 2011, 11:28:17 AM

I thought Aramis was God?  ::)

....JOHNNY Danks, too....LOL!!!!

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on May 30, 2011, 05:29:28 PM
Ted my friend, the Cubs sacrificed this season to shed some payroll but the Sox are ALL IN!!!!!

Yup, and, based on the fact that the Cubs have lost 8 in a row and have a .390 winning percentage (3rd worst in baseball!), I would say that the Cubs are ALL OUT!!!!!

:D ;D :D