News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Waving the white flag

Started by Ted, July 28, 2011, 06:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Jackson and Teahan are gone.  Rios benched. Too bad they can't dump Rios, Peavy and Dunn and bring back Daniel Hudson, Ryan Sweeney, Nick Masset, Chris Getz and Clayton Richards.

The Jackal

That's the GREAT GM you were bragging about not so long ago, the boy genius Kenny.....

So lets see, boy genius gets hoodwinked into believing Washington is interested in Edwin Jackson for Dunn, so Williams in his infinite wisdom acquires a pitcher he DOESN'T want (if he DID want Jackson Edwin would still be in pinstripes) for his TOP PITCHING PROSPECT...and then can't unload him for Dunn....LOL!!!!

So what does he do in the summer? Goes and pays an additional kings ransom for Dunn!!!! LOL!

Fast forward a few months later, he has a pitcher he doesn't want making eight figures and a mega bust DH at about $14M/annum.........while Hudson is in Arizona making peanuts. LOL!!!

Funny how Sox fans continuously rationalize Williams' incompetence by claiming they're giving up prospects (Richards, Hudson, Gonzalez, etc...) for major league ready players and every team does so, but what they TOTALLY discount is the fact that they're also adding mega salary when they bring in some of these vets, which necessarily impacts other moves the club could/should make.

For example, the Sox rolled the dice that adding Jackson's and Dunn's salaries would put them over the top in the division...while going into the season with GAPING holes at closer and 3B, among others. Now at the trade deadline they need a power hitting 3B...but they can't afford one...so they start dumping salary...LOL!!!!

Not that Hendry on the other side of town is all that better, but....I TOLD YOU SO....a few months ago!

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on July 28, 2011, 07:20:54 AM
That's the GREAT GM you were bragging about not so long ago, the boy genius Kenny.....
... Not that Hendry on the other side of town is all that better, but....I TOLD YOU SO....a few months ago!

Huh?  You were the one saying Hendry was the boy genius.  I still say compared to Hendry, Williams has done better.

mustang54

The real question is after yesterdays salary dump are they still "ALL IN." Or will Kenny dump some more.

Ted

Quote from: mustang54 on July 28, 2011, 09:47:09 AM
  The real question is after yesterdays salary dump are they still "ALL IN." Or will Kenny dump some more.

I wish to hell they would dump Rios and Dunn.  But, I doubt they can get rid of them at their salaries. No one's going to want Rios at $15 million per year.

And, I still don't get why they're so pig-headed and continue to have Dunn bat cleanup when a lefty is pitching. 

mustang54

After giving up 18 runs and suffering their 5th loss in a row can a team still be ALL IN?? DON'T STOP NOW BOYS!!

dukesdad

I went Tuesday night, very disappointing. They put a lineup on the field that 9 guys from BTF could beat. The Yanks pitched some guy named Hughes, Sox made him look like Bob Gibson. Danks looked like he was pitching batting practice. Dunn, as much as I want to love him, looks like a stiff in the field, and Stevie Wonder at the plate.

The Jackal

Quote from: Ted on July 28, 2011, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: mustang54 on July 28, 2011, 09:47:09 AM

I wish to hell they would dump Rios and Dunn.  But, I doubt they can get rid of them at their salaries. No one's going to want Rios at $15 million per year.

And, I still don't get why they're so pig-headed and continue to have Dunn bat cleanup when a lefty is pitching.  

WHOAAAAAAA....back up here...it was just a short while ago that Williams was being hailed as the BOY GENIUS for picking up Rios on waivers, even though he got hoodwinked into taking on the contract by believeing the Tigers would have picked him up. Now, a short time later, it looks like the disasterous move it really was at the time.

Ditto for Dunn. In his haste to prove a point, the Boy Wonder traded away his top pitching prospect for a 5th starter he didn't want...and no longer has.....and THEN went ahead and spent mega bucks over 4 years for the guy who caused the mess in the first place...Dunnn...who's a DUD, as ANYONE in the NL who saw him play could have attested to. LOL!!!!!

The Jackal

Quote from: dukesdad on August 04, 2011, 08:55:47 AM
I went Tuesday night, very disappointing. They put a lineup on the field that 9 guys from BTF could beat. The Yanks pitched some guy named Hughes, Sox made him look like Bob Gibson. Danks looked like he was pitching batting practice. Dunn, as much as I want to love him, looks like a stiff in the field, and Stevie Wonder at the plate.

Has there ever been more HOOPLA and commotion over a SUB .500 3rd to 4th place team than this one?

Don't look now, but the Sox are almost as close in record to the Cubs as they are to the Tigers...and the Twins are breathing down their necks for that coveted AL Central 3rd place!!!!

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on August 04, 2011, 01:42:54 PM

WHOAAAAAAA....back up here...it was just a short while ago that Williams was being hailed as the BOY GENIUS...

Nope. He was hailed as having done better than Hendry. That was the debate and Williams still comes out ahead of Hendry.

mustang54

Quote from: Ted on August 04, 2011, 06:10:05 PM

WHOAAAAAAA....back up here...it was just a short while ago that Williams was being hailed as the BOY GENIUS...

Nope. He was hailed as having done better than Hendry. That was the debate and Williams still comes out ahead of Hendry.
Ted neither of them comes out ahead of the other. They are both in the second largest market in baseball. They are 5th and 6th in payroll and what do they have to show for it? NOTHING. Overpaid has beens they can't move,horrible starting pitching,and NOTHING in their minor league systems. It's like they were both cut from the same mold. Both organizations need to have a total house cleaning. Put the bats and balls away and drop the puck!

buzz

Quote from: mustang54 on August 04, 2011, 09:16:07 PM
Both organizations need to have a total house cleaning.
Does anyone think ( as I do ) that both Quade and Ozzie will be gone next year ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

mustang54

Quote from: buzz on August 04, 2011, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: mustang54 on August 04, 2011, 09:16:07 PM
Both organizations need to have a total house cleaning.
Does anyone think ( as I do ) that both Quade and Ozzie will be gone next year ?
Buzz that is the 64,000 dollar question. From what I read of the Ricketts in the short time they have had the Cubs I don't think they are smart enough to let people go with time left on their contracts. I don't think they are willing  to pay someone not to work and yet another to replace them. I hope I'm wrong. I think Quade and his entire staff are in over their heads. Ozzie I can't stand anymore all he talks about is money.
 The biggest fear I have is both g m's keep their jobs. I don't trust either one to hire a new manager or fix their ball clubs. Both have proven they are incompetent many times over. I did hear a rumor on the radio today that either Ozzie or Williams will be gone. Rumor has it it will be Ozzie. The guy also said Larussa will leave the Cards and come to the Sox to end his career here with Ozzie going to the Marlins. If Ricketts has a clue he will let everyone in the entire organization go and bring someone in to start from scratch. I'd like to see Steve Stone get a shot as president and general manager.

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on August 04, 2011, 01:45:15 PM
Has there ever been more HOOPLA and commotion over a SUB .500 3rd to 4th place team than this one?

Yes, there is - the HOOPLA over the Cubs year in and year out .... LOL

The Jackal

Quote from: The Jackal on August 04, 2011, 01:45:15 PM
Quote from: dukesdad on August 04, 2011, 08:55:47 AM

Don't look now, but the Sox are almost as close in record to the Cubs as they are to the Tigers...and the Twins are breathing down their necks for that coveted AL Central 3rd place!!!!

Correction.

The Sox ARE closer to the Cubs than the Tigers.

6 1/2 behind Detroit...6 ahead of the Cubs.

BUT....they're ALL IN!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jackal

Quote from: Ted on August 04, 2011, 06:10:05 PM

BZZZZTTTTTT.

Wrong.

dukesdad

QuoteBUT....they're ALL IN!!!!!!

And you, you're living the "Wrigley life". Isn't that special?

The Jackal

^^^^^^^

Sure is.

Always has been, always will be.

:D ;D ;)

Ted

Anybody gotta noose?

ARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pkd50

Game not to be believed!!!!!    I'm all out.....it's over