News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Cicero officials linked to criminals

Started by HenriettaPussycat, April 11, 2011, 02:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 11, 2011, 08:58:52 AM
That was not the question...my question was geared towards why would he resign?  The article clearly stated he had immunity. 

I don't think he will resign, but I guess we will find out Wednesday.

Bonster

Quote from: buzz on April 11, 2011, 08:30:29 AM
Quote from: Ted on April 11, 2011, 06:29:52 AM
Transcript of Jeff Pesek testimony:
blah blah...

FBI affidavit shows conversation between Peseks and Outlaw gang member:
blah blah
FYI  I cannot connect to either of these links.  Anyone else ?

They're just PDF's of the transcripts:

Testimony

affadavit
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Why would Pesek resign?  Wasn't this all public knowledge?

I think the worst part of the story is the bad example Dominick sets for Berwyn: cronyism, paying exorbitant amounts of money to friends' business interests, giving free healthcare to those just sitting on committees.  The argument for it all is they have the money to blow.  We don't and never will.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Robert Pauly

A reader comment from the Times:

"Cicero officials with ties to organized crime? How shocking! Have they ever NOT been? The real criminals here are the Cicero voters, who keep electing slimeballs to run the town. I guess they just aren't very bright and I guess they deserve to be swindled out of the taxes they pay."

mcaryl

Quote from: Robert Pauly on April 11, 2011, 09:39:40 AM
A reader comment from the Times:

"Cicero officials with ties to organized crime? How shocking! Have they ever NOT been? The real criminals here are the Cicero voters, who keep electing slimeballs to run the town. I guess they just aren't very bright and I guess they deserve to be swindled out of the taxes they pay."

Who else are they going to vote for? Look what happened when we tried getting someone new on the school board.
Berwyn resident 1988-2012.

Ted

Quote from: bonster on April 11, 2011, 09:32:05 AM
Why would Pesek resign?  Wasn't this all public knowledge?

I doubt most people knew that Pesek had "silent" business partners who were reputed mobsters and admitted cocaine dealers.  It sounds like Pesek's business partnership with these guys was undocumented.

The Jackal

Ted,

EVERYBODY knew about these "relationships", even before they came out in court.

That's why certain people should listen when certain other people speak.

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on April 11, 2011, 10:08:34 AM
Ted,

EVERYBODY knew about these "relationships", even before they came out in court.

That's why certain people should listen when certain other people speak.

Not everybody, Jackal. I didn't know.  I knew Pesek owned a night club but until this article, I didn't know that he had these "silent" business partners.

The Jackal

Trying to figure out what type of spin to put on this. Anyone who has spent any significant amount of time in the area knows who these people are, what they're about, and what the connections are. You would have to be brain dead not to.

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on April 11, 2011, 10:12:37 AM
Trying to figure out what type of spin to put on this. Anyone who has spent any significant amount of time in the area knows who these people are, what they're about, and what the connections are. You would have to be brain dead not to.

Then, I'm brain dead...  LOL

The Jackal

The Peseks "bought" Ontourage when they were in their mid 20's....where the hell do two street kids from Cicero get the money to buy a club like this on Ontario St. in River North? Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Most of you wpould be absolutely shocked to know how many local businesses have drug/orgamized crime ties.

Robert Pauly

99% of the community doesn't know about this.

The Jackal

Then that 99 percent of the community should listen to the one percent that does.....

Nonetheless, carry on, you guys are doing a fine job as is...

mustang54

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on April 11, 2011, 10:09:39 AM
Where is Mustang?

I'm right here. As far as Jackals comment above that everyone knew who Peseks freinds were? WRONG. I didn't know. In fact I didn't even know who Jeff Pesek was until he was elected to the school board. Before that I never even heard of him. Even after he was elected he could have walked up to me and I would of had no clue who he was.
I never knew who he was until I attended his first board meeting.
  As for the article in the Times I heard an article like this was coming out a few months back. In fact I think I read it was coming on BTF. Someone made a comment about an upcoming article about Pesek that would come out before the election. So because you grew up with someone who became a criminal that automatically makes you one? If so put me and a whole lot of other people in jail right now.

billyjean

Isn't he the same Jeff Pesek that was beat up at the Golden Steer?   Maybe it's a different one.

Ted

Quote from: mustang54 on April 11, 2011, 10:49:36 AM
....So because you grew up with someone who became a criminal that automatically makes you one? If so put me and a whole lot of other people in jail right now....  

It's not about who he grew up with.  It's about who he is business partners with.  Big difference.

Ted

Quote from: billyjean on April 11, 2011, 10:52:10 AM
Isn't he the same Jeff Pesek that was beat up at the Golden Steer?   Maybe it's a different one.

No, different person... I think the person at the Golden Steer had a different first name.

billyjean

Can't a recall be done considering the circumstances?

There is no way any of these ppl should be in any position ... other than out and looking for a regular job.  Bobby should have done his homework.  You just can't get involved with ppl like this cause it will come back to hurt you.

Ted

Quote from: billyjean on April 11, 2011, 10:54:47 AM
Can't a recall be done considering the circumstances?

He was just re-elected a week ago.