News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

The Best Time You Ever Had In a Movie Theater....

Started by Sherman, September 08, 2011, 09:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymac

Anybody watch MMW this weekend? It ran again on one of the HBO channels. It's always a must watch for me when it's on.

PBS ran it a few months ago on a Saturday night and me and my 12 year old watched it. He thought it was one of the funniest movies he ever saw - I was suprised at some of the lines that he "got". I think that's a testament to how well it has held up. I remember watching it with my Dad when I was a kid and now I'm still laughing at it with my kid(s). I'm sure my sons will turn my grandkids on to it.

scottymac

Quote from: Sherman on September 08, 2011, 09:11:22 PM
And no, I'm not talking about the time you got to second base with Susie Mackijewski at the Olympic Theater back in '78.

What I mean is--have you ever gone to a movie and been totally blown away by what you saw?  When you saw a movie so good that you never wanted it to end?

For me, it was when I saw A Bronx Tale.

Picture it--the Summer of 1993.

I was 19 years old and still in the USMC at the time(0311-Infantry), and I was stationed out in Camp Pendleton, California.  Believe it or not, I missed home...which at the time was the most beloved Town of Cicero, Illinois, terribly.  Yeah, it sounds like bullshit--I mean, who could miss that toilet, right?  But, I did.

It was a Sunday, I was at the tail-end of a Friday night hook-up with this Jew broad from Beverly Hills--Pam Kaplan.  She was a nanny for this rich, fat cat couple who had a bunch of little rat bastard kids...and while she was a nice, moral, Marry Poppins-esque child care provider by day she was a full-on nympho who'd ride your dick into the ground by night, lemme tell ya.

I was getting low on my dough, so we decided to take in a flick at the dollar movie theater in town....and A Bronx Tale was playing.

In essence, although it was NYC...there was alot of the old Cicero in that movie.  I sat there for about two hours totally engrossed in that film, and I never wanted it to end.

Unfortunately, it did...so I took Pam back to the motel for another game of "Assault on Firebase Wookie", if you know what I mean. ;)

What about you guys?  Tell us your stories...if you dare! ;D

Bronx Tale is one of my all time favorites, if not favorite. I worked for a guy at the racetrack for several years that was like a "Sonny" to me, and YES, alot of parallels. Exccept he didnt get killed at the end.

"now you's can't leave!"

Guy_on_Clinton

the movies were so bad... they were good... check them out.. 

Leonard Part 6
Transylvania 6-5000
Drop Dead Fred

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

berwyn senator

Going to the Berwyn theater to see the latest Martin and Lewis movie on a  Saturday afternoon, with two latest cartoons, 10 cents each,popcorn was 15 cents. Ushers would walk up and down the isles making sure the kids weren't causing a problem,if they did out they went no question.