News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Our beloved teams

Started by Noble Falcon, July 06, 2011, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble Falcon

What does BTF think? Is the season over for both?

mustang54

Quote from: Noble Falcon on July 06, 2011, 09:12:05 PM
What does BTF think? Is the season over for both?
The seasons for our beloved teams Bears,Bulls,and Blackhawks have been over. If your talking about our minor league baseball teams I think now they are both all in, in deep shit and for a long time. Each has a good young shortstop and thats about it. Both farm systems have been depleted by trades for over priced has beens or never weres. Actually the sport as a whole is in huge decline do to a lack of talent. Maybe its time to put them all on the roids again. I would rather watch the lawn grow than watch baseball. I can't believe how Jim Hendry when interviewed keeps bragging about them making the freakin playoffs twice since hes been here. Atta boy Jim keep setting that bar really high. Have another cocktail pal!

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on July 06, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
Each has a good young shortstop and thats about it.

Alexi Ramirez is NOT young...I believe he's either 30 or VERY close to 30.

QuoteBoth farm systems have been depleted by trades for over priced has beens or never weres.

BZZZZZTTTTT. WRONG.

The Cubs farm system has produced Starlin Castro, Darwin Barney, Carlos Marmol, Sean Marshall, Andrew Cashner and Geovany Soto the last couple of years.

The ONLY top prospect they have traded is Chris Archer (for Garza).

Noble Falcon

Thanks Mustang and Jackal this pretty much sums it up!

buzz

Quote from: The Jackal on July 06, 2011, 10:38:48 PM
This is cracking me up !
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on July 06, 2011, 10:38:48 PM
Quote from: mustang54 on July 06, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
Each has a good young shortstop and thats about it.

QuoteBoth farm systems have been depleted by trades for over priced has beens or never weres.

BZZZZZTTTTT. WRONG.

The Cubs farm system has produced Starlin Castro, Darwin Barney, Carlos Marmol, Sean Marshall, Andrew Cashner and Geovany Soto the last couple of years.

The ONLY top prospect they have traded is Chris Archer (for Garza).

Jackal the key word in your post is HAS. According to all the baseball experts on MLB,Fox and everywhere else the cuboard is bear. And I'm not real excited about anyone you mentioned other than Castro and Marmol. In fact a guy from MLB channel said tonight they pretty much need to implode their entire minor league system. After not winning in over 100 years I would have to agree with him. Their system has sucked for years now. They need a total house cleaning from top to bottom.
  BTW apparently no one told the Twinkies the Sox are all in and as usual they came to town tonight and gave em a spankin.

The Jackal

You don't like Barney...or Marshall?

In any event, look around baseball and tell me how many teams have how many of their own products on their 25 man rosters. You would surprised how productive the Cubs farm system has been compared to their counterparts.

mustang54

Quote from: The Jackal on July 07, 2011, 11:51:58 PM

In any event, look around baseball and tell me how many teams have how many of their own products on their 25 man rosters. You would surprised how productive the Cubs farm system has been compared to their counterparts.
Hmmm,Hmmmmm. Not the Blacksox,if I had to guess I would probably guess Atlanta,or maybe the Reds. I'll give ya Marshall this year he's been pretty darn consistent. Not a Barney fan.

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on July 08, 2011, 12:02:52 AM
Quote from: The Jackal on July 07, 2011, 11:51:58 PM

Hmmm,Hmmmmm. Not the Blacksox,if I had to guess I would probably guess Atlanta,or maybe the Reds. I'll give ya Marshall this year he's been pretty darn consistent. Not a Barney fan.

That's the whole point...you REALLY have to think to come up with a team that's developed as much talent.

I absolutely love that kid Barney...and Andrew Cashner looked like the real deal before getting hurt, like a front end of the rotation guy. Also, don't forget that Angel Guzman was looking awfully good before he went down over a year ago. That's a LOT of homegrown talent over a very short period of time.

mustang54

I don't know if you ever saw Angel Guzman when the Cubs first signed him. I saw him on tv in a preseason game from Arizona. His curveball was every bit as good as the young Kerry Wood and maybe even a little better. Its a shame all the injurys he's gone through he was a really talented kid.