News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Waving the white flag

Started by Ted, July 28, 2011, 06:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

Ok here's a question for you Ted and all the other Sox fans. Now that the all in has failed and all the chips are gone who will be gone during this off season.
A. Ozzie
B. Kenny
C. Both of the above
D.Niether one

I say C.
Of course with our luck in the world of Chicago baseball Reinsdorf will hire Hendry and Ricketts will hire Williams. Then both Cubs and Sox fans can jump off the same ledge at once! LOL.

Ted

Quote from: mustang54 on September 03, 2011, 10:03:56 PM
  Ok here's a question for you Ted and all the other Sox fans. Now that the all in has failed and all the chips are gone who will be gone during this off season.
A. Ozzie
B. Kenny
C. Both of the above
D.Niether one

I say C. 

I agree.  Dunn, Rios, Peavy, Swisher, Griffey, Teahan, Manny Ramirez were all busts and Williams gave away good young players to get a lot of them. I thought Jackson pitched well for the White Sox while he was here, but if you're going to trade Daniel Hudson for Jackson, at least keep Jackson through the end of the year.

Kenny Williams seems to have become obsessed with getting slow left handed power hitters. He forgot what got him a World Series championship in 2005.  And then leaving Viceado and Flowers and others in the minors all season seemed foolish. 

But, Dunn and Rios are what killed the Sox this year.

Ozzie hasn't been managing well this year. His obstinate refusal to see that Dunn and Rios were not producing and play  Lillebridge in center and bat AJ in cleanup against righties and Quentin in clean up against lefties hurt the Sox. Plus, I see less attempts at hit and runs, bunts, etc.   I am especially frustrated at what Ozzie did with Dunn - continuing to play him in the clean up spot against left handed pitchers. 

The White Sox have had a history of turning the team over at the change of a decade (1951, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1990, 2000).  They should have looked at that history, burned the forest and brought up the youngsters this year.  The kids they have brought up have looked good.  Unfortunately, Williams has given away too many young prospects to other teams.

It's time to burn the forest and turn over the team on the change in a decade.

seebee

Quote from: Ted on September 04, 2011, 05:17:53 AM
  Ozzie hasn't been managing well this year. His obstinate refusal to see that Dunn and Rios were not producing and play  Lillebridge in center and bat AJ in cleanup against righties and Quentin in clean up against lefties hurt the Sox. Plus, I see less attempts at hit and runs, bunts, etc.   I am especially frustrated at what Ozzie did with Dunn - continuing to play him in the clean up spot against left handed pitchers.

I have a gut feeling that the whole Dunn issue is not all about out Ozzie. I don't think Ozzie likes Dunn, and if it was completely up to him, Dunn would be schlepping a duffel bag on a bus back in Triple A. I think that pinch Ozzie made a few days ago confirms my suspicion that Ozzie has some spite going. I'm hoping that today, if the game is out of hand in the late innings, he puts in Sale to plunk Miggy - right before Dunn or Rios get an AB, so the retaliation plunk will be targeted at them.

I'd rather keep Ozzie than Kenny. I will say it again a thousand times. I HATED the Dunn signing. Hated it. I won't say I would have predicted him being this bad at all. I would have hated the signing even at his normal numbers. Rios also got too much, but Rios was always "that guy with superstar potential," and the signing looked pretty good last year, but this year, he simply turned back into the pumpkin that he is. I think Kenny should be made to publicly apologize to Paulie. Paulie has played his ass off for the past two years, and they were obviously building around him. Side note - Pierre lost a huge step, after stealing 68 MF bags last year - that huge dropoff hurt. BIG. He might not even top 30 bags this year. HUGE. I can't badmouth him tho. He already acknowledged his decline in productivity on the basepaths, and said he wouldn't blame the org for not bringing him back, but that he has nothing but respect for them. I say scroo Kenny. Ozzie won't want to stay here, so he'll probably be gone, but I think Kenny is the bigger problem.

pkd50

The Jackal

mustang54

I couldn't believe I saw a White Sox all in commercial on tv this weekend. After tonights game they need to make a new commercial saying "we're all out".

dukesdad

The Jackal

Quote from: mustang54 on September 12, 2011, 10:16:03 PM
  I couldn't believe I saw a White Sox all in commercial on tv this weekend. After tonights game they need to make a new commercial saying "we're all out".

They've been ALL OUT since April....LOL!!!

How the hell does anyone expect to win a division with THAT team, even if its the AL Central?

It's a .500 team.......AT BEST.

I've been saying that all season long.

Its taken some other people 140+ games to figure out the blatantly obvious.

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

The Jackal

^^^^^

Well, if they keep playing the Sox, it may be ad infinitum....

LOL!!!!!

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on September 13, 2011, 07:50:52 AM
^^^^^

Well, if they keep playing the Sox, it may be ad infinitum....

LOL!!!!!

And if the Sox were to play the Flubs ad infinitum, they'd be a shoe-in for the playoffs.... LOL

The Jackal

Hey Ted, is it John, or J-O-H-N-N-Y, Danks nowadays?

Ted

Quote from: The Jackal on September 13, 2011, 11:53:38 AM
Hey Ted, is it John, or J-O-H-N-N-Y, Danks nowadays?  

Hey Andy, is it Carlos Zambrano or N-U-T-C-A-S-E nowadays?