News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Netflix Streaming

Started by OICU812, July 06, 2011, 08:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OICU812

I must say that I've ben streaming Netflix for a few years and it rocks. Yes, you may have to wait for some titles to become available, and some won't but for the most part we watch 95% of tv via streaming Netflix. Good stuff. My blockbuster account has cobwebs and tumble weeds bouncing around it.

jfrickind

I love my Roku and Netflix.  They have some different things on there that I wouldn't normally watch which is cool.  Right now I'm working through Eureka - the first 3 seasons. 

JD

OICU812

We just finished the PBS series "Circus". Very entertaining. Thumbs up!

jfrickind

I started watching that but the kids were up and I wasn't sure what they would have on there.

You gotta watch "the man from Earth" if it's still on there.

Diona

Love Netflix!  I don't stream a ton, but I do like having that option & getting the Blu-Ray movies in the mail for a whole lot less each month than paying for PPV movies.

OakParkSpartan

I love it through my Apple TV.

BTW, AppleTV movies are cheaper to rent than DirecTV movies onDemand.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

jfrickind

Amazon video rentals are sometimes cheaper still.  And buying is usually cheaper from Amazon.

I still don't like my Apple TV2g as much as my Roku.  We only use the Apple TV to stream our iTunes.  We even upped our internet speed and it still chops.

JD

Guy_on_Clinton

if you have cable (sat or cable) and have HBO package.... you are able to get HBOGO.com for free with your subscription.......  it is awesome....  check it out to stream a full library of HBO movies and shows....   

www.hbogo.com

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

dukesdad

QuoteWe even upped our internet speed and it still chops

The key to getting Apple TV to stream flawlessly is to run an Ethernet cable to it. Upping your connection speed does no good unless you can get the bandwidth to the Apple TV. Wireless just doesn't get it done.

jfrickind

It's hardwired in.  Still choppy.  But the updates that are coming with iOS 5 will make it worth it!

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: jfrickind on July 07, 2011, 11:48:57 AM
Amazon video rentals are sometimes cheaper still.  And buying is usually cheaper from Amazon.

I still don't like my Apple TV2g as much as my Roku.  We only use the Apple TV to stream our iTunes.  We even upped our internet speed and it still chops.

JD

I don't have a device for Amazon movies...which sucks because a bunch of them are free.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

tgoddess

I plug my laptop directly into the tv to watch movies (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon). 
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie