News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Need Help - Dog Lost in our area can't post the flyer

Started by billyjean, April 26, 2011, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyjean

Received a notice that dog ... female, 8mos, fawn (Nahla) was lost around 37th and Wesley.  I wanted to post the notice, which is in pdf format, but BTF won't accept cause it's too big.  Bonster, Brian ... anyone can you help.

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

Post it now... I just bumped up the max attachment size to 2MB...that should be sufficient.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

billyjean

Brian, I still get error message that file is too large and can't exceed 1024 kp?

I checked and the pdf is 1.03 mb.

I also created a document (.doc) where I copied to clipboard the pdf and pasted inside the .doc, and that is only 306 kp and it won't accept that either.

Keeks

I got an e-mail alert from HomeAgain.  I will keep my eye out for Nahla today.  I hope she's found quickly.

tgoddess

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

billyjean

It just seems to me that unless you are signed up for the email alerts ... and you print off their poster with picture and info ... there is virtually no way for you to post like on BTF and spread the word quicker.  What makes me think this even more ... when you go to Home Again's website, there is no way for you to browse around to look for pets lost in your own area.  All they want to do is send you an email notice ... like that is the end all be all.  I couldn't copy the picture ... as a picture ... it's embedded in that damn pdf.  I could have saved the picture then posted it here ... and then just offered the lil details.  Could have been over and done with ... but noooooooooooooooo.

Stuff like this drives me nuts ... cause it's taking something that should be sooooo simple ... and almost deliberately making it difficult.  For a microchip company to operate in this manner, when the whole idea is to find the pet as quickly as possible, is terrible.

billyjean

Quote from: tgoddess on April 26, 2011, 10:47:40 AM
It's not this little one, is it?

no goddess, it isn't.  I thought it would be nice to have a spot on BTF when ppl's pet are lost ... we get the word out fast.

BRIAN !!!! ... can you give me an email to you that is not tied to BTF (cause if it won't accept on a post it won't throught messages here either), and I will forward the email containing the pdf to you ... see if you can do what I could not.

billyjean

billyjean

Homebody

I could open the file. I'll keep my eyes open for the cutie. Marge

marie

Bonster

I see it.  Not sure why it wouldn't take the PDF, though those can be large...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: billyjean on April 26, 2011, 10:54:16 AM
It just seems to me that unless you are signed up for the email alerts ... and you print off their poster with picture and info ... there is virtually no way for you to post like on BTF and spread the word quicker.  What makes me think this even more ... when you go to Home Again's website, there is no way for you to browse around to look for pets lost in your own area.  All they want to do is send you an email notice ... like that is the end all be all. 

I agree - that's messed up.  We should write them about that...

billyjean

good ... glad you guys could see.  Oh it must be just horrible when your dog is lost.  (sigh)

Bonster

littlealexa

I'll be on the look out for her, please keep us posted!  Truly hope she is reunited with her owner.