News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Liriano no hits Bridgeport

Started by The Jackal, May 03, 2011, 11:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

Record setting day for the Sox...no hit by Liriano while moving into sole possession of worst record in baseball.

KUDOS to Mssr. Reinsdorf, the brilliant management team which put this train wreck together, and the marketing genius who came up with "ALL IN"!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seebee

Wow.
I hope you are kidding, and it seems to me you are since you make intelligent posts. So, ok, you definitely can poke fun at the "Good Guys" so far, but true baseball fans know that it's a marathon, and not a sprint. This season is so young that nobody should really be worried. The only things I'm worried about now are Pierre showing his age, and Jake Peavy pulling a "Pavano" on the organization. I didn't like the Dunn signing, but he'll get his annual numbers, and Rios could turn back into "that guy with all the potential in the world." When it's all said and done in fall, we'll see. It'd also be nice for someone to slap Thornton and say, "It's ok kid, you're back in the eighth now. Snap out of it!"

The Jackal

Just having a little fun seebeee, just having a little fun.....

Intelligent posts?

Where did you see that?

I'm either shitting up threads or commenting on things I shouldn't since I don't live here/there. LOL!

Bonster

Quote from: The Jackal on May 04, 2011, 06:00:56 AM
I'm either shitting up threads or commenting on things I shouldn't since I don't live here/there. LOL!

here/there?!  LOL  He's omnipresent, folks!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: seebee on May 04, 2011, 05:50:40 AM
but true baseball fans know that it's a marathon, and not a sprint.

I don't buy that anymore...  Every game counts seebee, particularly when you need that one game late in the season.

Bonster

seebee

Quote from: bonster on May 04, 2011, 07:14:29 AM
Quote from: seebee on May 04, 2011, 05:50:40 AM
but true baseball fans know that it's a marathon, and not a sprint.

I don't buy that anymore...  Every game counts seebee, particularly when you need that one game late in the season.

I hear you, and I agree, but to call them a train wreck so early...
I wish they could be winning some of these easy early ones, because they really might need them later. However, this early in the season, there is plenty of time for some serious win streaks. It's very far from throwing in a towel. Frustrating, yes, but they are far from being a train wreck.

And no Jackal, I'm not all taking this all seriously or nothin like that. I'd poke fun at them too if I was a fan of another team.

pkd50

I talked a SOX fan off the ledge last night by promising to sell his season seats.   Any takers?

The Jackal

The Jackal

Quote from: pkd50 on May 04, 2011, 10:21:17 AM
I talked a SOX fan off the ledge last night by promising to sell his season seats.   Any takers?

Is this him, pkd?