From Berwyn Senator

Started by rbain, June 03, 2011, 07:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbain

"I don't give a rats ass what any one thinks or writes.The one thing that must remain is always take the high road respecting ones opinions and thoughts Shit did say respect? A forgotten word today."
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

berwynson

Quote from: rbain on June 03, 2011, 07:44:33 AM
"I don't give a rats ass what any one thinks or writes.The one thing that must remain is always take the high road respecting ones opinions and thoughts Shit did say respect? A forgotten word today."

So, my thick head has evidently finally come to understand the existence of this particular topic heading: to point out notable posts by the originator, without assessing them in any way?

Isn't the whole idea redundant or repetitive, since that was already done in the thread in which they appeared? Let's take it a step deeper yet: a topic dedicated to displaying and wordlessly evaluating the poster's intent in posting in THIS thread. Eventually, everyone can wonder if everyone is nuts here.   berwynson

rbain

Those three sentences are self-assessing.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

berwynson

Quote from: rbain on June 03, 2011, 12:36:03 PM
Those three sentences are self-assessing.

You ARE quick to answer! But, which three sentences, his, or mine?   berwynson

Ted

The only restaurant that has been consistent since I was a kid is White Castle,they smell the same and cause the same digestive issues!

berwyn senator

I find this site amusing especially during the winter months,if it were not for the Berwynson I Probably would not have become involved. Maybe there are more out there who enjoyed growing up in Berwyn when we did, I would love to hear from them. How I came to this site is anyones guess,it just happened during a late night of work.Hopefully I will remember more of the nonsense from years past,although the time we shared does not interest others."I may repeat I don't give a rats ass about politics,the town bullshit,schools or who's banging who" My only care is having a good time sharing a cold one and good conversation with friends of which there are few,others are only Chudaks".To a good friend Berwynson"

berwynson

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 13, 2011, 10:49:37 PM
................To a good friend Berwynson".....................

Thanks kindly, young man! I will never forget the way you expressed yourself.......most eloquent! Leaving that old basement on Harvey one time, you said, "OK to leave the Plymouth here? I'm too polluted to drive". Then we all laughed like hell!

Those WERE the days!

berwynson

berwyn senator

Many a time the old Plymouth somehow was lost,walking was the only means of survival.I can remember sneaking in the house really screwed up without the car,everything was cool I was in bed when the old man went running out side because of all the noise in the alley,first words out if his mouth"whats that GD kid doing so late,I heard my mother say he's in bed.Ted.Basso and Pat with whom I was indulging were pushing my car down the alley.Ted and Basso were pushing and lard ass Pat was steering, they were really loud laughing and hollering at each other.Shit I thought I'm busted,I heard my old man say what the hell is wrong with you kids,none could stand very well let alone speak, the old man asked were you guys drinking  all of you all smell from whiskey.Their classic answer"just a little bit"the old man ran them off,came in the house bitching like hell took my keys and parked the car.I was shitting in my pants I new what was coming,before he came back the room started spinning. I tossed my cookies,bright red, my mother thought I was bleeding,I heard him say he's drunk,get the tub ready, in I went ice cold water.Oh well back on foot again.

berwynson

Doggone, I remember that time, fortunate then I was not too involved, only providing the "crashing place". But, was there not another one where you "accidently" parked the car in some neighbor's garage by mistake?

Hell, I got the blame for ushering in drunkeness in the group! Guys just wanna have fun! (ask cyndi).

berwynson

berwyn senator

Even though I was sentenced to walking,George's Imperial was the ace in the hole.Never a good driver when sober,so the fun would begin after consuming some wine in the basement on Harvey ave.We would crawl out of the basement to the famed Imperial,Charlie would bitch about George driving but went along any way. George would start the car,then exclaim,"watch me torque"as he floored the car in neutral than dropping the shift lever in drive ,off the Imperial went,Charlie would roar with laughter as the car smoked and squealed the bald tires.Then shit the lights could be seen in the rear, Berwyn's finest got us.Some how we would come up with a good line of B.S. and they let us go,imagine that!George would go in the back seat and either Ted or I would drive George home.Charlie would be laughing all the way.Another night of nonsense!

berwynson

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 15, 2011, 06:25:22 PM
........Another night of nonsense!

So true! I would add, that despite the tales of drunken driving activity, never once in all those years (to my knowledge) did any one of our group receive a DUI or be involved in any kind of automobile accident. Just luck? I think not; rather, slightly buzzed, but still in control, categorized the scene.

ABSOLUTE BEST incident: Cop leans into George's Imperial on passenger side, sniffing, George runs the power window up, catches and entraps the cop's cap visor, and proceeds to drive out of the McDonalds lot on Roosevelt! Hilarious, to see the cop running after him!

berwynson

berwyn senator

So true,never a DUI or major accident related to whiskey,we new when to walk.Speaking of walking I remember one evening leaving the Harvey salon with two girls who were in no shape to return home.Ted and I wanted to get ride of them so we could meet Charlie who was on his way from Iowa.Ted and I kept walking them around the block trying to sober them up,as we staggered back and forth down the sidewalk a familiar laugh could be heard,Charlie arrived.In the car and over to George's house transferring to the Imperial off we were to get some coffee.One of the young ladies became sick in the back seat all over the floor.Stunk like hell, over to the Clark gas station on Roosevelt to use the facilities. Charlie exited the car laughing, the girls left to clean up in the washroom ,Ted bitched about the odor George tried to clean up the mess,No way was I helping I just stood outside the car  and laughed with Charlie. Soon we left taking the girls at home,then to George's house to try and get the smell out of the back seat, cheap deodorizer and a piece of old carpeting over the spot and off we went

Ted

Quote from: dukesdad on January 03, 2014, 10:48:23 AM
For a kid like this, $1800 shoes are a good investment. I'm sure he had no intention of wearing them, but of finding someone that would pay him $2500 for them. People collect shoes just like you used to collect stamps or coins, there appears to be an active market on eBay for this particular shoe. Perhaps he had visions of turning them over and raising some quick Christmas cash.

Quote from: berwyn senator on January 03, 2014, 04:07:02 PM
Would have been better off clicking the heels twice.

~LL~

Quote from: Ted on January 03, 2014, 04:40:04 PM
Quote from: dukesdad on January 03, 2014, 10:48:23 AM
For a kid like this, $1800 shoes are a good investment. I'm sure he had no intention of wearing them, but of finding someone that would pay him $2500 for them. People collect shoes just like you used to collect stamps or coins, there appears to be an active market on eBay for this particular shoe. Perhaps he had visions of turning them over and raising some quick Christmas cash.

Quote from: berwyn senator on January 03, 2014, 04:07:02 PM
Would have been better off clicking the heels twice.

+! -- LOL!  good one, Senator!
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Ted

TOPIC: Deportation protest marchers coming to Cicero, Berwyn April 7

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 31, 2014, 05:34:40 PM
Lets hope it rains!!!!!

Quote from: markberwyn on March 31, 2014, 05:48:37 PM
Why do you hope it rains?

Quote from: berwyn senator on March 31, 2014, 07:02:45 PM
Because I am going fishing and always catch fish in the rain.

Quote from: markberwyn on March 31, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
It was a serious question, senator. What's your problem with the march?

Quote from: B o n s t e r on March 31, 2014, 10:44:39 PM
He's hoping it gets postponed because he wanted to join them, but he's going fishing.