News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Noisy Neighbors??

Started by Fer, May 07, 2011, 07:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diona

LOL...I just may have to ask him!  :D

He did a lil scare a couple nights ago.  We have a neighbor that has family/friends come by & they always ring our bell.  Don't know if they can't read properly, just don't give a sh** * ring anybodies door or are just plain stupid.  He got tired of it, went downstairs, rang the hell out of their bell, then came up & told them to PLEASE stop ringing our bell.  The woman that answered looked at him, said she was sorry & she would make sure it wouldn't happen again.  :o  We will see if she was scared enough to listen to him THIS time!

berwyn senator

Just another pain in the ass is something I named the asshole's door bell, car horns at all hours.These lazy buggers pull up in front of the houses block the street and honk away.Then down she comes three kids 10 more minutes while trying to get everone in the car,these people just don't get it

~LL~

Quote from: berwyn senator on May 13, 2011, 07:07:53 AM
Just another pain in the ass is something I named the asshole's door bell, car horns at all hours.These lazy buggers pull up in front of the houses block the street and honk away.Then down she comes three kids 10 more minutes while trying to get everone in the car,these people just don't get it

What gets me about this particularly prevalent activity is that it is a rare person who doesn't have a cell phone these days -- and the drivers could call to let their passengers know they were either on the block or about to be... but, I guess, why use up minutes when one can disturb a whole neighborhood with their ignorance?

If they are double parking & honking, call Berwyn PD - especially if it is later at night. Report "suspicious vehicle" (they could be waiting for curb service for their drug order...).  An officer on patrol just might be near by and can 'inconvenience' them a little...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

scottymac

LL, don't even have to use the any minutes if you don't want to.

I just tell the kids or the wife that I'll ring them when I'm pulling up. Don't answer, just pop out.

honkytonkstar

A little off topic, but speaking about pick up / drop off and common courtesy among neighbors, what is it with people who can not pull over into an open parking spot when picking up/dropping off someone and instead double parking and blocking traffic with open spots on the side in plain view? Lazy motherf-ers!! I understand to a certain extent to double park if there is absolutely no spot, but dropping off a whole family including kids sometimes and block the street for several minutes while others are stuck behind is no excuse. Geez, for that purpose you can even pull up in front of a fire hydrant as long as you stay in the car. The honking in this case would come from me!!!   Rant over...  offtopic

n01_important

Quote from: berwyn senator on May 13, 2011, 07:07:53 AM

Don't be angry, feel bad for them... you see, their parents didn't have time to teach 'em courtesy and manners.  Their dad was probably in jail for dealing and their mom was probably too busy prostituting herself for $10 a trick.   ;D
Stupid fuck

Bonster

$10?? Tell her to honk in front of my house.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

~LL~

Quote from: scottymac on May 13, 2011, 01:14:16 PM
LL, don't even have to use the any minutes if you don't want to.

I just tell the kids or the wife that I'll ring them when I'm pulling up. Don't answer, just pop out.

Very clever!  thanks for the tip.

~LL~

Quote from: honkytonkstar on May 13, 2011, 03:15:12 PM
A little off topic, but speaking about pick up / drop off and common courtesy among neighbors, what is it with people who can not pull over into an open parking spot when picking up/dropping off someone and instead double parking and blocking traffic with open spots on the side in plain view? Lazy motherf-ers!!

Drug dealers and/or their 'customers' are the ones who most often double park - for the obvious reason of a possible quick get away -- before a neighborhood watch-bitch can get their plate # -- or a 50 is spotted.

I agree that others who routinely do this are just as lazy as they are inconsiderate.  If you are behind them and can get their plate # -- call PD and report and give  direction of travel if they should take off before  officer arrives.  Might be an officer in the area able to see them holding up traffic by double parking.  I've gotten the finger many a time from such rude turds -- the nerve of me to honk at them while they are blocking my passage.  With or without available parking spot -- it is illegal to hold up traffic at any time for any reason - except for police or fire vehicles. 

Bonster

Quote from: ~LL~ on May 14, 2011, 11:14:34 AM
Quote from: honkytonkstar on May 13, 2011, 03:15:12 PM
A little off topic, but speaking about pick up / drop off and common courtesy among neighbors, what is it with people who can not pull over into an open parking spot when picking up/dropping off someone and instead double parking and blocking traffic with open spots on the side in plain view? Lazy motherf-ers!!

Drug dealers and/or their 'customers' are the ones who most often double park - for the obvious reason of a possible quick get away -- before a neighborhood watch-bitch can get their plate # -- or a 50 is spotted.

We've had this discussion here before with Boris and I generally disagree with that assertion.  Unless those are extremely dumbass customers/dealers, they would park and go inside so as not to be seen. 

That said, we do have a Chicago-style element whose normal MO is street corner rock... so, maybe.

Fer

OK, ranting again about these same a-hole neighbors.  They really don't have a freakin' clue! 

Pretty much most nights of the week, they start grilling around 9 or so, and several of them sit out in the back yard, laughing and yucking it up, all accompanied by the thump-thump-thump-y base music that comes out of the garage.  This will go on till all hours.  I'm not kidding.

Per suggestions here and elsewhere, we have been calling Berwyn P.D.  We had to call them twice last night, and after the first visit, they turned the music way down for awhile.  This was around 11 p.m.  Then shortly after the police left, it was cranked back up again.  They came again around midnight, and we distinctly heard the woman who lives there say, "It's not that loud."  Who cares?  If we can hear it at midnight on a Monday with all of our windows & doors closed, it's too loud! 

Also, they were given citations for running a chop shop out of their garage, and blight may be the next ticket.  They have two cars up on blocks behind the house, and a nice big couch on their front porch.  Classy, huh?

Anyone know how much longer we should have to put up with this crap?  How many times does someone have to have police visit their house...these are renters...before they are asked to leave?  I know that's wishful thinking....

Thanks, I feel better now...

"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

renovatorbear

So sorry that you are having to deal with this.  I know we would be losing our minds by now if it was going on next door to us. 

Berwyn Patsy

Can the police or city put pressure on the owner of the rental?
That is a terrible way for you to have to live!  What ever you do do not stop calling the
Police.

Bonster

They came again around midnight, and we distinctly heard the woman who lives there say, "It's not that loud."

You're right- she doesn't have a clue.  If "not that loud" is loud enough to keep you up that's too loud.  Sorry, this is a suburb, not the city. 

I didn't know from your previous posts these idiots were renters.  This is why we need some kind of housing ordinance to get on these absentee landlords for allowing such crap renters. 

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bonster on June 14, 2011, 08:51:05 AM
They came again around midnight, and we distinctly heard the woman who lives there say, "It's not that loud."

You're right- she doesn't have a clue.  If "not that loud" is loud enough to keep you up that's too loud.  Sorry, this is a suburb, not the city. 

I didn't know from your previous posts these idiots were renters.  This is why we need some kind of housing ordinance to get on these absentee landlords for allowing such crap renters. 

We had one.

DCOB got rid of it.

#6 was supposed to introduce a new one, not sure that he ever did.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

littlealexa

Are these neighbors new to the area?  I got rid of some ass-hat tenants a couple of months ago (sounds like them).   Partying all the time with 50 or so folks in the backyard.  They intimidated folks around the area, finally had to drag them to court and of course gave me a hard time for a couple of months.  One time one guy was high on something and bi%$3d me out, I called the cops and they said they couldn't do anything about it since he did not threaten me, go figure. 

Keep on calling the police; if they are renters, find out who the landlord is via public records and contact him/her.

Sandy

Just be aware of the fact that the law often sides with tenants. We tried for over a year to get rid of ours. Police were at my house monthly if not more. They finally moved and left me with over $2000 of damage and unpaid rent. (I know that's  very little compared to what they could of done. ) The police can only do so much, you just have to keep up the pressure and hope the jerks move on. As for screening, there is again only so much you can do. I got lucky so far this time, but if my current tenants decide to move, I really hope a famiy member of mine needs a place instead of doing this crap shoot again.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

PamF

What about the other neighbors around this house?  Are they being woken up as well.  Can you guys band together and get everyone to call the police every night?  Seems like the cops aren't taking it real serious.

Fer

Just got off the phone with Officer Sassetti.  He (they) are working on this problem.  He spoke to the out-of-state owner of the home, and he was appalled at what's been going on.  When Sassetti told him he could be fined if the problems persisted, he was very concerned. 

Also, Sassetti told me that a video van would be posted in front of their house, just to let them know they are being watched.

And, the neighbor on the other side of these jerks has become my ally in this whole process.  We are taking turns call BPD, etc.  They are also long-time residents who are disgusted by what's been going on.

One thing that Sassetti reminded me of was that sometimes the wheels of justice can turn slowly.  But he did say that they are doing what they can, and he encouraged us to keep calling BPD, and they will do their best. 

So while these jerks are still there...I'm encouraged  that at least someone is trying to do something about the problem.

The other night, the idios were out in the yard, yukking it up until past 4 a.m.!!! 

Thanks for all the great ideas here!  I'll keep you informed.
"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

~LL~

Quote from: Fer on June 15, 2011, 01:30:44 PM
Just got off the phone with Officer Sassetti.  He (they) are working on this problem.  He spoke to the out-of-state owner of the home, and he was appalled at what's been going on.  When Sassetti told him he could be fined if the problems persisted, he was very concerned. 

Also, Sassetti told me that a video van would be posted in front of their house, just to let them know they are being watched.

And, the neighbor on the other side of these jerks has become my ally in this whole process.  We are taking turns call BPD, etc.  They are also long-time residents who are disgusted by what's been going on.

One thing that Sassetti reminded me of was that sometimes the wheels of justice can turn slowly.  But he did say that they are doing what they can, and he encouraged us to keep calling BPD, and they will do their best. 

So while these jerks are still there...I'm encouraged  that at least someone is trying to do something about the problem.

The other night, the idios were out in the yard, yukking it up until past 4 a.m.!!! 

Thanks for all the great ideas here!  I'll keep you informed.

s
Sorry you had to endure it as long as you have - but good for you for reporting and glad you have an ally.  Jim Sassetti is 1st rate and will follow through for you.