News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Vintage Ball/Mason (Canning) Jars

Started by watcher, August 08, 2011, 04:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watcher

My wife is seeking a few pint size Blue tint jars in useable condition.

Anyone have a few? We used to see them all the time. The junk shops and antique places we've tried say they just toss them because
nobody seems to want `em.

She foolishly gave out Jams in the ones we had, expecting them to be returned, but they too were tossed into the bin.
PM with what you feel is a fair price.

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

dukesdad

I was at Kane County flea market yesterday, lots of 'em.

watcher

Quote from: dukesdad on August 08, 2011, 06:26:20 PM
I was at Kane County flea market yesterday, lots of 'em.

That's what I told her too. Can't wait another month? Will try DuPage this weekend, but thought
somebody here might have some in the basement...

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

~LL~

Quote from: watcher on August 08, 2011, 04:57:18 PM
My wife is seeking a few pint size Blue tint jars in useable condition.

Anyone have a few? We used to see them all the time. The junk shops and antique places we've tried say they just toss them because
nobody seems to want `em.

She foolishly gave out Jams in the ones we had, expecting them to be returned, but they too were tossed into the bin.
PM with what you feel is a fair price.

Try contacting the two antique shops in the DD -- eastward of George's Tavern.  If they don't happen to have any, I'm sure they know someone who does.  Check Ebay for possible going rates...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

PamF

Hey watcher, on a different subject, I seem to recall you trying to find Xmas bulbs a while back.  What colors again?  Found a string of those lights and didn't pitch them thinking you might want them.

watcher

Quote from: PamF on August 10, 2011, 03:34:28 PM
Hey watcher, on a different subject, I seem to recall you trying to find Xmas bulbs a while back.  What colors again?  Found a string of those lights and didn't pitch them thinking you might want them.

Yellow. For some reason it was dropped from the readily available colors. <shrug>.

Of course, I'll take the string. I'll find some use for it.
You want me to pick it up?

PamF

I need to re-find it as other half moved it somewhere . . . grrrr . . . he hates anything lying about that isn't where it should be.  I'll let you know (before Christmas I promise).