News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Whole House Fan?

Started by LOL, July 28, 2011, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOL

Does anybody on here have a whole house fan? We are looking for one and would like recommendations. We are probably going to install it ourselves (hubby is an electrical engineer) unless you tell us it's cheap to have somebody else do it. We have a small vented attic above our second floor, so that's where I'd optimally like to put it. We're not up there a lot, so noise won't be too big a problem.

I already searched the archives of BTF and found only something unresolved from 2005.
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

pioneer

I have one...which actually stopped working during this recent heat wave....getting it replaced very soon.

Yes, it is worth it as it helps keep the attic cooler, which helps AC not work as hard, which makes hanging out in the attic bearable...I am sure storing certain items in the extreme heat in the attic is not a good idea either....

I would recommend it...

LOL

Did you install it yourself? We know we want one, but just don't know what brand.
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

PamF

We don't have a 'whole house' fan but did just replace our attic fan which sucks hot air out of the attic.  Had it installed by Chicagoland Town Roofing.