Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Cicero officials linked to criminals

Started by HenriettaPussycat, April 11, 2011, 02:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

Mustang,

Yoi're bullshitting me now, aren't you? You're a long time Cicero guy and you don't know who these people are? Give me a fuckin break....

These are the people YOU wholeheartedly endorse to run 201 and entrust kids futures with.

What in God's name was on the cv's of Pesek, Iniquez, Dominck and Kraft that made you think they were in any way, shape or form qualifies to run a school board?

Stop bllshitting people....you can bullshit SOME people, but not us old timers....

And no, it wasn't JEFF or CRAIG Pesek that were beat up....

OakParkSpartan

If you read the two links, in particular, the one of the testimony transcript, I think it is perfectly clear that it was more than being friends with someone.  

BTW, he was offered immunity for his testimony, which, although I am not a lawyer, probably means he was more than just friends with someone.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

billyjean

Quote from: Ted on April 11, 2011, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: billyjean on April 11, 2011, 10:54:47 AM
Can't a recall be done considering the circumstances?

He was just re-elected a week ago.

I know Ted, but this very circumstance could be used to say the voters were duped.  As stated ... do you think if voters knew all this ahead of time they in good conscience would vote for them?  I couldn't.  Schools, mob, crime ... it don't mix.  And then ppl have the nerve to say raise taxes.  This is why ppl are against raising taxes ... cause of all the shennanigans goin on.

If there is one thing voters hate it's when ppl misrepresent themselves, and that clearly is what is going on here.  If he doesn't resign, the other candidates should do all they can to use whatever political tool necessary to pry him out of there.

The Jackal

If you people knew the "players" in this scenario, you'd know all about the relationship and ties amongst and between them.

Bottom line, EVERYONE bailed on Polchan, and he got the big hambone. Nice. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on April 11, 2011, 10:59:12 AM
Mustang,

Yoi're bullshitting me now, aren't you? You're a long time Cicero guy and you don't know who these people are? Give me a fuckin break....

These are the people YOU wholeheartedly endorse to run 201 and entrust kids futures with.

What in God's name was on the cv's of Pesek, Iniquez, Dominck and Kraft that made you think they were in any way, shape or form qualifies to run a school board?

Stop bllshitting people....you can bullshit SOME people, but not us old timers....

And no, it wasn't JEFF or CRAIG Pesek that were beat up....

Your the bullshitter Andy. You don't know me at all. I had no idea who Jeff was until he won the first election. If you don't believe me ask Jeff. Or better yet ask Ted or Java. They will tell you I supported them the first time they ran not Jeff. I had no clue who the guy was. I was going to run until Ted and Mark said they were running. I had this crazy notion I was not educated enough to run an education system. I don't bullshit Andy.

Terri

Quote from: Ted on April 11, 2011, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: billyjean on April 11, 2011, 10:52:10 AM
Isn't he the same Jeff Pesek that was beat up at the Golden Steer?   Maybe it's a different one.

No, different person... I think the person at the Golden Steer had a different first name.
Wayne.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: billyjean on April 11, 2011, 11:01:56 AM
Quote from: Ted on April 11, 2011, 10:55:27 AM
Quote from: billyjean on April 11, 2011, 10:54:47 AM
Can't a recall be done considering the circumstances?

He was just re-elected a week ago.

I know Ted, but this very circumstance could be used to say the voters were duped.  As stated ... do you think if voters knew all this ahead of time they in good conscience would vote for them?  I couldn't.  Schools, mob, crime ... it don't mix.  And then ppl have the nerve to say raise taxes.  This is why ppl are against raising taxes ... cause of all the shennanigans goin on.

If there is one thing voters hate it's when ppl misrepresent themselves, and that clearly is what is going on here.  If he doesn't resign, the other candidates should do all they can to use whatever political tool necessary to pry him out of there.

Our mayor and his DCOB aldermen ENDORSED the guy.  Do you think they bear any responsibility?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

I think they either fear or are in awe of the power and money in Cicero and will do just about anything to stay on their good side.  Problem is we're not really seeing the benefits of such. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

The Jackal

The DCON is neither in fear or in awe of Cicero. It's simply a qui pro quo, tit for tat, situation. DCOB supporyts the CVA in 201 elections, and in return, the CVA supports the DCOB in Berwyn municipal electionsm In short Berwyn, YOUR elected officials sold you out to a "school board" comprised of people with ties to drug dealers and organized crime.

The Jackal

Btw, I want know where all the Berwyn "eucational leaders" who preached "let's work WITH them" are now?

The silence is deafening.

Oh, and mustang, while you may have not known Pesek when you voted, I'm sure you sure as hell got to know him during his 201 Presidential tenure....and you still didn't "know" anything? Nobody take you aside and say, "hey, what you see is NOT what you get here"? I mean, Pesek's ties to some of these people was not some big secret. What exactly did you see on his cv, or some of the other Cicero 201 board memebrs cv's, that made you think ANY of them were qualified enough to run a hs board? I mean, if you feel YOU'RE not "educated enough" to run for spot, what would make Pesek, Iniquez, Dominick or Kraft "educated enough" to do likewise?

MindoverMatter

Sad to hear..I hope he resigns.  Many are guilt by association.

The Jackal

Its not SAD, its DESPICABLE. And just as much so for those who "supported" them.

And no, its not a matter of guilt by association....the guy was granted IMMUNITY in exchange for his testimony. Doesn't that tell you people something?

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on April 11, 2011, 12:59:21 PM
Btw, I want know where all the Berwyn "eucational leaders" who preached "let's work WITH them" are now?

Oh, and mustang, while you may have not known Pesek when you voted, I'm sure you sure as hell got to know him during his 201 Presidential tenure....and you still didn't "know" anything? Nobody take you aside and say, "hey, what you see is NOT what you get here"? I mean, Pesek's ties to some of these people was not some big secret. What exactly did you see on his cv, or some of the other Cicero 201 board memebrs cv's, that made you think ANY of them were qualified enough to run a hs board? I mean, if you feel YOU'RE not "educated enough" to run for spot, what would make Pesek, Iniquez, Dominick or Kraft "educated enough" to do likewise?
Hey they chose to run thats their businees. When I saw people more educated than me wanted to run I stepped back. So what. Yes I got to know Jeff once elected. And no, no one told me who his business partner was and I really could care less. Just because a business partner is involved in criminal activity doesn't mean he or she is. I judge people on what they do not by who they associate or do business with. I have freinds related to mob figures, they are not criminals in any way shape or form so why should I hold that against them? I have not agreed with everything Jeff Pesek and this board have done. I back them when I think they are right and call them out when I think they have made a mistake. And ANY board member or administrator will say that. So please don't come on here and accuse me of being a liar,then I will give you your "fucking break."

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: mustang54 on April 11, 2011, 01:10:40 PM

Hey they chose to run thats their businees. When I saw people more educated than me wanted to run I stepped back. So what. Yes I got to know Jeff once elected. And no, no one told me who his business partner was and I really could care less. Just because a business partner is involved in criminal activity doesn't mean he or she is. I judge people on what they do not by who they associate or do business with. I have freinds related to mob figures, they are not criminals in any way shape or form so why should I hold that against them? I have not agreed with everything Jeff Pesek and this board have done. I back them when I think they are right and call them out when I think they have made a mistake. And ANY board member or administrator will say that. So please don't come on here and accuse me of being a liar,then I will give you your "fucking break."

Read his testimony.  It wasn't just the business partner misbehaving.

The Jackal

Mustang,

What part of Pesek being granted frickin' IMMUNITY for his testimony don't you understand? How hard is that to copmprehend? Pesek's "friends" weren't granted immunity, HE was. Now the question becomes, what was he granted immunity from?

You don't care who they associate with? Well, I'm sure a hell of a lot of 201 parents do. This is their hs board president we're speaking of. If you tell me you don't know the rep of some of these people, they're connections and associations, and their various dealings, then yes, you are full of hot air. And its not simply a matter of guilt by association.

How exactly is Jeff Pesek or Iniquez or Dominick "more educated" than you? What fine institution of higher learning did any of them ever attend?

Gimmee a frickin' break....the ole "guilt by association, woe be me" defense. There's no defending criminal activity. NONE.

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on April 11, 2011, 01:44:31 PM
Mustang,

What part of Pesek being granted frickin' IMMUNITY for his testimony don't you understand? How hard is that to copmprehend? Pesek's "friends" weren't granted immunity, HE was. Now the question becomes, what was he granted immunity from?

You don't care who they associate with? Well, I'm sure a hell of a lot of 201 parents do. This is their hs board president we're speaking of. If you tell me you don't know the rep of some of these people, they're connections and associations, and their various dealings, then yes, you are full of hot air. And its not simply a matter of guilt by association.

How exactly is Jeff Pesek or Iniquez or Dominick "more educated" than you? What fine institution of higher learning did any of them ever attend?

Gimmee a frickin' break....the ole "guilt by association, woe be me" defense. There's no defending criminal activity. NONE.
They are not more educated than me, so what, I made my choice and they made theirs. They apparently view things different than I do. As far as criminal activity hey you should know more than I do you make your living off of it. And again I will not give you a frickin break, I judge people by what they do not the acts of others. Let me ask you this counselor,if you had a client asked to testify in a federal case would you first try and get him immunity?

mcaryl

Quote from: mustang54 on April 11, 2011, 01:10:40 PM

Under what pretense do individuals such as these choose to run? It certainly doesn't appear they have vested interests in children or education. And yes there are people related to criminals who do not partake in those activities, but a fair amount of organized crime is family business...
Berwyn resident 1988-2012.

Suzy Q

If Pesek had any respect for the school system, he would resign.  Then perhaps the person next in line, Maniotis, should take that spot.  I find it embarrassing for a person like that to be on the school board representing us. 
Another reason to separate Cicero and Berwyn.  We give them money and they run us.  Doesn't make sense.

Terri

Quote from: Suzy Q on April 11, 2011, 04:33:35 PM
If Pesek had any respect for the school system, he would resign.  Then perhaps the person next in line, Maniotis, should take that spot.  I find it embarrassing for a person like that to be on the school board representing us. 
Another reason to separate Cicero and Berwyn.  We give them money and they run us.  Doesn't make sense.
I would like our Mayor to step up and ask for his resignation. 

Ana

Quote from: Terri on April 11, 2011, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: Suzy Q on April 11, 2011, 04:33:35 PM
I would like our Mayor to step up and ask for his resignation. 

+1
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby