News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Question for my friends South of the Border

Started by The Jackal, May 05, 2011, 10:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

If supporting a winning/better baseball team is indeed your rationale for beoing fans of the Bridgeport Black Sox, how in good conscience can any of you still claim to be fans of that train wreck you're trying to pass off as a major league club on 35th and Shields?

pkd50

We're doing it the same way the Cub fans have been doing it for the past century.  It's not easy as you well know.

The Jackal

LOL....

So then winning baseball ISN'T really the reason you're all Sox fans, is it?

P.S. 2007-2009 anyone?

Bonster

Quote from: pkd50 on May 05, 2011, 10:14:43 AM
We're doing it the same way the Cub fans have been doing it for the past century.  It's not easy as you well know.

Actually doing it the same way the sox fans have been doing it for the past century, save for one lucky year.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

dukesdad

Ted

Quote from: bonster on May 05, 2011, 10:24:15 AMActually doing it the same way the sox fans have been doing it for the past century, save for one lucky year.

Actually, two world championships for the White Sox for the past century, compared to 0 for the Cubs.

mustang54

Quote from: Ted on May 05, 2011, 01:31:38 PM
Quote from: bonster on May 05, 2011, 10:24:15 AMActually doing it the same way the sox fans have been doing it for the past century, save for one lucky year.

Actually, two world championships for the White Sox for the past century, compared to 0 for the Cubs.
Damn 2 in a century! Let me run out and buy a Sox hat!! How bout it Andy, you ALL IN  with me on this one?  NOTTT!

The Jackal

So was 1908, but that's not what we're talking about.

The question I have is how can someone support a team with the WORST RECORD IN ALL OF BASEBALL, when the rational given for supporting that team in the first place is that they put a winning team on the field? And what was the rationale for supporting them pre 2005?

seebee

Quote from: The Jackal on May 05, 2011, 10:17:43 AM
LOL....

So then winning baseball ISN'T really the reason you're all Sox fans, is it?

P.S. 2007-2009 anyone?
Have your fun now. I'm betting MLB is not as dismissive of our "Good Guys" as you are.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: The Jackal on May 05, 2011, 01:42:33 PM
So was 1908, but that's not what we're talking about.

The question I have is how can someone support a team with the WORST RECORD IN ALL OF BASEBALL, when the rational given for supporting that team in the first place is that they put a winning team on the field? And what was the rationale for supporting them pre 2005?

Are you a Cubs fan?

Not growing up here, I always wonder how Cubs fans can pick on the sox.  It isn't like anyone is confusing the Cubs with the Yankees...
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Robert Pauly

Thanks, Brian - I was going to make that point.

The Jackal

Well Brian, MOST people in Chicago are Cubs fans, like myself, and no, I'm not picking on the White Sox, I'm asking how somebody south of the border can justify rooting for them given how awful they are. After all, THEY'RE the ones who always pound their chests about being Sox fans because they put a good product on the field. So what's their rationale now?

But...even if that wasn't their rationale, why pick on the Black Sox? Cause they're the Black Sox! LOL!!!!!

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: The Jackal on May 05, 2011, 02:04:39 PM
Well Brian, MOST peaople in Chicago are Cubs fans, like myself, and no, I'm not picking on the White Sox, I'm asking how somebody south of the border can justify rooting for them given how awful they are. After all, THEY'RE the ones who always pound their chests about being Sox fans because they put a good product on the field. So what's their rationale now?

But...even if that wasn't their rationale, why pick on the Black Sox? Cause they're the Black Sox! LOL!!!!!

I guess cuz I didn't grow up here, I guess I miss the distinction of...well, it is like the guy wading through cow shit making fun of the guy wading through horse shit.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

The Jackal

Yeah, I guess something like that....btw, what baseball team do you support?

Bonster

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 05, 2011, 01:46:10 PM
Are you a Cubs fan?

Not growing up here, I always wonder how Cubs fans can pick on the sox. 
Quote from: Robert Pauly on May 05, 2011, 01:53:37 PM
Thanks, Brian - I was going to make that point.

Geez... that's easy.

We like teeth.  (and showers)

Bonster

Quote from: mustang54 on May 05, 2011, 01:40:54 PM
Quote from: Ted on May 05, 2011, 01:31:38 PM

Damn 2 in a century! Let me run out and buy a Sox hat!! How bout it Andy, you ALL IN  with me on this one?  NOTTT!

LMFAO

The Jackal

Can anyone post the photo of the sox fan with the bag over his head in the Trib today?

Hilarious stuff...not to mention the photo of Ozzie and Kenny playing the $129,000,000.00 Pyramid!

Fantastic stuff!!!

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: The Jackal on May 05, 2011, 02:17:35 PM
Yeah, I guess something like that....btw, what baseball team do you support?

None...Gave up on pro ball long ago.

Parker, Bonds, Van Slyke time-frame.

The Jackal

Ahhh, I see....so you gave up on the Pirates once they stopped contending?

OPS meet Bob Pauly, Mr. Pauly meet OPS.......your Yankee cap fitting has been scheduled for 6pm.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: The Jackal on May 05, 2011, 03:50:40 PM
Ahhh, I see....so you gave up on the Pirates once they stopped contending?

OPS meet Bob Pauly, Mr. Pauly meet OPS.......your Yankee cap fitting has been scheduled for 6pm.

You jump to conclusions.  It wasn't that they stopped contending.  Figure out the reason...